Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #841
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Not that i am aware of. We are heading to Kingsville tomorrow then New Orleans next week then Fort Lauderdale at the end of the month. After that I am not sure if I will be with them any more My old command wants me back. Booo!!!
What dates will you be in New Orleans? I'll be down that way next thursday through Sunday.

BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #842
Camp
2005 WK 

Omelet, how are the instructions for installing the SL? Is it pretty difficult or pretty straight forward?
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #843
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97
What dates will you be in New Orleans? I'll be down that way next thursday through Sunday.
There for the Navy Week 21-22 and probably a day before and after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp
Omelet, how are the instructions for installing the SL? Is it pretty difficult or pretty straight forward?
They are ok. They don't give the greatest detail at times and some of the stuff is a little backwards. I was missing some key nuts and bolts too! It was hard to go through it all before hand to verify everything was there. Luckily I had a decent stash to pull from to make it all work. I only had a couple days from the time I received it to the time I started the install, so I only check to make sure all major components were accounted for. But if you are missing something they will send it to you free of charge (supposedly).

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #844
BobG97
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

There for the Navy Week 21-22 and probably a day before and after.

They are ok. They don't give the greatest detail at times and some of the stuff is a little backwards. I was missing some key nuts and bolts too! It was hard to go through it all before hand to verify everything was there. Luckily I had a decent stash to pull from to make it all work. I only had a couple days from the time I received it to the time I started the install, so I only check to make sure all major components were accounted for. But if you are missing something they will send it to you free of charge (supposedly).
I'll be down there 18-22 if you have some free time I'd be glad to grab an adult beverage or two lol.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #845
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Cool man! Shoot me a PM with your number and we will see what we can do.

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #846
Camp
2005 WK 

[QUOTE=They are ok. They don't give the greatest detail at times and some of the stuff is a little backwards. I was missing some key nuts and bolts too! It was hard to go through it all before hand to verify everything was there. Luckily I had a decent stash to pull from to make it all work. I only had a couple days from the time I received it to the time I started the install, so I only check to make sure all major components were accounted for. But if you are missing something they will send it to you free of charge (supposedly).[/QUOTE]

How difficult would it be for someone who has some experience with lifts, but not a lot.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #847
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

If you have basic mechanical knowledge then it is doable. It might be a little challenging, especially if you do it solo like I did Just be aware that a torch/plasma cutter and welder is requires unless you plan to have someone take care of the crossmember for you. You can download the instructions off their website. I would recommend giving it a read and see what you think.

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #848
Jhigz
2006 WK 

Duuuude, your jeep is a beast! Just read the whole thread tonight, I bought my 06 last summer and just barely began wheeling it this year. I broke it in at TDS and was amazed what it could do I came home with a whole new level of respect for it, began dumping $$ and TLC into it right away lol.... Still trying to prioritize my armor/upgrades but wow you've just given me so many more ideas. I'm in north county san diego too it's nice to know there's a beast of a WK around here!

Keep it up man I'll be referencing your thread for sure!

Ah yes.. and lets not forget what you started with! lol good job bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Jhigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #849
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! Finally there is someone else down here, I am so overjoyed!!! We will have to meet up one of these days when I am around. What mods have you done so far?

Unread 04-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #850
Jhigz
2006 WK 

sounds good man.

I was lucky enough to have bought it super clean (1 owner) with and OME lift and BFGs. I've added 4xg rock rails, aFe intake, and the 4xg front slider is on the way. I might get the dif guard next just to add to the look, but I'm in need of exhaust too... ahh much work to be done but I guess there isn't a rush. It's pretty damn exciting though lol
Jhigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #851
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nice setup! Bummer you have so much already, I thought I has found a new home for some of my stuff eating up room in my garage Well we will definitely have to get together here soon. And if you need a hand with any wrench work let me know!

Oh the diff guard is worth every penny! It has saved my diff a couple times. If you want to save a buck, the super lift one is cheaper and you can find free shipping deals sometimes.

Unread 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #852
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I snapped a couple of quick pics on my way into work this morning! I have been eyeballing this spot for a while now

I'll post more pics later.

Unread 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #853
kllshadow
2006 WK 

That looks sick! There's a big hill in the middle of a 360 off ramp I want to get a picture on but I don't want to get arrested haha.
Black WK Club Member #61
kllshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #854
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks Bud! And don't get and get yourself a ticket just for a picture.

Well our plane was having some issues this morning and we are now delayed until tomorrow. So I took advantage of some time off and finished up my last wheel!!! Now by the time I come back after the weekend they will all be painted and ready to be mounted by some big boy 35s

Unread 04-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #855
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Thanks Bud! And don't get and get yourself a ticket just for a picture.

Well our plane was having some issues this morning and we are now delayed until tomorrow. So I took advantage of some time off and finished up my last wheel!!! Now by the time I come back after the weekend they will all be painted and ready to be mounted by some big boy 35s
Hey-o! About time! ! Lol
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.