Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 04-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #826
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I off loaded some excess baggage in Phillie this evening!

Finally got rid of something taking up room in the garage!!!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #827
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I came home and got the Jeep an alignment today! I went to Firestone and after an inspection, some convincing, and my word that I wouldn't go back in every month for an alignment they sold me the Lifetime Alignment Now it feels great! The steering is very responsive and doesn't feel as strained as it used to. I can't wait to get out and feel this thing on the trail. But that is going to have to wait for another week or so. I leave again on thurs Speaking of which, anyone near Kingsville, TX?

Unread 04-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #828
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I came home and got the Jeep an alignment today! I went to Firestone and after an inspection, some convincing, and my word that I wouldn't go back in every month for an alignment they sold me the Lifetime Alignment Now it feels great! The steering is very responsive and doesn't feel as strained as it used to. I can't wait to get out and feel this thing on the trail. But that is going to have to wait for another week or so. I leave again on thurs Speaking of which, anyone near Kingsville, TX?

Five hrs or so North, in Austin. Few of us up here. that's "near" in Texas terms..
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #829
ruholm
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
I love having the life time alignment. Every six months I take it in to have it checked and the tires rotated.
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #830
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep
Five hrs or so North, in Austin. Few of us up here. that's "near" in Texas terms..
That's not very near, but it is closer than my mom in Dallas Well if anyone is planning on going to the Kingsville air show this weekend I will be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruholm
I love having the life time alignment. Every six months I take it in to have it checked and the tires rotated.
Yes I am glad they gave it to me. The guy at the desk wasn't too sure, but the main tech (had a nice Bronco in the parking lot) said it was fine. He was loving the Jeep and said he had never seen anything like it.

Unread 04-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #831
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Quote:
That's not very near, but it is closer than my mom in Dallas Well if anyone is planning on going to the Kingsville air show this weekend I will be there!
You're not driving up to Dallas to see your mom, are you? You'll drive within a mile or so of my house if you are.

Quote:
Yes I am glad they gave it to me. The guy at the desk wasn't too sure, but the main tech (had a nice Bronco in the parking lot) said it was fine. He was loving the Jeep and said he had never seen anything like it.
That's because there's nothing else like it...
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #832
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha! So true, at least not around here!

No I wont have time to drive up there and I doubt my mom will drive down, the distance is just too great.

Unread 04-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #833
naidib04
2006 WK 

Did you get rid of the ASFIR skid?

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #834
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

The front one? No I still have it. I am considering cutting it and using the front half because it will still bolt on, or just selling it and making a full skid that will go from the SL bracket up the the bottom of the bumper (fairlead).

Unread 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #835
CmmdrDan

Nathan you heading to dc at all with the team?
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #836
ryanlamb00
2005 WK 

Im in houston...isnt much better but i would love to see your rig in person!
ryanlamb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #837
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Kingsville is only 4 1/2 hours SW of me. No biggie. i dont think I will make it and I just have no real reason to go down there...unfortunately.

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #838
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
Nathan you heading to dc at all with the team?

Not that i am aware of. We are heading to Kingsville tomorrow then New Orleans next week then Fort Lauderdale at the end of the month. After that I am not sure if I will be with them any more My old command wants me back. Booo!!!

Unread 04-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #839
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlamb00 View Post
Im in houston...isnt much better but i would love to see your rig in person!
That is fairly close but I will be flying out there so my rig will not be with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Kingsville is only 4 1/2 hours SW of me. No biggie. i dont think I will make it and I just have no real reason to go down there...unfortunately.
Ya TX is quite spread out!

Unread 04-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #840
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Inspiration for Nathan's next mod(s): http://jalopnik.com/5900302/doesnt-e...a-flamethrower

Quote:
Quote:

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.