Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #781
BobG97
2005 WK 

It turned out great! By far the best WK I've seen yet!

BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #782
05WKinPA
2005 WK 

Nice job Omelet! Your work is really impressive.
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #783
christiang26
2009 WK 

Nice wk omelet, where dd you get the mopar stripes?
christiang26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #784
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks guys! I got the stripes from Nathan at ReBadgeDesign.com. I think his site is still a work in progress but you can email him at rebadge@yahoo.com. Hoping to get them on today

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #785
Budasac
2005 WK 

Looks awesome Nate! She's a beast!

I want to see how the stripes look though. Ever since Jayloop posted his I've been thinking about doing it. Just can't decide if I want to go with a color or gray/flat black. I like that blue with the khaki for yours. If it's too much maybe the white in the middle and the blue for the thin stripe. (I'm sure you'll figure out the best combo).

Also, is ReBadge where you got the "ORT" badges from? The site was working back when you ordered them right? (I could have swore I was looking at some "Punisher" badges on there.)
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #786
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks bud! I got the badges and stripes from Nate. Back when I had the badges made his sight was working. He has been reworking it for a little while now. You could just shoot him an email and tell him what you want or see if he can send you some pics of what he has done. I had seen some of the SRT badges he had made so when it came time to get the ORT badges made I knew right where to go and what I wanted. If you can think of it, he can make it And on that note pics of the stripes will be up in a few...

Unread 04-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #787
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I got my MOPAR stripes put on today! Here is a quick little write up for anyone interested. I had Nate (ReBadgeDesign) make me two sets, a charcoal metallic set that comes really close to matching my graphite paint and a matte black set as a fall back in case I didn't like the first. He also sent me some metallic blue that he used in the ORT8 badges. For now I just through on the charcoal stripes on and I will play with the blue later.

I had Nate make them straight 20" long and I trimmed from there. I started by moving the badges up right under the body crease. Then applied a skinny piece of tape to the fender line where I wanted the stripes to end.

I cut 9.5" off the bottom of the 20" strip and taped it under the badge. Then using a pencil I traced the impression from the thin tape underneath onto the stripes.

Now all I had to do was cut along the line and apply the decal and the bottom is finished.

The top is easy. Just tape it into place and cut off any excess from the top.

Then apply the decal and it is finished!

Now I am not an expert with these things so I do have a few air bubbles, but they aren't that noticeable. Plus I figure they will get scratch up soon enough anyway

I know they aren't the best pics but I will get more later. I still have some blue to add!

Oh! The passenger side is a little more complicated because of the antenna. I just unscrewed the antenna mount, laid the decal, cut a hole to match the fender opening, and screwed the antenna back on.

Unread 04-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #788
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I got my MOPAR stripes put on today! Here is a quick little write up for anyone interested. I had Nate (ReBadgeDesign) make me two sets, a charcoal metallic set that comes really close to matching my graphite paint and a matte black set as a fall back in case I didn't like the first. He also sent me some metallic blue that he used in the ORT8 badges. For now I just through on the charcoal stripes on and I will play with the blue later.
Mhmmmmmmmmmmm. On the official to do list. Decently priced?
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #789
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

$40 for a single color and $70 for a multi color.

Unread 04-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #790
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
$40 for a single color and $70 for a multi color.
40$ per side or for both?
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #791
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sorry, for a pair!

Unread 04-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #792
snoblade80
2008 WK 

That actually looks very good Nate, a good color choice.
Unread 04-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #793
Budasac
2005 WK 

Lookin' good. I'm lovin' the stripes. I think Jay may have started a new trend. How do you think the Charcoal would show up on black? I want something subtle. I was thinking flat black, but I don't know if you'd really notice them on the black paint.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #794
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Hot!
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #795
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
Lookin' good. I'm lovin' the stripes. I think Jay may have started a new trend. How do you think the Charcoal would show up on black? I want something subtle. I was thinking flat black, but I don't know if you'd really notice them on the black paint.
Well a matte black would be subtle and charcoal would be a little more noticeable but might not look right if they were the only thing on the Jeep that color. Another idea would be like a frosted clear! Not sure if he has it but that might look cool.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.