Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #631
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
Ya it is a cheap mod so just do it AJ! I will have pics of the gas door up later so you can see if that is something you will like too. I love it when khaki guys try things like this because then the other khaki guys can get a real feel for how it would look on theirs.
Agreed

'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #632
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
i got mine for like 23 bucks for everything... screws nuts metal and paint
Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Ya it is a cheap mod so just do it AJ! I will have pics of the gas door up later so you can see if that is something you will like too. I love it when khaki guys try things like this because then the other khaki guys can get a real feel for how it would look on theirs.
Excellent!
Unread 03-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #633
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Instal pics as promised!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #634
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

That's tight! Paint me one!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #635
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ha! You have a cover you can send me?

Unread 03-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #636
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Unfortunately not at this time...it wouldn't look as good on mine right now anyways bc I don't have any other graphite parts for it to match
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #637
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well the solution for your problem is only a rattle can away!

Unread 03-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #638
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Real nice. The 2-tone goes great with your wheels.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #639
Northwoods18
2005 WK 

The gas cap really looks good next to those wheels, well done!
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #640
5point7HEMI
2005 WK 

Sometimes those little things go a long way. Looks great!
5point7HEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #641
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thank a lot guys! It was one of those mods I have been wanting to do for a long time but never wanted to pony up the dough for a new door.

Unread 03-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #642
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So for the benefit of those who don't want to buy new door locks but still want some low profile ones, here some awesome info for you!

I chopped one down to 1 1/8" the same as the billet ones. Then I used a drill bit and made the hole go all the way to top leaving only about 1/8" from the end. Here's the chopped stock post next to the billet one.

You don't have to chop them for them to sit flush. You can leave them the stock length, but chopping them makes it easier to screw them back on. All you have to do is drill them out farther. Here is how it sits once modified.

And then locked.

So if you like your stock locks and don't want the billet one, then this is a very easy mod to do! Although if you plan to do this you might want to go easy on the soft plastic locks. As you can see I didn't really care about mine and they got chewed up pretty good. I hope this is useful news
Just did this to the driver side only. I've only owned it a week and that lock knob sticking up was really bothering me when I'd have my arm up there. Thanks for the tip.

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #643
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

No problem bud! It is a great mod and I should have done it years ago. My arm/pit has been bruised after wheeling before because of that thing! Not anymore though

I can't wait until you guys see what I have planned for the new wheels! Since they will be an off road only/mostly set I will be getting a little more bold with the paint.

Unread 03-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #644
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

It has been stormy down here the past couple day which is nice, I love having weather! But I am really enjoying the look of the front end with the new grill. Just wanted to share

Unread 03-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #645
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
It has been stormy down here the past couple day which is nice, I love having weather! But I am really enjoying the look of the front end with the new grill. Just wanted to share
Yeah, it looks great. I think that's one of the best mods for the time/money involved. $20 and an hour or two and it really has an impact on the appearance of the front end.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.