Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #601
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

You know it

Well look what we have here! Scored a shiny set of 5 Moabs for $150. I had to drive an hour and a half to get them but it was a good deal. I found some for $100 but that would have been a 2 hour drive.

Now to paint them and get them mounted up to my new KRs!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #602
kllshadow
2006 WK 

Damn that's an awesome deal man. Around here the cheapest I have seen them is 350-400.
kllshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #603
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yep! I had only been searching in the San Diego area and was actually eye balling a deal for $300 for 5, but then I expanded my search to include everything south of LA and found some great deals as long as I was willing to drive.

Unread 03-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #604
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
You know it

Well look what we have here! Scored a shiny set of 5 Moabs for $150. I had to drive an hour and a half to get them but it was a good deal. I found some for $100 but that would have been a 2 hour drive.

Now to paint them and get them mounted up to my new KRs!
That's just a ridiculous deal!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #605
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I finished up the grill today! I kept the chrome and painted the diamond sheet graphite to match the matrix and various other painted parts. I hit it up with six coats of clear to help protect it from the elements and hopefully prolong the rusting process. Enjoy the plethora of pics

I also got a new to me Mopar gas door! It will also be painted graphite only the bolt heads will stay chrome and maybe the recessed channel. Still weighing my options. I now realize why this thing is so expensive when new. It is a complete door and hinge replacement (which I knew), but the door is actually metal and chrome plated. It isn't just some cheap plastic door with a crappy chrome finish like all the trim pieces. This is a nice piece! I almost don't want to scratch it up and paint it, even though that has been my intentions from the beginning. Maybe I should save this guy from getting covered up and just do a TJ conversion

Unread 03-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #606
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Lookin great like always! I was debating if I wanted that gas door last night...still haven't decided, maybe I'll wait til you install it!
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #607
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
I finished up the grill today! I kept the chrome and painted the diamond sheet graphite to match the matrix and various other painted parts. I hit it up with six coats of clear to help protect it from the elements and hopefully prolong the rusting process. Enjoy the plethora of pics

I also got a new to me Mopar gas door! It will also be painted graphite only the bolt heads will stay chrome and maybe the recessed channel. Still weighing my options. I now realize why this thing is so expensive when new. It is a complete door and hinge replacement (which I knew), but the door is actually metal and chrome plated. It isn't just some cheap plastic door with a crappy chrome finish like all the trim pieces. This is a nice piece! I almost don't want to scratch it up and paint it, even though that has been my intentions from the beginning. Maybe I should save this guy from getting covered up and just do a TJ conversion
How much did you end up getting that gas door for? Always wanted one and was going to plastidip it black.
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #608
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks guys! I got the door from a guy one JG for $50. Couldn't pass up that deal

Unread 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #609
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:

Nate great job on everything! I love my door as well

Where did I miss the info on those awesome lights you have in the grille? Also, what kind of mounting screws/bolts did you use because your's looks cleaner than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu
Lookin great like always! I was debating if I wanted that gas door last night...still haven't decided, maybe I'll wait til you install it!
I have a few photos of mine on posted up somewhere. I'll pm you one of mine on mid chrome door handle install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead
How much did you end up getting that gas door for? Always wanted one and was going to plastidip it black.
There's some good deals on eBay on them. Just make sure you get a mopar one because like Nate said its a stout metal piece and not cheap plastic.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #610
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283
Where did I miss the info on those awesome lights you have in the grille? Also, what kind of mounting screws/bolts did you use because your's looks cleaner than mine.
They are the Rigid D2s! I think the instal is within the first 5 pages or so of the build. I would have to look to be sure. (OK end of page 6!)

What screws/bolts are you talking about? Are you referring to the ones securing the diamond sheet to the grill?

Unread 03-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #611
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:

They are the Rigid D2s! I think the instal is within the first 5 pages or so of the build. I would have to look to be sure. (OK end of page 6!)

What screws/bolts are you talking about? Are you referring to the ones securing the diamond sheet to the grill?
Have they been on your rig the whole time? They look amazing there and I can't believe I missed them all this time!!!

Yes I am referring to how your sheet metal is affixed to the grille. I also need to use a lot more clear as two coats didn't prevent the rust. I'm taking the grille off this weekend and re-painting.

Do you have any photos with the D2s on?
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #612
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Have they been on your rig the whole time? They look amazing there and I can't believe I missed them all this time!!!
For about a year now! You have just been looking past them this whole time.

Quote:
Yes I am referring to how your sheet metal is affixed to the grille. I also need to use a lot more clear as two coats didn't prevent the rust. I'm taking the grille off this weekend and re-painting.
I used 1/4" stainless screws with washers that I painted black so they wouldn't be noticeable, then lock washers and nuts. The screws I got were 1.5" in length. I can try to snap a couple pics tomorrow if you'd like?

Quote:
Do you have any photos with the D2s on?
Yes, they are also on page 6

Unread 03-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #613
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:

For about a year now! You have just been looking past them this whole time.

I used 1/4" stainless screws with washers that I painted black so they wouldn't be noticeable, then lock washers and nuts. The screws I got were 1.5" in length. I can try to snap a couple pics tomorrow if you'd like?

Yes, they are also on page 6
How could I have missed them? I mean it's not like you have that many mods

If you have time sometime, I'd love to see the photos. I need to trim mine down some and paint them black I guess.

Ps, I saw the photos of the lights and they're awesome!
Unread 03-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #614
xOakley
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post

Grill came out awesome! What exactly did you use and were did you find it!? Only stuff i've had luck finding has small little openings!
xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #615
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283

How could I have missed them? I mean it's not like you have that many mods

If you have time sometime, I'd love to see the photos. I need to trim mine down some and paint them black I guess.

Ps, I saw the photos of the lights and they're awesome!
Haha! Ya only a couple mods I will try to post some pics for you today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOakley

Grill came out awesome! What exactly did you use and were did you find it!? Only stuff i've had luck finding has small little openings!
It is the same expanded sheet that most have used only it is the 3/4" instead of the 1/2". It comes in a sheet twice the size so you only need one. I had to go to 1 Lowes and 3 Home Depots before I found some, and they only had one sheet!

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.