I knew it!! Haha! Congrats! Now get the SL on and mount up these bad boys! Haha!
Patience my friend! I haven't even received the SL yet. I talked to Nick yesterday and he told me one of the three boxes went missing so they are sending another one out. I should be able to go pick it up early next week!!!
Might be able to get it off at home. Take the top ring off (looks like you already got that done). Then flip the tire over tire and use a hi lift on the tire to press the bead off. You can jack your jeep up on the slider with the base of the jack on the tire bead. Do that in 3 spots and that should pop that back bead free. Then, slide the tire over the front lip. Should be that easy.
Yeah, we can probably go back as far as Nixon to thank/blame for this, probably even before. But I was in 5th grade when Nixon was elected, so I don't have much memory before that (though I DO remember all the cars that all my uncles, aunts and cousins owned..)
Anyway, back to your regularly-scheduled build thread.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.9L
2007 WK Limited 5.7L
And some past Durangos
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
So now for the unfinished project which is now completed. Today I FINALY finished plumping the tank into the compressor!!! I am not sure why it has taken me so long to complete it. Probably because the compressor has been working beautifully all this time and having the tank is just an added benefit. I went out and grabbed some needed parts.
This was most of it. I had a few other pieces already in the stash, so this would complete it.
I planned out the piping and built it just hand tight to make sure it would work. It would come out the side of the compressor tank, then have a ball valve (to secure the flow to the tank if need be), then a gauge, and then off to the tank in the rear.
Once I was confident with my plan it was all torn down, taped, and tightened.
From there the 1\4" hose drops down into the frame.
It passes through the frame and out the bottom. I wanted to run it back a ways and have it pop out in the rear, but the frame gets a little cluttered at the crossmember. So it just goes straight through. I wrapped the tube with some cool tape because it ran next to the exhaust for a short distance and I didn't want to take the chance of it melting.
I tucked the tube behind the heat shield and ran it all the way down the side until the shield ends. Then it was fastened to multiple points as it continued down the side.
I wrapped it again where it passed over the exhaust with a wire harness.
And finally it mates up with the hose off the tank with a quick disconnect.
Haha!!! Nope! The compressor was there and the tank was there, but I never did attach the two. There was always something else going on! But now that is done and I can finished one of my other unfinished projects