Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #496
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
There you go! Thanks Sean for the info. So I take it you didn't like the SL shocks either?! I can't wait to get a second set this week. lol!!!
Haha! They weren't too bad. In below zero weather though it was like riding in a wagon though. Plus I hated their two piece design bushings.

'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #497
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

They weren't that great in above freezing temps either. I wasn't a fan!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #498
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
This is the place I found where I was going to order the other pieces:

http://www.custombilletstore.com/category_s/85.htm

Give that a look. Hopefully that will give you what you are looking for Jim!
Sorry, I missed this before. Thanks for the link Nate!
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #499
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283

Sorry, I missed this before. Thanks for the link Nate!
No problem bud!

Well after getting my Jeep back early last week I found a puddle under her Thur Come to find out the water pump was leaking. The thing sure did have a good run at just shy of 98k miles. I could have replaced it myself with a generic one from PepBoys, but the warranty hadn't expired yet. So back to the dealer it went to get a genuine Mopar pump and free instal While it was there I also had them fix the sunroof because it wasn't closing all the way. So they updated the software on the sunroof module and it is now good as new! I have definitely got my money's worth out of this warranty Tomorrow I will be installing my new billet door locks!

Unread 02-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #500
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I got the billet door locks installed today! The precess is pretty easy and only takes about 10 mins.

The stock locks. Long ugly black plastic that makes it uncomfortable to lean over the door or rest your arm directly to the side.

They unscrew right off with the help of some pliers and a rag.

Gently stick a screwdriver under the bezel and pry it up. This was the hardest part.

New vs. Old

I had to shave the hole slightly to get the new bezels in.

After a slight shave they squeezed right in.

I originally ordered the stripped ones because I liked the look of them more, but then found out they do not sit as low and flush as the plain ones. So I ordered a set of the plain ones because I wanted them to sit flush when locked. Once I got them both I realized that they are the same size the only difference being that the stripped ones were not threaded all the way up like the plain ones are. I popped the plain ones on for now, but I plan to tap the striped ones up farther so I can use them instead.

Once the new post was threaded on.

I like everything about these new locks except it might be too much bling I am going to look into getting them anodized either blue or graphite. I will probably leave the bezels how they are.

Here is how they sit unlocked:

And locked:

My arm is rejoicing and thanking me for a pain free future!!!

Unread 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #501
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

were your cree LED reverse bulbs 7W if i remember correctly? i got 5W ones that look identical to yours and they're almost worthless...apparently 2 extra Ws are key

i'm liking those door locks....i have to admit when you had posted that pic of them in the bag i had no idea what they even were i just saw some random metal pieces in a bag...
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #502
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

You mod things that I would never think to do. I noticed the horrible placement the first time I rolled down my window. I may have to do this for pure functionality.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #503
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Great job and idea!
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #504
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfoot9psu View Post
were your cree LED reverse bulbs 7W if i remember correctly? i got 5W ones that look identical to yours and they're almost worthless...apparently 2 extra Ws are key

i'm liking those door locks....i have to admit when you had posted that pic of them in the bag i had no idea what they even were i just saw some random metal pieces in a bag...
Yes they are 7W! Haha! That is funny stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3kmitch View Post
You mod things that I would never think to do. I noticed the horrible placement the first time I rolled down my window. I may have to do this for pure functionality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusjeep View Post
Great job and idea!
Thanks guys! They were only $38 and will be so appreciated.

Unread 02-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #505
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Where did you get those? I hate how the door unlock hits my elbow.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #506
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yes these will fix that annoyance! I got them from a guy in JG. I can get his email if you'd like?

Unread 03-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #507
Valpacer

2007 WK 

No Leds in the lock buttons? You disappoint me Nathan.....

Kidding!

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #508
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Smooth and flush door locks.......what a simple, yet great mod! I agree with Mitch.....you mod stuff no one else even thinks about.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #509
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
Yes these will fix that annoyance! I got them from a guy in JG. I can get his email if you'd like?
That would be great. Thanks!

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #510
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha! Thanks guys! Simple convenient mod, but no LEDs yet Dave

Brian I will send you a PM with the email when I get it

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.