Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Advance Adapters SYE KitsOconee Off-Road Jeep Night!SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 02-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #466
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh View Post
Ooh. Do you have a parts list for it you could text/pm me offhand?
It depends on the size of nutsert you are using. Then you match the bolt to the nutsert (only get it longer than you would need), get a couple of washers that fit the bolt, and a nut one size larger than the bolt.

And because I love pictures, here you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Nate, what are you doing with your old skids?
Well I sold my 4xG front skid already. The suspension skid will probably get turned into a weight sled . I still have the t-case skid along with the Asfir t-case bracket that I plan to sell. I also still have the 4xG rails that I will sell. The problem is I hate shipping large heavy items especially if I don't have the box they came in. So I try to sell stuff like this locally.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #467
mattydipps
2006 WK 

sorry for the dumbness, what is a nutsert? my first guess would be almost like a wall screw anchor? just on a bigger scale for nuts?
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #468
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post

Well I sold my 4xG front skid already. The suspension skid will probably get turned into a weight sled . I still have the t-case skid along with the Asfir t-case bracket that I plan to sell. I also still have the 4xG rails that I will sell. The problem is I hate shipping large heavy items especially if I don't have the box they came in. So I try to sell stuff like this locally.
I hate paying for the shipping of large heavy items.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #469
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps
sorry for the dumbness, what is a nutsert? my first guess would be almost like a wall screw anchor? just on a bigger scale for nuts?
Basically yes! It is a nut that you insert into a hole and then smash into place. This way you don't have to get a wrench onto the nut on the backside. It is similar to a rivet in how it instals.

3000th post BTW!!! Woot!

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #470
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Basically yes! It is a nut that you insert into a hole and then smash into place. This way you don't have to get a wrench onto the nut on the backside. It is similar to a rivet in how it instals.

3000th post BTW!!! Woot!
awesome glad i can be apart of it ... haha thanks for the info, makes for better reading material lol
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #471
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

I hate paying for the shipping of large heavy items.
I finally got a chance to check their website out the other day and it looks like their new headquarters is 15 miles away from me, haha! Maybe Kolak can swing a special deal for me when I'm ready to buy some since I won't need them to be shipped.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #472
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Are you refering to 4xG? If so their headquarter location might not matter. I believe they are still using SuperLift's manufacturing, storage, and shipping facilities which is in Louisiana I think. So unless they stock their products at their headquarters too, you will have to pay for shipping.

Unread 02-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #473
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Are you refering to 4xG? If so their headquarter location might not matter. I believe they are still using SuperLift's manufacturing, storage, and shipping facilities which is in Louisiana I think. So unless they stock their products at their headquarters too, you will have to pay for shipping.
Darn, it must just be jeepin'byal then. Either way, that's kind of cool that a well known jeep store is close by. I have Quadratec 25 mins one way, and JBA 15 mins another way. Go PA
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #474
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

4XG and JBA are the same company aren't they? When Marlin emailed me about my skid his email signature says both JBA and 4XG so i think he's the owner of both now
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #475
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yes he bought 4xG from Russ.

Unread 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #476
jager00
2005 WK 

Quote:
I got my 4xg front skid from jba when i made a visit to marlin.... i dont know if he keeps any stock there or not but he had that when i was there... if the other guy lives 15 min away he should call and see if he has it there just in case

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #477
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Today I had some time so I got started on the maintenance. I started with the catch can. I empty it every oil change. This time like most it was about half full.

I also got started on the spark plugs. I only got the passenger side 8 plugs swapped out and will continue the other 8 tomorrow. Having to do 16 plugs makes me so happy I don't have to do it very often.

Oh, and this is what I like to see!!!

Champion plugs:

Mobil 1 oil:

Mopar t-case oil:

Mopar filter:

Unread 02-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #478
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Just finished up the other 8 plugs! And I realized I am going to need a bigger stool here soon

Unread 02-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #479
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Just finished up the other 8 plugs! And I realized I am going to need a bigger stool here soon
im stokeddd man i cant wait to see how it looks, do you have an eta for everything?
Unread 02-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #480
jager00
2005 WK 

Quote:

Thats your stepstool?!?!? Haha mines a 6' ladder lol.. on the upside i dont have to loft the jeep up to work underneath it like changing my oil and stuff. Nothin but room!

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.