Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 31 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #451
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Ohhh one more thing. Where did you get all of that under good bling? I can only see the dipstick but I'm sure you have everything else.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #452
meep
2008 WK 

omelet,

your build thread is terrific. i completely "get" your motivation to tinker, and the way you approach from design to fit and finish to the "art" that it really becomes.

nicely done, sir.

Mike
meep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #453
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
What type of connectors are those on the end of the ground wire? They are 12-10ga. Ring Terminals 5/16 on each end.
I've seen them before but don't know the name. Do you just attach the fender end of the ground to any part on the fender? Yes or you can run it to the negative battery terminal.

Does the throttle response even improve with the ground wire over a programmer? Yes I noticed an improvement. The theory is that the TB is aluminum and it is bolted onto a plastic intake manifold, so it doesn't receive the proper grounding. This wire allows it to be properly grounded and speeds up the electrical signal.
Don't you have one? I'm getting an intune so I'm not sure if I should do/need this or not. Yes I have the SC, but this mod only costs a couple bucks and maybe 15 mins of your time. May as well give it a try!

Looking awesome as usual!

Quote:
Ohhh one more thing. Where did you get all of that under good bling? I can only see the dipstick but I'm sure you have everything else.
It is a kit made by Billet Technology. It got them used from a member on JG. It didn't include all the pieces, but it was a great deal that I couldn't pass up on. I plan on buying the missing pieces eventually. I have a some pics a few pages back, but this is what the engine bay looks like now.

As you can see I still need at least the coolant tank cap, radiator cap, and oil cap to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
omelet,

your build thread is terrific. i completely "get" your motivation to tinker, and the way you approach from design to fit and finish to the "art" that it really becomes.

nicely done, sir.

Mike
Thanks a lot Mike! It is a very tinkered work of art

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #454
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
It is a kit made by Billet Technology. It got them used from a member on JG. It didn't include all the pieces, but it was a great deal that I couldn't pass up on. I plan on buying the missing pieces eventually. I have a some pics a few pages back, but this is what the engine bay looks like now.

As you can see I still need at least the coolant tank cap, radiator cap, and oil cap to get.

Thanks a lot Mike! It is a very tinkered work of art
Thanks so much Omelet! Is it Nathan? I'm Jim btw, I figure I should call you by your name since you answer so many of my questions about your amazing rig I looked on BT' s website before, since I thought maybe that's where you could get them. They don't have any listed under our WKs, just WK2s. I saw them under some other hemi engines though. I wasn't sure if the under hood items were all the same on the 5.7. I'm assuming they are; is that what yours are from?

Thanks again Omelet!
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #455
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

This is the place I found where I was going to order the other pieces:

http://www.custombilletstore.com/category_s/85.htm

Give that a look. Hopefully that will give you what you are looking for Jim!

Unread 02-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #456
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So today I gathered some supplies!

It is tune up time!!! I am doing the engine oil, spark plugs, t-case, diffs (don't have that fluid yet), and some Seafoam treatment. I am currently running with some Seafoam in the crankcase, but I will add some to the fuel after the plugs and oil are changed tomorrow along with the vac line.

I also put together a nutsert instal tool!

Then I drilled out the three holes under the lower radiator support. They were practically useless from having the 4xG attached to them getting bumped around. The holes had distorted and the bolts were hardly grabbing anything. SO they were drilled out and I installed nutserts in their place. Now I can use 5/16" bolts to secure my skids!

Before:

After:

This will make for a much more secure skid mount!!!

Oh! And I did take a nice little break to enjoy an ice cold Mountain Dew!

Unread 02-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #457
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Where did you get the ring terminals. Lowe's had nothing with a 5/16 opening, except for in a $18 multipack.
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #458
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Blizzboy ring terminals can be found at Radio shack or any parts store.
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #459
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Nate how does the nutsert tool you fashioned work? I've seen some that look like rivet guns but nothing like that. Shnazzy!
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #460
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Where did you get the ring terminals. Lowe's had nothing with a 5/16 opening, except for in a $18 multipack.
I got them at PepBoys! It was a pack of 10 for a couple bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh View Post
Nate how does the nutsert tool you fashioned work? I've seen some that look like rivet guns but nothing like that. Shnazzy!
Thanks Bud! You put an end wrench on the nut in between the washers (that nut is just floating BTW, not threaded on) and then a ratchet or impact gun on the bolt. Tighten it down and then back the bolt out. And there you have it... a nutcert!!!

Unread 02-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #461
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
I got them at PepBoys! It was a pack of 10 for a couple bucks.

Thanks Bud! You put an end wrench on the nut in between the washers (that nut is just floating BTW, not threaded on) and then a ratchet or impact gun on the bolt. Tighten it down and then back the bolt out. And there you have it... a nutcert!!!
Ooh gotcha. So it flares in the hole I'm guessing? Where'd you find that nifty tool?
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #462
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Jon from SA showed me when I got the rails! I am guessing Doc was the one that showed him since he has been using nutserts for so long.

Unread 02-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #463
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Ooh. Do you have a parts list for it you could text/pm me offhand?
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #464
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh
Blizzboy ring terminals can be found at Radio shack or any parts store.
Thanks man! Radio shack had exactly what I needed. Appreciate the info.
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #465
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Nate, what are you doing with your old skids?

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.