Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 02-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #421
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So last night I did a couple quick mods! First was a throttle body ground wire. I used some 10ga speaker wire I had sitting around and popped some ends on it.

Between this and the Fast Man throttle body there is a significant improvement in throttle response from stock! I noticed a nice improvement with the intake, then the TB, and now the wire. I would hate to jump into a stock one after feeling this!

I also installed my new reverse lights! I have the pics uploading, so it will be a few mins before they are up. The pics aren't the best quality, but they get the point across. Here are a couple more of the Cree LED and projector:

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #422
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Ok, I am going to try to quickly sum up the past week When I drove out to AZ to instal the new skids I noticed that my front pinion seal was leaking so I needed to get that fixed before it caused further damage. Also I have been hearing a suspicious noise from my front end so I needed to look into that as well. My carmax warranty expires in 700 miles so it was time to take it in and get everything replaced that I could while it was still under warranty. The pinion seal was fully covered under the warranty. After further investigation the rack is the noise culprit Luckily the warranty is covering the rack replacement, however it would only cover a rebuilt unit at $400. I know nothing about this rebuilt rack or even the company that does the work, so I was not comfortable with that! The Jeep stealership said they could instal a brand new OEM rack instead but I would have to cover the difference. That sounded like a much better option since I have heard the aftermarket racks are not as robust. The OEM rack will also carry a warranty from Jeep, so that is great since I only have 700 miles left on my existing one. I pick it up after an alignment and test drive tomorrow morning!

No, this rack has survived the abuse I have put it through the past 15 month with this modified OME lift, but it is time to move on. My lift set up was something I did a year ago to see just what I could push the OME suspension to. It was never intended to be a permanent lift. I had every intention to upgrade to the SL come this year. Since my warranty is about up and I am getting a brand new rack, now is the perfect time for said upgrade! Even though this new one comes with a warranty, my luck it would fail as soon as the warranty is up and I would be on my own covering another one.

SO! As of today I have a shiny new SL hurling itself in my direction!!! I placed my order through Kolak because of his superior service and support along with his unbeatable pricing. It is being shipped to my local 4WheelParts which is about 15mins from my house to save on shipping. It should arrive within the next couple of days and the build planning will begin!!!
Atta boy!!!
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #423
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
So last night I did a couple quick mods! First was a throttle body ground wire. I used some 10ga speaker wire I had sitting around and popped some ends on it.

Between this and the Fast Man throttle body there is a significant improvement in throttle response from stock! I noticed a nice improvement with the intake, then the TB, and now the wire. I would hate to jump into a stock one after feeling this!

I also installed my new reverse lights! I have the pics uploading, so it will be a few mins before they are up. The pics aren't the best quality, but they get the point across. Here are a couple more of the Cree LED and projector:

Man I missed quite a bit. Thing just keeps getting better and better everyday. Any details on the reverse lights? Are they plug n play? Glad to hear the ground wire helped out!
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #424
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh View Post
Atta boy!!!
Thanks Sean! It wont be quite the beast that yours is, but it should still be a pleasant improvement!

Unread 02-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #425
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Thanks Sean! It wont be quite the beast that yours is, but it should still be a pleasant improvement!
Ohh I'm sure you'll give in to the dark side soon enough friend. 35's screaming buy me buy me! Hahahaha! Can just tell the wife that it needed tires and that they added all the lift when you put them on. Haha.
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #426
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Man I missed quite a bit. Thing just keeps getting better and better everyday. Any details on the reverse lights? Are they plug n play? Glad to hear the ground wire helped out!
I posted about them a page or two back, but I have been waiting to get my Jeep back to install them. Yes they are plug and play though. I posted an eBay link even though they only had the one pair they might get more in. The are wicked bright!!!

Unread 02-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #427
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Ohh I'm sure you'll give in to the dark side soon enough friend. 35's screaming buy me buy me! Hahahaha! Can just tell the wife that it needed tires and that they added all the lift when you put them on. Haha.
I will have 35s some day, but these tires still have plenty of life and I would really like to regear first or at the same time. Next time I meet up with my dad I will most definitely try out his shoes though!

Unread 02-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #428
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
I will have 35s some day, but these tires still have plenty of life and I would really like to regear first or at the same time. Next time I meet up with my dad I will most definitely try out his shoes though!
Awesome! Can't wait to see it Superlifted. I almost bought the trail Grapplers in your exact size before I went with the duratracs. Things are beefy! I got to watch Greg's do some work this past weekend in Vegas. Very nice tire with hardly any road hum.
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #429
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Will pretty much any 3157 led work back there? Is there dimensions I should look for? Any bulb type or specs I should look for(electronics are Greek to me lol). Those things are awesome! Pics pics! Lol
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #430
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Awesome! Can't wait to see it Superlifted. I almost bought the trail Grapplers in your exact size before I went with the duratracs. Things are beefy! I got to watch Greg's do some work this past weekend in Vegas. Very nice tire with hardly any road hum.
sean were they that quiet? looking at them they look identical to BFG KMs and they were pretty loud on the street, well on my TJ they were. how many miles you think he has on them?
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #431
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
sean were they that quiet? looking at them they look identical to BFG KMs and they were pretty loud on the street, well on my TJ they were. how many miles you think he has on them?
You'd have to ask Greg as far as miles but yeah they were pretty damn quite. About as quite as my Duratracs I would say.
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #432
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Yes these things are glorious!!! They would have been too small for your lift though. They are only a hair over 33" and you need a 35" tire for that thing!

Quote:
Will pretty much any 3157 led work back there? Is there dimensions I should look for? Any bulb type or specs I should look for(electronics are Greek to me lol). Those things are awesome! Pics pics! Lol
As long as they are not super fat, then any 3157 will do from what I understand. Make sure you get the ones with the Cree LED even if they don't have the side LEDs. There is no comparison!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
YES! They are that quiet! They get a little louder as they wear like all tires do, but they are definitely quieter than those crappy KM2s. I had the KM2s before I bought these. These are heavy, but that is the ONLY down side. They are super strong, quiet, very stable, and have awesome traction!

Unread 02-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #433
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Excellent! I found some just like you're with the side led and Cree led on the end. What are the dimensions on yours? Particularly width?
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #434
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Not sure, do they look like mine? If so they will fit.

Unread 02-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #435
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Yup. Pretty much identical. The overall length is 55mm so length should be ok. I'm not sure on the width though. Can youplease post some night pics when you get a chance?

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.