For anyone interested, here is some info on the Asfir skids from the US distributor I met with:
1. The factory and development is in Israel. As a large Military vehicle contractor in the European/Middle East market all of our products are designed to take incredible abuse.
2. Our Skid Plates are made from 1/4" 5052 Aluminum. The same material used for armored vehicles for over 100 years. I drop our 6000 lb. JK on rocks here in AZ and other than a dent and scratch here they are up to the task.
3. We are more expensive than other skid plates on the market, but that is because of the engineering, additional coverage we offer and some material cost differences.
4. The weight savings is half as much as a comparable steel set. On a JK the core 4 pieces net 85 lbs versus 180 - 195 lbs for steel.
5. Aluminum does not crumple like steel when you land on it. As the Modulus of Elasticity is much greater it will flex and return to shape much better. Plus if you happen to bend it a 5 lb. sledge on the neighbors driveway will bring it back to shape. As an added measure 5052 is a work hardenable material and when you pound it back into shape it gets stronger.
6. 5052 does not grab on rocks, the softer material molds around shapes and deflects. Not to say you will not get some scratches/gouges on them, but that just proves they are working.
7. Aluminum will not corrode. Everytime the material is scratched or abraded it will regenerate a new layer of aluminum oxide to protect itself. So scratch and gouge away, it will not affect it.
8. We sell this line for the Daily Driver that wants to get his rig home on monday to get to work but likes to go out and play with the assurance that the vital components of the vehicle are well protected.
They are 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers! And for you future convenience, (assuming you are using the JF app) if you push the bar at the top of each page with the thread title and the arrow pointing to the right, it will give you the standard page view that shows sigs, locations, and all that good info.