Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #16
notransitory128
2005 WK 

Good comeback haha

Unread 01-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Eventually I got all of the Old Man Emu (Medium Duty) lift goodies I ordered from Kolak! Just in time too. I had a trip planned with my dad over the weekend. Thursday came and I was still missing my front struts. I started by doing the rear and the struts ended up coming that afternoon. I finished the install that evening and then set out first thing in the morning to go to my dad's.

Started tearing into the front end at about 1500!

While trying to compress the new MD coils, I snapped one of my cheap spring compressors. So don't cheap out on those, spend the extra money and get the good ones! Luckily there was a PepBoys down the street that was open until 1900. Besides that the install went fine.

The next morning right before leaving:

This was my initial lift configuration. The Full OME MD lift, 1.25" spacers, Rubi Moab wheels, and Rubi BFG M/T 255/75/17 tires.

*Oh and for those who are afraid to install anything by them self, to date I have successfully done everything to this Jeep solo! And I am no mechanic or anything special. So don't let not having any help stop you from doing anything

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

I'm following this one for sure!! Great job omlet this is going to be a great build thread!!
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
Budasac
2005 WK 

Bout time!! Good luck Nate. You've set a monumental task upon yourself.
It'll be nice to have all your mods in one place though. It's like one stop shopping for ideas.
Budasac is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Haha! Thanks guys! It will be nice to have everything in one spot. It gets tiring trying to find info or pics that I have posted for others all the time A while ago I took the time to turn my sig into hyper links, but that is only good for what I currently have.

Unread 01-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So I go the lift done and headed up to my dad's. Once I got there I pulled my front inner fenders out so I could take care of the pinch welds before hitting the trail. It was uneventful other than the fact that the mini sledge my dad bought broke after a couple of hits So we had to run out and exchange it for a new one! Then it was TRAIL TIME!!!

We headed out to a place called Rock Front in the Los Padres National Forest. My dad brought his new 08 JK 4DR Rubicon. Nothing too exciting, just to test thing out.

Unread 01-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

The following evening we headed out to VAFB for a little more fun!

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I just noticed I skipped my HIDs! Originally I installed 35W 6000K in both the lows and fogs. I also made my own relay harness because I was too cheap to buy one Then I swapped the fogs to 3000K. Later I swapped the lows to 5000K and eventually 55W 4300K. Lets just say I now have a stock pile in case I ever decide to change something else.

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #24
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

I was just checking it out and I was like what about Hids?? Nice save lol
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #25
jonjon302
2006 WK 

Nice to see how it all came together.
Unread 01-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #26
Muddy4DSM

We'll just make this the unofficial fan club meeting place...

Can't wait to get to a computer that shows pictures from online storage websites (work blocks all flikr and photobucket type websites - boo!!)
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #27
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

haha - I remember some of these relic pictures, Omelet, lol. I always enjoy seeing the transformation over the years. Looks fantastic.
Unread 01-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi View Post
I was just checking it out and I was like what about Hids?? Nice save lol
Yep! I saw the blueish tinge and then I remembered I did the HIDs right before the lift. I know I won't get most of the little mods in order, but the bigger mods should be easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjon302 View Post
Nice to see how it all came together.
Thanks Bud! Still have a ways to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy4DSM View Post
We'll just make this the unofficial fan club meeting place...

Sounds good to me! This is were I will be hanging out for the next few days

Can't wait to get to a computer that shows pictures from online storage websites (work blocks all flikr and photobucket type websites - boo!!)
I get that at work too. So annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
haha - I remember some of these relic pictures, Omelet, lol. I always enjoy seeing the transformation over the years. Looks fantastic.
Yes AJ! Come reminisce with me

Unread 01-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

The Next set of mods was the long awaited 4xGuard front guard along with the newly released Matrix! Unfortunately I got the newer (3rd GEN) front guard with the shorter sides. It was a little lighter than the Gen 2, but I didn't like the look of it as much. Oh well what are you going to do right! I was really excited about getting the Matrix. I had seen Russ' first 2 designs and when he finally released the production version I had to have it. I wanted to get the hoop as well, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $150 plus shipping on a 2' piece of pipe. I had planned on making one eventually, but then other mods got in the way (literally )

Oh, I also installed some chrome molding in my grill. I thought it looked good at the time

Unread 01-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #30
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

I was just looking at the pics and thought the grill looked different.
Thread is flowing along well. The pics of you and your Dad's JK wheelin around look like a great place to be. Keep it comin.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.