Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 01-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #226
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet
Ok I need some input from you guys! I want to through a little color into this thing. Originally I wanted to do red. Like paint my calipers and other little things. But that seems to be the fall back color a lot. So I am thinking one of these.

Hemi Orange:

Or Monster Green:

I am leaning more towards the orange mainly because I feel the green has kind of been over done lately in the industry (although I still love it). I am just not sure how well it would look with the Jeep being Khaki, Graphite, and Black.

Which ever color I choose I will most likely paint my calipers and suspension components like the coils, control arms, and maybe the rear diff cover. I am sure I will throw it in on little thing around the Jeep as well. I am also planning on painting my radiator!

Like this:

Thought???
That green is one of my favorite colors but you're right: it's totally outplayed right now. It's even worse with winter and ski clothing. Everyone on the mountains seems to be rocking that color or a blue.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #227
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Can you post more info about those turn signal bulbs you used? The light up white as marker lights and amber for the turn signal? What resisters did you need to run with them? Also the headlights you swapped out to, there not the OEM headlights are they ? Either way post a link to them, and are the HID friendly?
terrasmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #228
Muddy4DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
That green is one of my favorite colors but you're right: it's totally outplayed right now. It's even worse with winter and ski clothing. Everyone on the mountains seems to be rocking that color or a blue.
In defense of the green, my fiance keeps joking with me telling me that lime green is the hot color this year. I think she's right (been popular in the snow sports crowd in Colorado for a couple years now), but what about painting parts on the rig that are easily painted and switching colors up from year to year? Keep your purchased parts blue since those are readily available, but calipers, springs, under body parts - switch up the color whenever the mood suits ya and keep things interesting...
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #229
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Nate- Taking the forums by storm!

Just don't put any NOS stickers on that thing!
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #230
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasmak View Post
Can you post more info about those turn signal bulbs you used? The light up white as marker lights and amber for the turn signal?
Correct! The LEDs are duel function, they can be white or amber. So they are white when the lights are on and then blink amber. Except right now, I am only using them as amber signals. I disabled the white function.

Quote:
What resisters did you need to run with them?
I am using a 50W 3ohm resistor on each side.

Quote:
Also the headlights you swapped out to, there not the OEM headlights are they? Either way post a link to them, and are the HID friendly?
I originally used them in my 05-07 OEM halogen housings, but now I am using them in the 08-10 OEM HID projector housings. I am using the HID D1S bulbs in 4300K and the OEM ballasts (basically the OEM set up).

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #231
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Nate- Taking the forums by storm!

Just don't put any NOS stickers on that thing!
Haha! I do what I can And don't worry, no NOS stickers here

Unread 01-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #232
etp

Couple of Questions omelet, how did you mask off your MOABs for painting, and where did you get those ORT stickers?
etp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #233
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ha! I just got off the phone from talking my brother through the painting process! If you can wait a day or two I can get you some pics. I typed up a decent how to description in here some where.

You have to have the stickers made. You can use this and take it into your local sticker depot and have them make them for you.

Unread 01-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #234
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I made this one today! Not sure if I like it. I might get another badge made like the one I am having made for the rear.

Unread 01-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #235
mattydipps
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Ha! I just got off the phone from talking my brother through the painting process! If you can wait a day or two I can get you some pics. I typed up a decent how to description in here some where.

You have to have the stickers made. You can use this and take it into your local sticker depot and have them make them for you.

got the facebook page now we need some ort stickersss lol
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #236
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

The easiest way is to use that pic and get them made locally.

Unread 01-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #237
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

My latest mod!

Unread 01-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #238
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have gone through and fixed all the broken links! Everything should be good now. If you find any more please let me know

Unread 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #239
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

go with blue the buy the billet engine pieces scott is selling on jg!
Unread 01-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #240
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yep! I have decided on blue. I just looked at Scott's post, and those are the ones Rob was selling that I missed out on. Hoping to get them this time around!

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.