Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 146 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #2176
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
And just so everyone knows, NO NOTHING IS FOR SALE!!! I have received so many messages, emails, and texts asking and it's getting a bit annoying.
So what your trying to say is........

ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #2177
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Making a new one off the ARB brackets.

And just so everyone knows, NO NOTHING IS FOR SALE!!! I have received so many messages, emails, and texts asking and it's getting a bit annoying.
Hey Nathan... Will you be selling any of the parts you took off? I'd be willing to take them off your hands for you Haha!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #2178
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

So what does this "freshening up" include?? And hope you can find some 37's soon! I wouldnt want to drop the money on a new set either!
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:54 AM   #2179
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well basically I will be installing new LCAs, Bilstien 5100 struts, RCV shafts, and I might spring and get new unit bearings as well. The rubber bushings in my LCAs are quite worn and I need to replace my ball joints, so new arms should help tighten things up. The 5100s will allow me to compensate for the added weight I'm about to add and my OMEs have about 70k miles on them. I wish I had the money to instal the new Nitro gears at the same time, but those will have to wait.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:38 AM   #2180
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

you're getting a different set of LCA? I thought you already had extended LCAs or am I imagining things? Hope you can find some 37s soon.

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #2181
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Well basically I will be installing new LCAs, Bilstien 5100 struts, RCV shafts, and I might spring and get new unit bearings as well. The rubber bushings in my LCAs are quite worn and I need to replace my ball joints, so new arms should help tighten things up. The 5100s will allow me to compensate for the added weight I'm about to add and my OMEs have about 70k miles on them. I wish I had the money to instal the new Nitro gears at the same time, but those will have to wait.
...and of course, lots of pictures!!!!

I like following other peoples "build threads" to get some great ideas for my own rig. Very inspiring, and innovative. Keep up the great stuff!!!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for the ARB front bumper. I'm currently looking for one too, not very common up here in Canada though...
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #2182
udoxx
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I wish I had the money to install the new Nitro gears at the same time, but those will have to wait.
Man, I am so happy Nitro released gears. I am jumping on that tax return pay day!
udoxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #2183
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
I want a set of RCVs as well....are you getting Mopar LCAs?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #2184
jebo0420
2006 WK 

omelet, did you make that template for your snorkel? and how large a fee, are you charging for said template? After hydro locking my engine, I have decided, your snorkel mod should probably be my next... bumper will have to wait.
jebo0420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #2185
stipo
2010 WK 

I would like to purchase the snorkel template too mate. Cheers
stipo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #2186
strider1076
2007 WK 

I'd be in for that too.
strider1076 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #2187
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have yet to officially make the template, but it wouldn't be too difficult to do. So if the 3 of you are really wanting one then I will make the to get it done. Give me a week or two to get my bumper finished up and I will get on the template. And I was joking about the whole fee thing Just cover the shipping and I'll send it!

Unread 03-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #2188
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
you're getting a different set of LCA? I thought you already had extended LCAs or am I imagining things? Hope you can find some 37s soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
I want a set of RCVs as well....are you getting Mopar LCAs?
I am talking about the FRONT LCAs. I do already have rear Rusty's LCAs installed. I found a great deal on a set of Raybestos arms on Amazon $230 for both shipped. So that's what I have waiting to go in.

Unread 03-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #2189
Lace_up_kcmo
2005 WK 

Wow Omelet. Nice build. Love the look of this beast. You have given me way to many ideas. Now if I can just find the money to pay for all of this stuff. Keep up the nice work.
Lace_up_kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #2190
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well I have had a lot of different projects pulling me in all directions lately, and most not Jeep related, so progress on the Bison has been slow. However, here are a few completed updates so far!

I go the new HD front drive shaft from Carolina Driveline installed and I must say the build quality is excellent. This thing is solid! I don't see myself having any issues with this in the hear future. Since I have an '05 my front shaft has a CV/Rzeppa joint on the t-case end and a u-joint on the diff end. This one has a double cardan (DC) joint at the t-case end and a replaceable u-joint on the diff end. It is made out of the same size pipe (OD) but with a thicker wall. So there wont be any clearance issues with the exhaust or crossmember, but it is much stronger. My flange to flange measurement was 36" just in case anyone wanted to know. Oh, and this one has a 6" slip instead of the factory 1.5-2" so you don't have to remove/loosen the tranny x-member to get it in/out! Here are some pics with the OEM shaft next to the new shaft.

And here it is once installed!!!

I haven't done a whole lot of driving around on it yet, but so far I am very pleased. Not only is it a solid product, but it was a great deal too! I paid $340 and most of the well known companies charge $400-500 for this same shaft. The people at Carolina Driveline are great to work with too! If anyone else is interested in one either like mine with a CV and u-joint or like Jay's with a CV at both ends, they now have the specs and can whip one up for you quick. Bret is the guy there to talk to btw, you just need to know your flange to flange measurement!

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.