Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 142 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #2116
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I use the black grommet the wire harness goes through. I use a metal wire coat hanger. I sharpen one end to poke through easily and make a curl in the other end that I attach the wire to. It makes running wires through the fire wall very easy. The grommet is in a pretty easy spot to get to under the hood and is a little more difficult to get to behind the dash, but it makes for a clean water tight solution.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #2117
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I use a metal wire coat hanger. I sharpen one end to poke through easily and make a curl in the other end that I attach the wire to.
This is exactly what I do. :-)

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #2118
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

The Bison got in the Christmas spirit today!

Unread 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #2119
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Nathan, is your driver's headlight missing your custom gap fill piece? What did you use again to fill the gap?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #2120
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya it came loose a little while back while wheeling so I took it off and haven't put it back on. When I refinished the headlamps a couple weeks back I thought about putting it back on, but I designed I didn't care because the ARB won't be too far behind. I used plexiglass to make them.

On another note, I added to the Bison's decorations today! I got a solar powered LED string from Lowes and put it on my rack. They aren't super bright which is good because I didn't want them to be distracting.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #2121
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So I bought a Sprint Booster from Chris (ca07wk) this weekend. It's just the standard single setting unit (SBJE1022) not the one with settings, but it was cheap and I have always wanted to give these things a try. This is for the fly by wire accelerators to eliminate the throttle lag. The ground wire and FastMan TB definitely made a noticable difference in response and sensitivity, but there was still a slight delay. It's not a big deal for DD but when wheeling it gets very annoying especially when negotiating a technical obstacle.

First impression is I love it! I only went for a quick drive, but it pretty much eliminates the delay completely and makes the throttle much more sensitive and responsive throughout the entire RPM range! I wouldn't spend $200-300 on it, but $70 is well worth it.

Unread 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #2122
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

I'm assume that's just for electronic throttles bodies?
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #2123
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Correct!

Unread 12-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #2124
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Gotta love a Cali Christmas! The weather looks great. I'm watching the snow pile up here as I type.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #2125
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I may just have to order me one of those Sprint Boosters now! I have seen them before but never heard from anyone how well it performs.
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #2126
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Im having a group buy on the adjustable SprintBoosters. PM me if your interested.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #2127
JUST2JEEP

Quote:
Ok, because I LOVE my OME front suspension I wanted to try to use it with the SL. I had a couple options. First I could use the strut assembly as is and add a 2" BB spacer on top of it to achieve about a 25" hub-fender measurement. This would retain the ride quality and weight control I like and give the ride height of the SL system. The bad thing about that route is down travel would suffer since there would only be a 2" spacer on top instead of a 4" SL spacer. Since down travel is one of the big reasons of getting the SL, that option was not looking ideal to me. Second option was to cut one complete coil off the bottom of the coils so they wouldn't ride so high. Then put the assembly back together without installing the preload plate included in the SL kit, and bolt the 4" SL spacer on the top. This should retain the ride quality and weight control as before (in fact it should be a little stiffer) and give the desired ride height. It will probably ride a little higher that the normal SL but, it should be a good combination of travel and weight control. SO I decided to give the second option a try! I acquired a set of Hemi XK coils just in case it doesn't work out

I disassembled the strut and removed the HD coils. I used a paint pen and marked where I planned to cut.

Then I took my angle grinder with a cut off wheel and clipped one coil off.

I put the strut assembly back together leaving out the SL preload plate. Then bolted the SL spacer to the top. Once installed it looked like this.

Here is a comparison between the OEM aluminum spindle (left) and the SL steel spindle (right). The thing weighs a TON! I didn't weigh it but once the hud and rotor are bolted on it has to be around 100lbs.

I still have the jack stands under it holding most of the vehicle's weigh, but the tires are on the ground holding some weight to keep anyone from walking off with the front tires How it sits right now.

Right now it looks like I have gained 3" of down travel
I am using the 4" Zone lift and am considering doing something similar to this. The Zone is almost identical to the SL in the front so I am using your idea as a base line only I am considering using the OME MD coils full length and their struts. I am looking for aprox another 1-1/2 of lift over what I have now. I have a hidden 12,000lbs winch similar to yours and the Matrix front bumper from 4X Guard. I'm hoping with the MD lift and the extra weight it might just work out.?.? Any thoughts?
JUST2JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #2128
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

That should work. I haven't tried it so I don't know for sure but in theory it should work. It might be a little higher at first until the coils break in.

Unread 12-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #2129
JUST2JEEP

Well, I think I am going to order everything up and I will keep you posted. Thank you.
JUST2JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #2130
WK_Okie

2005 WK 

I spent all day at work today reading through this thread (unless my boss finds this, then I worked on "work" stuff). I should have worn a bib for all the drool....very impressive build on your WK. I'm already making my birhtday, anniversary, and Christmas wish lists for next year. I've had mine for about 4 years now, and have recently been wanting to make it more off-road capable (ORT-Fun enhanced).
WK_Okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.