Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #196
mrtosh
2005 WK 

That would be pretty sick! I could watch KOH vids for hours on end lol.

'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #197
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I added a couple more stickers!!!

And another wheel shot!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #198
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Sexy. Now you just have to relief machine those into the spokes on the rims........

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #199
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I know! But for now this works and is cheaper

Unread 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #200
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ok I need some input from you guys! I want to through a little color into this thing. Originally I wanted to do red. Like paint my calipers and other little things. But that seems to be the fall back color a lot. So I am thinking one of these.

Hemi Orange:

Or Monster Green:

I am leaning more towards the orange mainly because I feel the green has kind of been over done lately in the industry (although I still love it). I am just not sure how well it would look with the Jeep being Khaki, Graphite, and Black.

Which ever color I choose I will most likely paint my calipers and suspension components like the coils, control arms, and maybe the rear diff cover. I am sure I will throw it in on little thing around the Jeep as well. I am also planning on painting my radiator!

Like this:

Thought???

Unread 01-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #201
mrtosh
2005 WK 

I honestly think the Mopar blue would look best on your color scheme. The Hemi orange and green are too loud IMO.
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #202
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya I was thinking that too since I already have that going under the hood, but blue is not a favorite of mine.

Unread 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #203
Budasac
2005 WK 

I'm gonna just say no. I don't think the orange or the green would look good on the suspension. Maybe the calipers and little touches, but I think both of those colors would be too much on the coils, etc.

My calipers have been red for about 5 years now but I'm thinkin I'm gonna paint them black with silver lettering. Just basic and clean.

Whatever you end up doing I'm sure will look good. Just my opinion. Maybe on a black rig. If you want put that amount of paint underneath I would go with the Mopar Blue. Not my favorite either but I think it compliments the Khaki best.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #204
Muddy4DSM

ORT on the radiator!
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #205
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ok thanks for your input Buda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy4DSM View Post
ORT on the radiator!
That's what I was thinking It sucks that we don't have a big flat radiator right behind the grill. The tranny cooler (I think that is what it belongs to) is right in the middle. I wanted to do the Mopar "M" behind the grill and ORT in the lower grill. Not sure that will work out though.

Unread 01-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #206
GeeEssFore

This was the closest I could get to monster green tab. Its shocker yellow PC with a gunmetal PC base. This was on my 01 RT with SRT swap.

Unread 01-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #207
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

^^^ That is KILLER!!!^^^

Ok a couple new ideas! Use the Mopar blue paint for my accent color and get these:

Then for the radiator I could do ORT with UV paint and install some UV LEDs behind the grill!!! That way I can turn the LEDs on to really set it off when I want

? ? ? ? ?

Unread 01-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #208
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

Go with your gut nate. I don't think you have ever let any of us down lol. Mopar blue would look good with khaki. Your shortly wires are blue right?
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #209
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Ah, such are the dimena's that only a khaki could understand - We have so many color options to work with - Id say go with the Orange, Nathan.
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #210
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMDHemi View Post
Go with your gut nate. I don't think you have ever let any of us down lol. Mopar blue would look good with khaki. Your shortly wires are blue right?
Ya they are blue, along with the Volant logo, the ARB compressor, and the Fox shocks logo. So I think that would be the best. I wanted to go with one of the others because it would be loud and really pop, but I agree that it might be too much. The blue is a little more mellow which is why I didn't really like it as an option. But it is probably the best option for the Khaki. Especially since the wife doesn't think I should introduce a new color to the mix This way I am not technically introducing a NEW color since I already have it Which gives me free reign to throw a little more color around.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.