Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 137 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #2041
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeatmywk View Post
Have you ever tried an alignment on your own? And is there a thread for putting om a BB?
I used to do my own alignments on my XJ (solid axles) but not on the WK. If the IFS isn't perfect it can cause ESP issues and fast tire wear.

Quote:
Do you still have your mbrp exhaust?
Nope, threw it away a while back.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:12 AM   #2042
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

Dang I was going to to see if I could get it I was gojng to mod the end to fit the 3.7
ibeatmywk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #2043
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

Do you have any of your old parts?
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #2044
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have sold most of the usable stuff and thrown the rest away. There are still some things I'm holding onto for now.

Unread 09-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #2045
tibo4wd
2008 WK 

Wow, just finished read your thread in two sittings! (last night till 2 am and today all-day long! Incredible work man! I'm also military so I can relate to being deployed and waiting to come home to work on the project! I just bought an 08 wk crd and it will be ready for delivery around friday! Can't wait to start working on it! I won't be modding it for offroad prowess too much since I have an offroad rig already (1978 ramcharger 440ci on 39.5''x18'' boggers...) but I'll be using it as my DD/tow-rig. YOU sir are an inspiration to anybody who claims to have a passion for truck/car modding! Thanks for sharing, have a safe deployment and keep up the SENSATIONAL work!
tibo4wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #2046
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! I recently got back home and the projects are really piling up. Here's just a few of the things to come:

Let the saga continue!!!

Unread 11-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #2047
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

I wish I could find the deals and hook ups you grt man. I cant find anything in wa. My builds taking forever.
Unread 11-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #2048
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of box is the battery and compressor in? Any pics?
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #2049
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well before tackling anything new there are a few unfinished projects that need to be finished. First of all my snorkel plumbing! Outside of the kit there were a couple key parts I needed to make it work. The tube that runs inside the fender has a 3" inner diameter and about a 3 1/8" outer diameter on the air box side.

I needed to find a pipe that had similar dimensions to use on the air box. I ran down the Lowes and grabbed one that had a 3" inner and about a 3 3/8" outer measurement.

Now the 45° coupler I found had a little bit of play to it but not enough to get around the larger pipe. So I needed to whip out the grinder/sander and shave a little off the outside.

Once I had that worked out I needed to make a little more room between the fender well and engine compartment to get the tube high enough into the fender to clear the plastic fender liner. Also it would help line up the tube and air box.

After a quick guesstimation of where I would need the air box tube to be I marked the box and grabbed the 3.5" hole saw!

Now that I had a large hole in the box I cut 3" off the pipe and popped it in to see how it'd work. I liked it so I used some epoxy and made it permanent.

While that was drying I cut out some plexiglass to match the front opening and epoxied it on.

Unread 11-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #2050
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Once they were dry I popped the box into the Jeep to check out the gap I was going to ve dealing with. For a little more room I cut about an inch off the fender well tube.

I cut a couple inches from each side of the coupler until I found the exact shape and length I needed to mate the two tubes.

And there we have it! Coupler installed and tightened down!

Last thing to do was tighten down the 3 bolts holding in the main snorkel body. The bottom two were easy enough, but the top bolt had me scratching my head for a minute until I realized I could get to it from the back side with the door open.

Oh yes, I also needed to put a small screw into the joint between the snorkel and inner tube to keep it from separating. Not that it had any room to back out inside there!

I will have to post a pic or two tomorrow of the plug I plan to use inside the hole at the bottom of the air box. There is a 3" hole down there that I plan to keep open while DD and then throw a plug into when I go wheeling or feel I need it. That way I know I will have plenty of air flow while tearing up the pavement at WOT

I still need to mod the plastic inner fender in order for it to fit, but that should be done within the next couple of days. It will be an easy mod, there is just a hump in the linner that I need to flatten out.

I did consider using a totally different air box with an integrated filter similar to these ( http://www.ota-project.com/) but I didn't want to spend more money on this project right now and I figure anyone else wanting to tackle this snorkel would probably be using the factory box which is similar to the Volant box, so this would help simplify the instal. I might decide to swap boxes at a later time.

*UPDATE*

I got a 3" test cap today to use in the bottom hole of the filter box. It fits perfectly snug and should work great for sealing off the box from everything but the snorkel when I need it to. During normal driving I plan to leave the plug out so the Hemi has plenty of breathing room, then instal the plug when I go wheeling or need it.

Unread 11-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #2051
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
I wish I could find the deals and hook ups you grt man. I cant find anything in wa. My builds taking forever.
Just keep looking and slowly plugging away! I have been building this Jeep for about 4 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142 View Post
What kind of box is the battery and compressor in? Any pics?
I'm actually not sure, it was just one I found. I will attach a pic or two tomorrow for you.

Ok so it is a Cambro box:

Unread 11-03-2013, 05:06 AM   #2052
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Thanks a lot bud! I recently got back home and the projects are really piling up. Here's just a few of the things to come: Let the saga continue!!!
Are those better LCA's? Or are they just OEM replacements?
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #2053
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Thanks a lot bud! I recently got back home and the projects are really piling up. Here's just a few of the things to come: Let the saga continue!!!
the legend has returned! Welcome back!
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #2054
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick View Post
Are those better LCA's? Or are they just OEM replacements?
They are just standard arms. I need new lower ball joints and the rubber bushing are looking pretty bad too, so I figured I'd just replace the whole arm. They will be going in with the 5100s and RCV shafts once I get them. I'll also be taking a close look at my unit bearings too and replacing them if need be. Basically I'm giving the front end a good refresh and upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
the legend has returned! Welcome back!
Thanks bud! Glad to be home!

Unread 11-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #2055
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I picked up the 37" KM2s on friday! These are going to be very exciting!!!

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.