Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 136 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 08-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #2026
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone451 View Post

http://formverk.vortex.is/brettakantar/jeep/

These guys are making them...
Awesome!

ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #2027
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Awesome!
Those are indeed awesome! I think you need to be a US based distributor for them...
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #2028
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Those are indeed awesome! I think you need to be a US based distributor for them...
Ill never turn down an opportunity
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #2029
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Thank you! I just reached century on your build thread, watching the progress is just awesome!

The pinch weld is obvious but I worry about the rear fender since the tire extends so much outside the lip of the fender. Cutting into the door can be a bit problematic. Where was your rubbing (the top at the front?)? If I go for the SL i'll be tempted to move the rear axle back .5-1" or so...

Do you know of any who has tried the long soft bumpstops used in lifting LC120s and 150s?

I'm currently looking for 10" wheels with 4-5" backspace.

I won't be adding much armour, just light ones for cosmetics at front and rear since my wheeling is not so much in rock and steep climbs as you guys do (more trails and rivers). But I'm getting fender flares and sidesteps to reduce gravel damage.

oh btw, I think your rig on 37s will make it historic!
It really depends on your wheel choice and backspacing. With the right setup the tires will tuck nicely into the fender. The bumpstop extensions SL includes in the kit are quite long (4") and even with mine chopped down to 3" my 35s don't rub the fender at full stuff.

If you are referring to air/hydraulic bumpstops I haven't seen anyone use them on a WK yet. I have thought about installing a set to make fine tuning easier. The rear would be easy to do, but the front would be more difficult. I'll probably give them a shot when I install some coilovers.

Quote:
http://formverk.vortex.is/brettakantar/jeep/

These guys are making them...
Those are pretty sweet! Just what I wanted to see! How much do those cost? Much better than what bushwacker will be making whenever they finally get their heads out of their butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
I'll never turn down an opportunity
So true! Chris is on opportunities like a fat kid on a cupcake!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #2030
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post

So true! Chris is on opportunities like a fat kid on a cupcake!
or Nate on a lightbar......
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #2031
Clone451
2005 WK 

Quote:
If you are referring to air/hydraulic bumpstops I haven't seen anyone use them on a WK yet. I have thought about installing a set to make fine tuning easier. The rear would be easy to do, but the front would be more difficult. I'll probably give them a shot when I install some coilovers.
!
No, those around here who are building LCs use these long soft rubber bumpstops. The gray WK on that websites has them, but they had to be trimmed down a bit, since they are to wide for the springs. But the bump is always soft, it never feels like a hit. I'm going to see if I can find some photos.

Quote:
Those are pretty sweet! Just what I wanted to see! How much do those cost? Much better than what bushwacker will be making whenever they finally get their heads out of their butt!
!
They do look good, I've never really liked what bushwacker does, with the screwholes showing, but that's me. They are expensive though, the off-the-rack price here is about 1300-1400 USD, I think.
Clone451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #2032
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

Omelet did you do your alignment yourself or have a shop do it? Im putting my 2" BB on, on my next paycheck too. I cant wait.
ibeatmywk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #2033
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

When I installed the SL I used a tape measure to get it close enough to not freak out the ESP so I could drive it over for a professional alignment. Without the IFS properly aligned the tires will wear unevenly, your handling will be a little off, and your suspension won't work as well as it should.

Unread 08-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #2034
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

Super lift? Im only doing the 2" spacer lift from daystar and getting 31x10.5 wranglers from wally world for under a grand total.
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #2035
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Ya hes got a modified super lift. Bb lift is good but you'll want to go bigger
Unread 08-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #2036
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

I know. Its all I can afford right now and I need new tires and dont want to dish 950+ for radials when I can get the 31s for cheaper. Is there a diy video or a thread for the BB install?
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #2037
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

What size lift did you get the fit the rubi wheels? I found some for 375 so I might get those if I can figure out if they'll work with the BB and if ill need spacers
Unread 09-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #2038
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

The lift height doesn't matter when you are talking about wheel fitment. The Moabs will fit with any or no lift, you just need at least a .25" wheel spacer up front in order for the brakes to clear the wheel. I run 1" spacers with mine, but most guys will use 1.25" or 1.5" if you like the tires sticking out that far.

Also it doesn't matter what lift you are installing, get an alignment after.

HEY, look at that 5000 posts!

Unread 09-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #2039
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

Have you ever tried an alignment on your own? And is there a thread for putting om a BB?
Unread 09-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #2040
ibeatmywk
2006 WK 

Do you still have your mbrp exhaust?

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.