Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 133 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #1981
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya they are pricey little guys, but they are worth it. I didn't know snevey's offroad sold them, I will have to send them an email and see what they can do. They mentioned an amber option in the works. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my ARB. I want to flush mount a 30" into the front right above the fairlead and I really like the idea of a pair of 5.5" or 6.5" on the sides for DRLs, but that might bet a little crazy looking with too much going on. I have thought about filling in the fog light holes and using just the 6.5" LEDs as DRLs and fogs, but if I flush mounted them they wouldn't exactly be shooting straight ahead.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #1982
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Ya they are pricey little guys, but they are worth it. I didn't know snevey's offroad sold them, I will have to send them an email and see what they can do. They mentioned an amber option in the works. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my ARB. I want to flush mount a 30" into the front right above the fairlead and I really like the idea of a pair of 5.5" or 6.5" on the sides for DRLs, but that might bet a little crazy looking with too much going on. I have thought about filling in the fog light holes and using just the 6.5" LEDs as DRLs and fogs, but if I flush mounted them they wouldn't exactly be shooting straight ahead.
You have so much light pointing straight ahead, wouldn't it be nice to have some more light off to the sides?

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #1983
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
its his scorpion comp series (link to his single row ones)
http://sneveysoffroad.com/product-ca...ed-light-bars/

i bought his razor dr20, which i am going to test tonight or tomorrow night

i was thinking of putting some 18W they are 6" or 6.5" the arb slots are 5.5" by 1.5" so i may just have to extend the ends but the height would be fine. i would have to weld on a piece of angle for the light to sit on.
http://sneveysoffroad.com/shop/highl...driving-light/
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #1984
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya I saw those on his site, they are the same thing as the 20" I have on the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
You have so much light pointing straight ahead, wouldn't it be nice to have some more light off to the sides?
True but if I will be using them as fogs then i don't want them throwing all of their usable light to the side. It wouldn't look as good but I could mounts them in the same spot but fab something around them like the fog lights have. That way they would piont straight ahead. It would just be more work. Plus the 42" on the roof and the 20" on the bumper are combo beams so they throw enough light to the sides.

Unread 07-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #1985
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

instead of having those as white lights down there why not make them amber trail lights or do you have enough of those with those duallys and the ones in the factory headlights?
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #1986
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I think i have enough between the D2s in the grill and the SRM2sthat will be in the headlamps. It would be cool if you could get the 5.5" and 6.5" in a dual color. Like have the DRL setting be white and then when you turn on full power they change to amber for fogs. That would be perfect!

Unread 07-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #1987
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
I think i have enough between the D2s in the grill and the SRM2sthat will be in the headlamps. It would be cool if you could get the 5.5" and 6.5" in a dual color. Like have the DRL setting be white and then when you turn on full power they change to amber for fogs. That would be perfect!
Steve (snevey's offroad) said that he was working with the manufacture to get something like that going. you would probably have to give him a call to get all the details on the progress.
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #1988
ChanWK
2005 WK 

Hey Omelet just a quick question about your volant cold air intake. You mentioned you got the 1/2 inch hose to modify it to fit the 5.7L Hemi, where could I get one of these hoses? Couldn't seem to find one at my local Autozone
ChanWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #1989
kllshadow
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanWK View Post
Hey Omelet just a quick question about your volant cold air intake. You mentioned you got the 1/2 inch hose to modify it to fit the 5.7L Hemi, where could I get one of these hoses? Couldn't seem to find one at my local Autozone
Did you try asking at the counter? My autozone sells hose per foot but you have to get it from the counter.
06 WK Limited--5.7 Hemi--QDI--Ebay Catch can--RC 2" lift--265/70/17 Cooper STT--Expanded Sheet Grill--Magnaflow muffler--Volant CAI--1.5" Spidertrax--Monroe LLs--4x Guard Front Skid--Superchips Tuned--
kllshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #1990
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yes what he said! You can buy it by the foot, but it's usually something you have to ask for (depending on the specific store).

Unread 08-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #1991
dieseljeep07

2007 WK 

Omelet, Awesome job on your WK. It's really inspired me to start getting into it more and do my own upgrades and personal modifications. Great Job!!
dieseljeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #1992
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! I love tinkering on my Jeep and trying new things. Inspiring others is my main goal of this thread.

Unread 08-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #1993
tfreezy
2006 WK 

Awesome build, Nate. I've been crawling the forums for the last few months preparing to start my first real build. Unfortunately, just before my OME HD kit came in a tree uprooted onto my jeep during a storm (Oklahoma for the win) and now I'm waiting to get it back from the body shop. This thread was a good one to take my mind off the wait!
tfreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #1994
giulio17

Hey omelet, are u going to sell your matrix bumper?
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #1995
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfreezy View Post
Awesome build, Nate. I've been crawling the forums for the last few months preparing to start my first real build. Unfortunately, just before my OME HD kit came in a tree uprooted onto my jeep during a storm (Oklahoma for the win) and now I'm waiting to get it back from the body shop. This thread was a good one to take my mind off the wait!
Dude that sucks! What kind of damage did it do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio17 View Post
Hey omelet, are u going to sell your matrix bumper?
Yes the Matrix will be sold, but to my brother

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.