Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 131 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #1951
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Hey Omelet,
Where did you get your snorkel from?

Cheers, Craig

Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #1952
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I bought it from Kolak, but it's not made for the WK. I have the instal info and pics back a few pages. You can find the link in the first post.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #1953
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I bought it from Kolak, but it's not made for the WK. I have the instal info and pics back a few pages. You can find the link in the first post.
Thanks mate. Will have a search.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #1954
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yerp that's all I wanted lol
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #1955
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So I never posted the pics from my last trip I did with my dad right before leaving! We had been trying to hook up and hit Pancake Rock for a while, but it never worked out until now (a couple months ago ) I don't have very many pics, but there are some good ones.

Airing down at the base

Getting up the rock

At the top

Then we were in a hury to get back to the house which caused a little delay. I took a bad line and came VERY close to kissing a rock with my door! You can't really tell from the pic but the Jeep was sliding to the side into the rock with each inch I moved. By the time I realized the situation I was in it was too late, there was no manuevering out of it. So my dad used his winch and pulled me back and away from the rock. It was a close call, but I JUST made it out without any damage.

All and all it was a good time, just too bad we had to be rushed. It's hard to enjoy a scenic trail like that when on a time crunch.

Unread 07-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #1956
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Wow cool pics. What a close call! Like..really close
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #1957
wanabxtrm

-contemplating a gobi rack (have one on my JK) and was curious if you noted an MPG drop hwy (JK was a good hit) and wind noise increase. Not willing to take a big fuel/noise hit as its my wife's DD.

Also did you look into the ladder?

Can you post some pics a little closer up from the side/top THANKS
wanabxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #1958
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a great trip! Would have gotten ugly if your dad hadn't saved your bacon....uhhh your bison, I mean
'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #1959
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

I'm soooo jealous... I can't wait to get my jeep back next to yours! U know we should just figure out a way that they can see each other more often oooooooh military!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #1960
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Thats what you get for driving the soccer rig out of its mallcrawlin territory. :P might have set up some shopping carts for you practice your turning.

Did you guys hit the rock garden too? Or too much of a time crunch?
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #1961
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Wow cool pics. What a close call! Like..really close
Oh ya, it was a pucker moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabxtrm View Post
-contemplating a gobi rack (have one on my JK) and was curious if you noted an MPG drop hwy (JK was a good hit) and wind noise increase. Not willing to take a big fuel/noise hit as its my wife's DD.

Also did you look into the ladder?

Can you post some pics a little closer up from the side/top THANKS
I love this rack! It did ad some wind noise over the stock rack, but nothing too annoying. It was definitely more noticeable when I had the 4 Hella FF75s up there. If you look at my first post in this thread you will see a list of my mods which are hyper-links. Check out when I added the rack and then the 42" Tough Light, there are lots of pics there. If you need anything further let me know.

I thought about getting the ladder and even had someone offer me one for cheap, but I don't like them. The roof is easy enough to get up on without one and having a labber bolted to the rear hatch means you can never again use the rear glass which I do all the time. Not to mention it just looks goofy on the WK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9SAR View Post
Looks like a great trip! Would have gotten ugly if your dad hadn't saved your bacon....uhhh your bison, I mean
Ya it could have been bad. I keep meaning to pick up a couple of large plastic cutting boards for times just like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
I'm soooo jealous... I can't wait to get my jeep back next to yours! U know we should just figure out a way that they can see each other more often oooooooh military!
I know! One of these days we will actually live close again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ View Post
Thats what you get for driving the soccer rig out of its mallcrawlin territory. :P might have set up some shopping carts for you practice your turning.

Did you guys hit the rock garden too? Or too much of a time crunch?
Oh ya look who's talking Mr. ZJ! No we didn't get back to the garden, time was too short. The plan is to get back there next time. I actually haven't been back there since my first trip up Pancake a couple years ago.

Unread 07-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #1962
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Hey, mine has 2 soild axles..... well when you come back we'll head back there.

Speaking of 2 axles, have you looked into doing a SAS on this? I think there is a guy who swapped a d30 in.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 03:24 AM   #1963
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have thought about it but I don't think it's for me. All I ever played with before this was solid axles. Having IFS on a Jeep is different. Yes it is a little less capable then a solid axle Jeep, but the challeng is what makes it fun. Anyone can over build a Wrangler or Cherokee until even the hardest trails are easy! And at that piont all you have it a beat up rock buggy. With this Jeep I would prefer to keep some type of IFS. That way I can stick to the more moderate or slightly difficult trails and still have them be fun and challenging without building a monster Jeep that is all beat up and is not road friendly. This is still our family vehicle and my wife's DD, so until I can afford a new 2014 Grand diesel this one has to stay road friendly. Now having said that, at this piont I don't see myself ever doing a SAS on this Jeep. Not because I don't want greater ability down the road, but because I am having fun with the IFS. So even though I don't see myself doing a SAS doesn''t mean I'm not planning big There is a guy here who did a TTB on his WJ (I don't remember his name) and I thought it came out great. So I am leaning more towards a TTB than a SAS! Not in the immediate future though.

Unread 07-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #1964
BAH101
2008 WK 

Ttb?
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #1965
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Twin Traction Beam I will have to post a link to the guy's build.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.