Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 131 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #1951
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Hey Omelet,
Where did you get your snorkel from?

Cheers, Craig

Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #1952
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I bought it from Kolak, but it's not made for the WK. I have the instal info and pics back a few pages. You can find the link in the first post.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #1953
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I bought it from Kolak, but it's not made for the WK. I have the instal info and pics back a few pages. You can find the link in the first post.
Thanks mate. Will have a search.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #1954
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yerp that's all I wanted lol
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #1955
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So I never posted the pics from my last trip I did with my dad right before leaving! We had been trying to hook up and hit Pancake Rock for a while, but it never worked out until now (a couple months ago ) I don't have very many pics, but there are some good ones.

Airing down at the base

Getting up the rock

At the top

Then we were in a hury to get back to the house which caused a little delay. I took a bad line and came VERY close to kissing a rock with my door! You can't really tell from the pic but the Jeep was sliding to the side into the rock with each inch I moved. By the time I realized the situation I was in it was too late, there was no manuevering out of it. So my dad used his winch and pulled me back and away from the rock. It was a close call, but I JUST made it out without any damage.

All and all it was a good time, just too bad we had to be rushed. It's hard to enjoy a scenic trail like that when on a time crunch.

Unread 07-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #1956
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Wow cool pics. What a close call! Like..really close
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #1957
wanabxtrm

-contemplating a gobi rack (have one on my JK) and was curious if you noted an MPG drop hwy (JK was a good hit) and wind noise increase. Not willing to take a big fuel/noise hit as its my wife's DD.

Also did you look into the ladder?

Can you post some pics a little closer up from the side/top THANKS
wanabxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #1958
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a great trip! Would have gotten ugly if your dad hadn't saved your bacon....uhhh your bison, I mean
'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #1959
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

I'm soooo jealous... I can't wait to get my jeep back next to yours! U know we should just figure out a way that they can see each other more often oooooooh military!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #1960
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Thats what you get for driving the soccer rig out of its mallcrawlin territory. :P might have set up some shopping carts for you practice your turning.

Did you guys hit the rock garden too? Or too much of a time crunch?
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #1961
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Wow cool pics. What a close call! Like..really close
Oh ya, it was a pucker moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabxtrm View Post
-contemplating a gobi rack (have one on my JK) and was curious if you noted an MPG drop hwy (JK was a good hit) and wind noise increase. Not willing to take a big fuel/noise hit as its my wife's DD.

Also did you look into the ladder?

Can you post some pics a little closer up from the side/top THANKS
I love this rack! It did ad some wind noise over the stock rack, but nothing too annoying. It was definitely more noticeable when I had the 4 Hella FF75s up there. If you look at my first post in this thread you will see a list of my mods which are hyper-links. Check out when I added the rack and then the 42" Tough Light, there are lots of pics there. If you need anything further let me know.

I thought about getting the ladder and even had someone offer me one for cheap, but I don't like them. The roof is easy enough to get up on without one and having a labber bolted to the rear hatch means you can never again use the rear glass which I do all the time. Not to mention it just looks goofy on the WK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9SAR View Post
Looks like a great trip! Would have gotten ugly if your dad hadn't saved your bacon....uhhh your bison, I mean
Ya it could have been bad. I keep meaning to pick up a couple of large plastic cutting boards for times just like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
I'm soooo jealous... I can't wait to get my jeep back next to yours! U know we should just figure out a way that they can see each other more often oooooooh military!
I know! One of these days we will actually live close again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0ungGunZJ View Post
Thats what you get for driving the soccer rig out of its mallcrawlin territory. :P might have set up some shopping carts for you practice your turning.

Did you guys hit the rock garden too? Or too much of a time crunch?
Oh ya look who's talking Mr. ZJ! No we didn't get back to the garden, time was too short. The plan is to get back there next time. I actually haven't been back there since my first trip up Pancake a couple years ago.

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #1962
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Hey, mine has 2 soild axles..... well when you come back we'll head back there.

Speaking of 2 axles, have you looked into doing a SAS on this? I think there is a guy who swapped a d30 in.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #1963
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have thought about it but I don't think it's for me. All I ever played with before this was solid axles. Having IFS on a Jeep is different. Yes it is a little less capable then a solid axle Jeep, but the challeng is what makes it fun. Anyone can over build a Wrangler or Cherokee until even the hardest trails are easy! And at that piont all you have it a beat up rock buggy. With this Jeep I would prefer to keep some type of IFS. That way I can stick to the more moderate or slightly difficult trails and still have them be fun and challenging without building a monster Jeep that is all beat up and is not road friendly. This is still our family vehicle and my wife's DD, so until I can afford a new 2014 Grand diesel this one has to stay road friendly. Now having said that, at this piont I don't see myself ever doing a SAS on this Jeep. Not because I don't want greater ability down the road, but because I am having fun with the IFS. So even though I don't see myself doing a SAS doesn''t mean I'm not planning big There is a guy here who did a TTB on his WJ (I don't remember his name) and I thought it came out great. So I am leaning more towards a TTB than a SAS! Not in the immediate future though.

Unread 07-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #1964
BAH101
2008 WK 

Ttb?
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #1965
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Twin Traction Beam I will have to post a link to the guy's build.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.