Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 128 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #1906
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
So I purchased a used ARB bar today from a shop in CO for $300!!! I have been looking around for a used one and planned to continue looking until I returned home. At which point if I hadn't found one I was going to consider purchasing a new one. Let’s just say I am REALLY excited about this one, because it was going to be extremely difficult to convince myself to purchase a $1400 bumper just to start hacking it up! I won’t have anything set in stone until I get my hands on it and start working, but here's the basic plan:

-Remove my current winch cradle
-Make a new cradle using the ARB mounting bracket
-Remove all the unnecessary junk from the bar to save as much weight as possible
-Shorten the bar as much as possible
-Reuse my hawse fairlead, winch, and synthetic line

A couple additional things I might do:

-Remove and fill the holes for the fogs and markers
-Mount a set of 6" single row lights in place of the fogs
-Flush mount the 20" Rigid into the front of the bar

In the mean time I just need to get it home! I am asking a few friends and family who might be driving between CO and SoCal between now and Dec so that I don't have to pay for shipping, but if nothing else I will pay to have it shipped and it will still be a great deal. So if anyone is planning a trip and can lug this back for me, shoot me a PM and we can work something out!
"Used" you say?

Thing looks new to me. Great find!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #1907
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15 View Post
If you are willing to sell your winch cradle, I got fist dibs!! This should be really cool as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
2nd dibs

Really excited to see the ARB transformation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
Can't wait to see the finished product! Take lots of pictures, if it turns out great, I might do the same!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426 View Post
There seems to be a lot of them out your way was this the one that was posted on the group
Well the bar is in CO and I live in CA, so I am not sure that qualifies as out my way I haven't seen a single one out in Cali which is why I jumped on this one when it was posted, well that and the incredible price. There were two bars that were posted, this one was $300 and there was a $500 one as well. The other one looked to be painted khaki already which would have been nice but since I plan to do a bit of work to it, it will need to be painted again. A lot of things I plan to do will be similar to what Rob (USN_BlackWK) did to his. As of right now I think I can use the mounting bracket as part of a new winch cradle and then sell my current cradle, but I won't know that for sure until I start working on it.

Now since I have been bombarded with PMs here and messages on FB, let me just say this. Most likely I will be selling my winch cradle and Matrix sometime early next year, however I always give my brother first dibs Then if he doesn’t want them I will try to find someone locally so I don't have to mess with shipping. If no one local wants them then I will consider shipping them off to whoever wants to cover the shipping cost.

Oh and Ryann04, you might have noticed by now that a LOT of pics is what I do best

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #1908
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
"Used" you say?

Thing looks new to me. Great find!
Haha, yes "used"! It was taken off of a leased WK when the lease was up. I'm not sure of the back story, but a 4x4 shop removed it and doesn't want it just sitting around. So it was priced to move

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #1909
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Most likely I will be selling my winch cradle and Matrix sometime early next year, however I always give my brother first dibs Then if he doesn’t want them I will try to find someone locally so I don't have to mess with shipping.

HAHA finally living in overpriced San Diego pays off!
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #1910
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Any clue if the khaki one is still for sale?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #1911
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
HAHA finally living in overpriced San Diego pays off!
We shall see my friend. If anything we could build one for you I even have some .25" aluminum we could try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Any clue if the khaki one is still for sale?
Look like it:

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3841330873.html

Unread 06-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #1912
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Well... I will most likely be taking u up on the cradle and matrix (sorry fellas)! Looks like I will need to do a little more saving, installing the new lift might have to be pushed back a bit
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #1913
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well sounds like you need to make at trip down sometime early next year so we can get them installed!

Unread 06-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #1914
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Well sounds like you need to make at trip down sometime early next year so we can get them installed!
I was thinking the same thing... Oh hey... Are you going to be hanging on to your Nittos or have u already sold them?
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #1915
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Not yet, but they will be for sale once they are swapped out for some A/Ts. Probably around the same time you come down

Unread 06-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #1916
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Its kind of funny flipping from page 1 to the last page, such a transformation. Excited to see your bumper!
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #1917
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

And are you still looking at the wild peaks?
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #1918
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Gypsum is about 1 hour from me :-)

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #1919
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
Its kind of funny flipping from page 1 to the last page, such a transformation. Excited to see your bumper!

And are you still looking at the wild peaks?
I know, I should keep an updated pic in the first post after the lost of mods.

Not so much anymore. They would be an awesome tire if I was planning to have only one set for both on and off road. But since I have the KRs for off road, I want a quiet light weight tire for driving around on every day. The WildPeak is a great tire, but it's just too heavy for what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Gypsum is about 1 hour from me :-)
Well if you want one for your WK it's a great deal!

Unread 06-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #1920
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I did email him, waiting for a response. Thanks for posting it!

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.