Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 127 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #1891
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

No I was playing with a spare lamp I had (I have 3 '08+ projector lamps).

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #1892
2005JeepHemi
2005 WK 

So i love the look of your Jeep and when I saw you had a build thread I told myself I was going to read it all and get some ideas.. Then I noticed you have 127 pages of posts and after about 4 straight hours of gauking and reading I wasnt even halfway done so I gave up lol.. You have been a busy busy man.
2005JeepHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #1893
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! I know it has started to get a little long. After a while I added the hyper links in the beginning to make finding things easier. I think I use them more than others

Unread 05-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #1894
_R700_
2001 WJ 

Great thread amd great Jeep Omelet! I have over the last month in my spare time gone through your thread and I am so impressed with all of your ingenious amd innovative mods! By far the best WK I've ever seen. I plan down the track on getting myself a XK, and will be drawing from your thread for sure . Also can't wait for part 2 of your snorkel install (under bonnet routing). Stay safe.
_R700_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #1895
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks man! There are some differences between the WK and XK, but you should still be able to poll enough from this build to keep you busy for some time. Finishing up the snorkel will be pretty easy once I have all the parts I need and take the time to do it. You wont have to worry about making your own for a XK though sinse there is already a nice one made for them.

Unread 05-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #1896
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Hey Nathan did you happen to get any shots of the flex after your install of the custom Rustys rear UCA's?
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #1897
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yes, the last Pancake trip I did with my dad I had them in. I'm not sure how many pics I actually posted of that trip. I need to see what I have uploaded to Photobucket and if need be upload more the next time I am close to Wifi. We were in a hurry so I didn't have time to take my usual plethora of pics

Unread 05-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #1898
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Yes, the last Pancake trip I did with my dad I had them in. I'm not sure how many pics I actually posted of that trip. I need to see what I have uploaded to Photobucket and if need be upload more the next time I am close to Wifi. We were in a hurry so I didn't have time to take my usual plethora of pics
Haha no worries just wondering how they turned out for ya man
Unread 06-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #1899
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I'll get some up here soon. I have some good ones to share, but they aren't uploaded yet.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #1900
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
I'll get some up here soon. I have some good ones to share, but they aren't uploaded yet.
No rush man, appreciate it
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #1901
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So I purchased a used ARB bar today from a shop in CO for $300!!! I have been looking around for a used one and planned to continue looking until I returned home. At which point if I hadn't found one I was going to consider purchasing a new one. Letís just say I am REALLY excited about this one, because it was going to be extremely difficult to convince myself to purchase a $1400 bumper just to start hacking it up! I wonít have anything set in stone until I get my hands on it and start working, but here's the basic plan:

-Remove my current winch cradle
-Make a new cradle using the ARB mounting bracket
-Remove all the unnecessary junk from the bar to save as much weight as possible
-Shorten the bar as much as possible
-Reuse my hawse fairlead, winch, and synthetic line

A couple additional things I might do:

-Remove and fill the holes for the fogs and markers
-Mount a set of 6" single row lights in place of the fogs
-Flush mount the 20" Rigid into the front of the bar

In the mean time I just need to get it home! I am asking a few friends and family who might be driving between CO and SoCal between now and Dec so that I don't have to pay for shipping, but if nothing else I will pay to have it shipped and it will still be a great deal. So if anyone is planning a trip and can lug this back for me, shoot me a PM and we can work something out!

Unread 06-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #1902
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

If you are willing to sell your winch cradle, I got fist dibs!! This should be really cool as always.
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #1903
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

2nd dibs

Really excited to see the ARB transformation
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #1904
ramthis426
2005 WK 

There seems to be a lot of them out your way was this the one that was posted on the group

Sent from my jeep while driving trying not to wreck reading these stupid Questions you ask
Unread 06-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #1905
ryann04
2008 WK 

Can't wait to see the finished product! Take lots of pictures, if it turns out great, I might do the same!!!
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.