Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 126 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #1876
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

American prices?

RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #1877
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCracker View Post
Terrific light mod idea!

Will you have to wire them with relays or will the park light circut handle the amps?

Do you think the brightness of these SRM2's will interfere with night vision in the fog?

TC
I'm not sure of the wiring yet. They are LEDs so the factory circuit might be able to handle it. We will see once they go in.
If anything they should help my vision in the fog since that is where amber and yellow lights work the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconkid4x4 View Post
What about painting it black in the housing? Just a thought, may be pretty neat. But this is crazy, right after a mod NOBODY has done, you go and do another one. Haha awesome build man, as always.
I'm not totally sure what you are saying? Are you saying to paint the reflector black since the SRM is already black? If so I don't want to go that route. I would rather paint the SRM chrome and if anything I would do khaki or graphite so they would match the Jeep. Then it would look funny with the low beam painted and the high beam chrome. The only way that would work is to paint the entire thing, but then the highs are useless! I have thought about swapping out the factory projectors with some bi-xenon projectors and also installing a set in the highs, then I would have 4 lows and 4 highs! Since it doesn't look like this project will get finished until I come back, I might start collecting the parts I need to do that at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmc View Post
would be happy to take those 7W Cree reverse lights off your hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Curses, foiled again!

IF sean backs out, I'll take them
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias View Post
Just buy a pair each!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-White-31...item5651de5a10

My dad have these on his '05 WH and well, bright as hell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagGuy View Post
American prices?

They won't be going anywhere for a little while! Your best bet is to do a search for "3157 7W Cree" and see what you can find. The hard part is making sure it has the good projector.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #1878
Budasac
2005 WK 

Nate, did the new lights come with any paperwork. There should be a spec sheet or a sticker on the housing perhaps that lists the draw (amps) to compare to the stock lamps. It would be easy enough to wire in a relay but hopefully you won't need one.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #1879
seanmc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias View Post
Just buy a pair each!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-White-31...item5651de5a10

My dad have these on his '05 WH and well, bright as hell!
Those are only 4 watts each.
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #1880
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Nate, did the new lights come with any paperwork. There should be a spec sheet or a sticker on the housing perhaps that lists the draw (amps) to compare to the stock lamps. It would be easy enough to wire in a relay but hopefully you won't need one.
Oh I know the specs, I just haven't compared it to what the factory circuit can handle. They are listed as 11.25 watts and .82 amp draw.

Unread 05-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1881
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I'm not totally sure what you are saying? Are you saying to paint the reflector black since the SRM is already black? If so I don't want to go that route. I would rather paint the SRM chrome and if anything I would do khaki or graphite so they would match the Jeep. Then it would look funny with the low beam painted and the high beam chrome. The only way that would work is to paint the entire thing, but then the highs are useless! I have thought about swapping out the factory projectors with some bi-xenon projectors and also installing a set in the highs, then I would have 4 lows and 4 highs! Since it doesn't look like this project will get finished until I come back, I might start collecting the parts I need to do that at the same time
Yeah i was talking about just the bottom portion where you have the new lights inside the housings. I forget how I got put on his site but in one of Jay Leno's garage videos he had a dude redoing chrome, forget the process but it was pretty cool.. forgot the process they did and what products though
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #1882
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I see, I think I will just chrome them. I have already ordered some stuff that is supposed to work really good. I want to keep the entire circular part of the headlamp chrome. I mean it's a Jeep, it's supposed to have round headlights!!!

Unread 05-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #1883
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Oh I know the specs, I just haven't compared it to what the factory circuit can handle. They are listed as 11.25 watts and .82 amp draw.
Factory lamps are 28 watts and draw 2.1 amps. So the factory circuit should carry them with no problem. You may actually need the resistors from your switchbacks to eliminate the fast blink.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #1884
hhinton
2005 WK 

Dude your jeep is so bad!
hhinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #1885
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

Omlet;

I know you're busy getting ready to go, but I have a question about your tough-light led bar.

Did you have any trouble getting it? I ordered from their website and have heard zero from them.

Thanks.
TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #1886
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

He deployed Sunday early morn
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #1887
DRCracker
"The Grizz"

2006 WK 

God bless you and your family.
Thanks for serving all of us.

TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #1888
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

X2
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #1889
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Factory lamps are 28 watts and draw 2.1 amps. So the factory circuit should carry them with no problem. You may actually need the resistors from your switchbacks to eliminate the fast blink.
Sweet thanks for the specs! If only I would have received them both in the mail, I could have had the project finished before I left. The good news is that the second one showed up finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhinton View Post
Dude your jeep is so bad!
Thanks a lot bud, I do what I can!

Quote:
Omelet;I know you're busy getting ready to go, but I have a question about your tough-light led bar.

Did you have any trouble getting it? I ordered from their website and have heard zero from them.

Thanks.
TC
No I got it very quickly, but I didn't just buy it off their site. My situation was a little different. Have you tried giving them a call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
He deployed Sunday early morn
Quote:
God bless you and your family.
Thanks for serving all of us.

TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
X2
Thanks a lot guys! I am getting settled in nicely.

Unread 05-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #1890
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

So is the wk sitting headlights less or blinkerless ?

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.