Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 125 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #1861
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

He has it in the build thread, I'm on my phone or I would check

RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #1862
johngreen1234
2010 WK 

Ome, where did the bezel come from? Part of the kit, or dd you fab it yourself?
johngreen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #1863
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
Ome, where did the bezel come from? Part of the kit, or dd you fab it yourself?
He said it was laying around.

Sent from my underground lair.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #1864
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The exhaust mod looks awesome and I agree graphite paint and silver rivets would look great.

Not sure I have the yarbles to cut up my WK yet but this mod is growing on me :-)
'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #1865
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
"Master Key"
Yep, that's my 12lbs sledge! My 16lbs is named Mjölnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
Keep going at this rate and your username is going to have to change to swiss-cheese-omelet.

Nice one!

BTW, what setting have you been running on your shocks? I installed mine last weekend, valved 40/80 and with the CD adjuster set at 1 i felt the compression was a bit soft. Going to up it to the highest setting and then start backing it down from there for the best DD ride.
I have kept it on 1. I like a softer ride around town, it keeps the kids happy and it keeps my stuff in the where it should be. I don't find it to be too soft though. I was even contemplating building a custom shim stack so that it could be really soft, then I could crank it up for off road, but once the shocks broke in it was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlizard72 View Post
Is that a 32" spare up under there still?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagGuy View Post
That's a round air tank fit inside the wheel. I believe a 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
Wait... Nate, will a 33" wheel fit in the spare tire location???
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
A 255 75 will fit deflated
Quote:
I don't think he has a full spare when wheeling yes but otherwise he would have to limp around
It is a new Rubi wheel and tire (255/75R17) with an air tank inside of it. Around town I am still running a set of 295s, so the spare is only a little smaller. This way if need be I can limp to the nearest service station if a tire blows out beyond repair. That is the largest tire that will fit up in there deflated. When I replace the Nittos with a set of 35" A/T I will be pulling the spare out and building a rear tire carrier where a full size spare will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Nice work with the side exhaust, Nate!

Seen this type of thing on XJs but never on a WK.
Thanks bud!

Quote:
I love the exhaust and the snorkel but there is no way I'm putting 3 inch holes in the body of the jeep. ( well maybe )
Oh come on you know you want to! And they are 3.5" and 4" holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen1234 View Post
Omelet, where did the bezel come from? Part of the kit, or dd you fab it yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
He said it was laying around.
There was no kit for this! The bezel was made out of a scrap piece of aluminum I had around from a previous project. It's easy enough to cut and bend, plus it won't rust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9SAR View Post
The exhaust mod looks awesome and I agree graphite paint and silver rivets would look great.

Not sure I have the yarbles to cut up my WK yet but this mod is growing on me :-)
Ya the more I look at it the more I think it's coming of to be painted soon.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #1866
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
It is a new Rubi wheel and tire (255/75R17) with an air tank inside of it. Around town I am still running a set of 295s, so the spare is only a little smaller. This way if need be I can limp to the nearest service station if a tire blows out beyond repair. That is the largest tire that will fit up in there deflated. When I replace the Nittos with a set of 35" A/T I will be pulling the spare out and building a rear tire carrier where a full size spare will be.
Would you have to limp to the nearest place in low range or just go slow in 4hi? This is for QDII. Awesome work on the exhaust, by the way. Looks really well done.
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #1867
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

QdII he wouldn't be in 4low in town or at least I hope not but the qd system would reconize the tire doffrence and he could drive it to get home or a service station but probly not more the. A few miles. All this hAs been talked about before.
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #1868
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

No I could use 4hi, the system is designed to allow some slip. If I felt paranoid about it then I could inflate the 255 a lot and deflate the 295s a little so then they would be about the same rolling diameter.

Unread 04-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #1869
jjt250
2007 WK 

Thanks, I wasn't sure if you'd have to put it into low range for the QDII system to be able to limp with two different tire sizes. That's a good idea about airing the bigger tires down and putting more in the smaller. I have 245/70s and the stock spare so it's really only a 1/2" difference in radius.
Unread 04-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #1870
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Since I have already let the cat out of the bag on FB and I am not sure I will have time to finish this up before I leave, here is a little sneak peak into one of my new super secret mods...

I placed an order for a set of Rigid lights a while back not knowing they have never actually made any and that it would take so long for them to make a set for me. I received one of them in the mail on Fri so I started getting to it!

I ordered a set of SRM2 Amber Specter Diffused lights in black. These little guys put out just over 1000 lumens with a 60 degree beam and I bought them through Kolak for a killer price!

Now the plan is to use them in my headlamps in place of the forward facing amber running/signal light. Not that anyone around where I live knows what a blinker is or how to use one, but I feel like mine are not bright enough in certain conditions. I like to be visible while driving around, but I don't like to run my headlights all the time. Amber is such an easy color to see in every type of weather or light. I like using my D2s as running lights, but they are not strictly legal on the road to have on. Even though I see guys using them as fog lights all the time, I don't what my wife to get pulled over and have to explain why there are amber lights inside of my grill on! SO the plan is to paint these guys chrome and mount them in the headlamp like so...

Here is the supplied mounting hardware:

I installed the hardware with the mount facing to the rear as far behind the light as possible:

Removing the clear lens from the bottom pocket where the amber light is, you will see the main hole that the bulb comes in through and one just above it:

I ran the wire through the top hole and installing the light up-side-down inserting the mounting bolt through the main rear hole:

Then I grabbed a fender washer I had laying around and used the supplied nut to mount the light firmly in the housing:

That is as far as I have gone so far, but once they are painted chrome they will blend right in. And they fit great!!! I have been researching chrome paint, since all the local stores sell is a silver paint with a chrome flake. That doesn't really cut it as it look ok, but it is NOT chrome and doesn't allow the light to blend in perfectly with the chrome reflector. I am leaning towards Paz Stix Mirror Chrome, but we will see Once this is done I am also planning on buying and painting a white LED set and using them in the taillights to replace the 7W Cree bulbs I have back there

Unread 04-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #1871
DRCracker
Registered Constitutional

2006 WK 

Terrific light mod idea!

Will you have to wire them with relays or will the park light circut handle the amps?

Do you think the brightness of these SRM2's will interfere with night vision in the fog?

TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #1872
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

What about painting it black in the housing? Just a thought, may be pretty neat. But this is crazy, right after a mod NOBODY has done, you go and do another one. Haha awesome build man, as always.
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #1873
seanmc
2008 WK 

would be happy to take those 7W Cree reverse lights off your hands
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #1874
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmc View Post
would be happy to take those 7W Cree reverse lights off your hands
Curses, foiled again!

IF sean backs out, I'll take them
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #1875
mattias

Just buy a pair each!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-White-31...item5651de5a10

My dad have these on his '05 WH and well, bright as hell!
mattias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.