Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 121 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #1801
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Time to make a couple of updates to the build!

For the past few months I have been working with OTRATTW to get some custom switch covers for the Bison. Well last week I finally received 4 of them!!!

I got one for the the 40" on the roof (Roof Light Bar) One for the 20" in the Matrix (Bumper Light Bar) One for the D2s in the grill (Amber Trail Lights) And one for the 20" mounted on the rear of the Gobi (Backup Light Bar)

Once I got the old covers off (which was a snap since they sent me a removal tool for FREE!!!) here is how my switch panel looks now during the day:

And here is a night shot:

I am SO excited to finally have these! The custom covers really complement the Bison's interior and they just look awesome! I had to get on their FB page and thank them with this simple pic

So for all you guys who would like the same type of cover, just shoot them an email or call asking for the WK covers. You can have the text say whatever you'd like

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #1802
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sick switch setup!

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #1803
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

U selling old switch covers ? And how do you have 6 switches I would aware its only 5 in the plate
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #1804
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Next up was the AEV EGR module. I have been running a modified SL now for over a year without the module. I got into the habit of hitting the ESP button upon startup every time. It was a simple thing to do and worked most of the time, however I was still getting ESP activation in some turns especially while breaking. It wasn't the end of the world, but I am trying to get the Bison to be as problem free and reliable as I can before leaving it in the hands of the wife for a while. So I decided to finally spend the money on the module. I placed an order throw Kolak (of course ) and once AEV finally got around to making it, the module showed up at my door.

I intend to activate the one touch flash feature, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. For now I installed the module into the steering wiring, but have yet to use it to reprogram the Jeep for the one touch flash.

Now that I have had it installed for about a week I can say I do enjoy it. Not having to hit the ESP button is nice although I some times still hit it out of habit I have had the ESP still activate while driving around, but it's not as often as before and doesn't seem to be as severe. This should help the wife have a little more piece of mind!

Unread 04-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #1805
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
Sick switch setup!
Thanks bud! They are really something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
U selling old switch covers ? And how do you have 6 switches I would aware its only 5 in the plate
I might sell them. Send me a PM with an offer on the ones you want. The switch panel is a custom one I built using individual pieces. You can find them here:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...7113&id=718226

Unread 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #1806
Budasac
2005 WK 

The switch covers look sweet Nate. Great job as always. I haven't checked in much recently, good to see you haven't run out of things to do to the Bison.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #1807
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Dude! All the credit for these switches goes to OTRATTW! They did all the work, I only gave feedback and ideas to tweak what they made. And I will never run out of things to do on the Bison!!!

Unread 04-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #1808
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Once again another great addition man, great job
Unread 04-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #1809
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Oh yes I also put my JKS #2001 back onto the Jeep! They don't extend quite as far as the SL links, but they will do for now.

For those who don't know about these, the post gets screwed into the sway bar and then you drill out the aluminum piece in the other end large enough to get the factory top bolt through.

Unread 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #1810
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I have been living with a horribly worn and disgusting steering wheel for the past couple of years now. So I finally decided to stop by an upholstery shop that I drive by every day on my way to work and back I chose a recycled leather that was as close to the factory wheel color as possible. I picked it up a day later and paid $95! It wasn't the best upholstery job I had ever seen, but for half the price most other guys were paying I like it.

Since I had already paid for a yard of leather, they also covered the center arm rest and only charged me $45.

The color isn't a perfect match to the factory sand color, but it will do for now. I still plan to get a set of SRT or S-Limited seats and have them reupholstered. I was planning on a saddle brown but I found a cocoa color that I think I like even more.

I figure if I get the seats, steering wheel, center arm rest, and E-brake handle covered in the cocoa leather, then it should all blend nicely with the tan/brown interior!

Unread 04-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #1811
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Time to make a couple of updates to the build!

For the past few months I have been working with OTRATTW to get some custom switch covers for the Bison. Well last week I finally received 4 of them!!!

I got one for the the 40" on the roof (Roof Light Bar) One for the 20" in the Matrix (Bumper Light Bar) One for the D2s in the grill (Amber Trail Lights) And one for the 20" mounted on the rear of the Gobi (Backup Light Bar)

Once I got the old covers off (which was a snap since they sent me a removal tool for FREE!!!) here is how my switch panel looks now during the day:

And here is a night shot:

I am SO excited to finally have these! The custom covers really complement the Bison's interior and they just look awesome! I had to get on their FB page and thank them with this simple pic

So for all you guys who would like the same type of cover, just shoot them an email or call asking for the WK covers. You can have the text say whatever you'd like
Those switch covers look great, I recieved my switches yesterday and having seen the FJ covers had wondered how we could get some made up for our Wks. Thanks for spearheading this, I just sent them an email

'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #1812
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Awesome man! I told them they would be seeing a few orders for these very soon

Unread 04-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #1813
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So last weekend I had quite the ordeal when I was trying to swap over to my off road set of 35s. I went to remove my front passenger tire and one of the lug nuts wouldn't come off. Come to find out the lug was just spinning! So after trying a couple of simple tricks I came to the realization that I was going to have to drill it out. I was not very thrilled about doing this, but you have to do what you have to do. After quite some time and a couple of broken gits I finally got the nut off!!!

It wouldn't have been the end of the world since JK moabs are so cheap, but I was able to save the wheel from sustaining any damage.

I was so excited to have that over with! Luckily I have a couple of spare 1.25" spacers laying around for times like this. So I started loosening the nuts holding the spacer on when one of them didn't want to turn. I even tried heating it since they were installed with loc-tite, but it just wouldn't give. That's when the unfortunate thing happened, the socket spun and the nut rounded I boy was I mad! Now we were in a real pickle. Once getting a socket on it was a lost cause, I tried welding a socket to the nut but that didn't work. Then after debating any remaining options, we decided to get out the grinder and dremel and start removing the metal around the nut. I thought maybe if I had more space to weld that I could make that idea work better.

I guess my welding skills (or lack there of) with my little unit just weren't that great, because that didn't work either. So we decided to keep grinding until we could get some pliers on the nut and muscle it loose.

Then finally after grinding for far too long, we were able to get a pair of visegrips on it and break it loose!

I placed an order with Bora for a new set of 1" spacers, but in the mean time I installed one of the spare 1.25" ones I had. I had recently swapped out the cheaper lug nuts I had been running for a set of Gorilla nuts which could have been the issue, but I can't be sure. Unfortunately the Gorilla nuts are still on the rear, so we will see how that goes when the time comes to switch back to the 295s. I am now looking for a quality set of nuts that won't break the bank so I don't have to keep using my old one. I am just really hoping the rears come off without any issues.

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #1814
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Hey Nathan what's the difference in sizing from a 295 to a 35"?
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #1815
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15 View Post
Hey Nathan what's the difference in sizing from a 295 to a 35"?
295/70r17 is a 33.3 inch tire.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.