Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #166
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Time to get current!

I was not satisfied with the location of my auxiliary switches so I decided to do something about it. You can find the build thread HERE.

Before:

After:

I Ended up not enjoying the brightness of the LEDs in the switches so I got some Night Shade and hit the back side of the switches with a couple of coats.

I taped up the bottom window so it would be good and bright for when the switch is engaged. I also taped the face of the switches in case of over spray.

Before:

After:

Now they don't disrupt my kids in the back seat at night while trying to sleep

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #167
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Next up was to bedline my rockers in preparation for my new rails! I masked off the the rockers and gave them a quick sand.

Then I hit them up with the same stuff I used on the rear step.

And there you have it, bedlined rockers!

Unread 01-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #168
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Now that we are finally up to date, here is the start of a little something I have been planning for a while now

Before this past SEMA show and Jeep's ORT logo they came up with, I had one of my own planned. It was simple. Take the SRT logo and swap in an O in place of the S! I have planned to change the stitching on my future SRT seats to say ORT, but until then I was trying to figure out what else I could do with the idea. I remembered that the SRT8 wheels had SRT etched into them:

So I did something similar to mine

I plan to get a couple of custom badges made similar to the SRT8 badge for the rear and maybe one in the grill.

Unread 01-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #169
mrtosh
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Now that we are finally up to date, here is the start of a little something I have been planning for a while now

Before this past SEMA show and Jeep's ORT logo they came up with, I had one of my own planned. It was simple. Take the SRT logo and swap in an O in place of the S! I have planned to change the stitching on my future SRT seats to say ORT, but until then I was trying to figure out what else I could do with the idea. I remembered that the SRT8 wheels had SRT etched into them:

So I did something similar to mine

I plan to get a couple of custom badges made similar to the SRT8 badge for the rear and maybe one in the grill.
That looks awesome Nate! I was looking to do the same exact thing on mg Moabs after Greg showed me the stickers. Great minds!!
'05 WK Limited QDII, Superlift 6", Bilstein struts,315/70/17 Duratracs, Gibson CB, Volant CAI, JBA UCA's, JKS quick disco, adj. Rear trac bar, 4xguard armor, Diablosport Intune, Xenondepot 6000k HID's, Putco Jet yellow fogs.
mrtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #170
jblock
2009 WK 

Looks sick man good job once again
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #171
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Nathan, that is awesome man. I really like that Idea. I think I'd like to do something similar with the ORT, but probably won't be on the wheels - My wheels need to be redone. I'm seeing if I can hold out a little longer before I buy new wheels.
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #172
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

What does ORT stand for?
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #173
JeepMDHemi
2005 WK 

Perfect touch nate. It's like your in my head. You know everything lol. I think it should stand for omelet racing technology.. lol
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #174
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

^^^ Haha! That is what it secretly stands for! But it means Off Road Technology.

Unread 01-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #175
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtosh
That looks awesome Nate! I was looking to do the same exact thing on mg Moabs after Greg showed me the stickers. Great minds!!
Indeed! When Greg put those R/T stickers on his I told him to do ORT instead which he thought was a great idea. But I didn't like that he left the / in there ( just wasn't what I was envisioning, personal preference). I asked him to have his friend mock me up some in the SRT logo but make it ORT instead. I love the way they turned out! You should do it to your Moabs too. They need to be 4" long.

Unread 01-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #176
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Omelet -
when you taped off the strip for the bedliner when did you pull the tape off? Does it look at all like it will peel on that edge? I ask because if I do end up lining the 3" lip of my fenders I'm trying to figure out first how to prep the lip without sanding/scuffing up beyond the lip and second when to pull the tape and third whether it would eventually be likely to peel on that edge.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #177
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

What I did was tape everything off, then I sanded. That way I couldn't sand above or on anything I didn't want sanded. Then I wiped everything down with soap and water. After that I wiped it down again but with isopropyl alcohol. Then I sprayed two coats of bedliner. Right after spraying the second coat I peeled the tape off. If you wait too long it will be gummy or crackly. You want to pull it off while it is still wet and will create a smooth line. I haven't had it on very long, about two weeks, so I can't really comment on longevity. But my kids slide up and down the rocker every time they get in and out, so far it has held up great.

Unread 01-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #178
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
What I did was tape everything off, then I sanded. That way I couldn't sand above or on anything I didn't want sanded. Then I wiped everything down with soap and water. After that I wiped it down again but with isopropyl alcohol. Then I sprayed two coats of bedliner. Right after spraying the second coat I peeled the tape off. If you wait too long it will be gummy or crackly. You want to pull it off while it is still wet and will create a smooth line.
Copy. That's pretty much how I was figuring on goin at this if and when I do it. Didn't know if you had any other "tricks" up your sleeve regarding it. Thanks for the help.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #179
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

No problem! I added a little bit more to my last post too

Unread 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #180
JeepN4KC

Omelet -

So I was browsing S4xc today and came across this:
http://www.saguaro4xcomponents.com/i...products_id=63

They must have just added this to their arsenal but I was wondering:
do you get royalty kickbacks for this?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.