Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 116 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #1726
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

I'm still waiting on the day you adds turbine engine and some wings or some pontoons.

Looking great as always!

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #1727
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
I'm still waiting on the day you adds turbine engine and some wings or some pontoons.

Looking great as always!
Forget the wings he's a navy guy he will probably turn the bison into a water bison aka a submarine. Lol you can never get ahed of him. Always got the lead and ideas.
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #1728
Jaashua
2005 WK 

Have you ever added up the costs of all your mods? Also what kind of mpg do you get?

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #1729
BobG97
2005 WK 

Looks great buddy! I'm pretty excited to see how the new belly pan works out. I love the fox shocks but have you ever thought of using a coilover to bolt in the existing shock mount and eliminating the coil all together? Ive seen a lot of JK guys doing their rear like that, just not sure how the WK would handle it.
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #1730
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
Have you ever added up the costs of all your mods? Also what kind of mpg do you get?

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
I don't think you want to know the answer to either of those questions
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #1731
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Hey Nathan got any plans for those old Fox shocks??
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #1732
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I'm not sure. If you are wanting to set yours up like mine then you will need everything in the SL kit except the front preload spacers, rear shocks, and rear coils. Evey thing else in the kit is being used. So buying it piece by piece probably wont save you any money in the long run. Also no one makes front gear yet as far as I know :thumbdown
Just looked at the SL parts list and i didnt know how many relocation brackets there were.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #1733
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post

Looking great as always!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
Forget the wings he's a navy guy he will probably turn the bison into a water bison aka a submarine. Lol you can never get ahead of him. Always got the lead and ideas.
There's an idea! Time to acquire some SDV parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
I don't think you want to know the answer to either of those questions
For a while there I was keeping close tabs on every dollar that went into this one, but after a while I gave it up. Now as bhawks28 said you and I both don't want to know the answer! As for mpg around town I usually see 12, but on the freeway I can get 15 or even 16 if it's flat. I know it could be better if I got some lighter smoother rolling tires (work in progress) and was easier on the skinny peddle. But lets face it, it's got a HEMI, who wants to take it easy!!!? Even with the large heavy tires and a decent size lift this thing can still MOVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG97 View Post
Looks great buddy! I'm pretty excited to see how the new belly pan works out. I love the fox shocks but have you ever thought of using a coilover to bolt in the existing shock mount and eliminating the coil all together? Ive seen a lot of JK guys doing their rear like that, just not sure how the WK would handle it.
Actually my dream is still to one day convert the rear to a cantilever suspension like what EVO makes for the JKs! Just remove the spare and it would be easy, but that is later down the road when I do long arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogriff15 View Post
Hey Nathan got any plans for those old Fox shocks??
I will be putting them up for sale in a couple of weeks! Everyone and their mother is asking for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Just looked at the SL parts list and i didn't know how many relocation brackets there were.
Well there are the drop brackets for the front diff, the rear UCA brackets, and the track bar brackets.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #1734
BobG97
2005 WK 

I actually agree, the EVO setup that Mel has created is AWESOME! I'd love to do that also, BUT I'm hinging on the edge of straight axle swapping my front if I go that far! I know how you feel about IFS but it seems like all that flex would be wasted without matching articulation in the front

If toy ever start looking into having EVO build you something let me know, I'd be interested also
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #1735
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I might have them take a look at the rear and give some pointers, but I would build it myself.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #1736
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I did some quick flexing to see how the new shocks and coils will perform together. Turns out I really need to get my new control arms in! The rear tire is off the ground but the shock still had an inch or so more to go until it maxed.

I'm still amazed at how well these thick tires flex at 40psi!

Also did you notice my awesome new sticker ^^^

Unread 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #1737
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

So another mod I'm working on is a CO2 tank! Yes I know I already have OBA, but I don't always like or have time to air up after wheeling especially when I'm with other guys who don't have any air source. So I finally decided to give CO2 a go. I didn't want to spend a fortune on any of those over priced name brand systems, but I didn't want something that was going to crap out on me either. So after some research and reading a lot of user reviews I decided to build my own. Since I already have a quality hose and air chucks all I needed was the tank, regulator, and a mount. I snagged a Quick Fist mount ($12) and a brand new 5lb aluminum tank ($50) off eBay.

Then grabbed a fixed 150psi regulator ($55) from The Source.

I still need to get it filled, but in the mean time I need to mount it. Now I am not planning on leaving it in the Jeep at all times, so at this point I am leaning towards mounting it on the passenger side standing up right. This way I don't HAVE to remove it to use it and it's in a good out of the way place.

However I am also thinking of mounting it on it's side against the driver side. It would still be mostly out of the way, but I would HAVE to remove it when I needed to us it and grab another $12 mount. The up side to this spot is I can still use the cargo cover (without modifying it)

Unread 03-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #1738
LilOmelet
2005 WK 

I'm so jealous... So don't tell Mallory, but I think I will be saving as much of my deployment money as possible and putting all other little mods aside to get the SL when I get back I'm starting to get very excited about it!
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #1739
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

I am so pissed at you right now you couldn't wait a little longer I was going to go with the co2 system and now you done stole that idea also. Maybe Ill find something new while you are gone and can get ahead. without having to copy mods off of you!
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #1740
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Also why would you have to remove it to use it? Is it Because the valve?

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.