Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #1576
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Oh do you have broken bolts? I had a bolt break on the passenger side that was replaced under warranty. I now have a broken bolt on the driver side, but my warranty is up. That is one reason for this upgrade. I want better manifolds and I need to get the broken bolt replaced before I take off for 6 months so I don't leave my wife with something that could become an issue. What bolts did you get? I need to find some high quality ones to swap in because we all know the stock ones suck.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #1577
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Oh do you have broken bolts? I had a bolt break on the passenger side that was replaced under warranty. I now have a broken bolt on the driver side, but my warranty is up. That is one reason for this upgrade. I want better manifolds and I need to get the broken bolt replaced before I take off for 6 months so I don't leave my wife with something that could become an issue. What bolts did you get? I need to find some high quality ones to swap in because we all know the stock ones suck.
I just got the factory ones. The parts guy said they are better made now but I don't know if he's bs'ing or not. My mechanic buddy who's going to do it said he hasn't had one come back and he's done like 8 hemi's with this problem. I wonder if the bolts are the same for the srt8 headers and 5.7s?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #1578
kennymo

Can that 4x front bumpet guard be used to mount retrieval shackles to?
kennymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #1579
sixfoot9psu
2005 WK 

Yep that's what it's made for...he doesn't keep them mounted bc of theft, but you can look at my pics if you want as I always keep mine on
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #1580
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283

I just got the factory ones. The parts guy said they are better made now but I don't know if he's bs'ing or not. My mechanic buddy who's going to do it said he hasn't had one come back and he's done like 8 hemi's with this problem. I wonder if the bolts are the same for the srt8 headers and 5.7s?
Nate, any idea if we use the same stock bolts for the srt8 headers? Any word on some upgraded ones? I just negotiated a set of srt8 headers for $50!!!!!!
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #1581
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Nate, any idea if we use the same stock bolts for the srt8 headers? Any word on some upgraded ones? I just negotiated a set of srt8 headers for $50!!!!!!
Well if they have better ones now then that is good news. I'm not sure if the 5.7 bolts will work with the 6.1 manifolds, or if the 6.1 bolts will work on the 5.7. It's something I haven't looked into yet. I would really like to find some really strong reliable ones, but like I said I haven't taken the time to look into that just yet. If you find anything out please let me know! Great deal btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
Can that 4x front bumpet guard be used to mount retrieval shackles to?
Yes in deed! As mentioned above I don't keep them on the outside, they are stored safely in the cargo area until I need them. Here's a quick pic of when I was spooling the line onto the winch. I used a snatch block on the rear of my XJ then a shackle on the 4xG Matrix to hook the line on.

Unread 01-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #1582
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

this is honestly the best jeep ive seen on the forums in my opinion. ive just recently started adding things to my 05 hemi and your build thread has given me alot of different ideas of stuff to look into. loving the roof rack and lights!!

LOOKING TO BUY: RRO or JBA UCA's
Jeepforthewin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #1583
Hefe811

Omelet,

Quick Q on the flashpaq. Did you ever get the E-43 code and the message that the vehicle isn't stock? I've read up on a few people having issues because they need updates from the dealer? My flashpaq is basically a brand new paperweight and I'm just lookin for thoughts. Have you heard of this happening?
Hefe811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #1584
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
this is honestly the best jeep ive seen on the forums in my opinion. ive just recently started adding things to my 05 hemi and your build thread has given me alot of different ideas of stuff to look into. loving the roof rack and lights!!
Thanks a lot bud! I appreciate the complements I am glad I was able to give you some ideas, feel free to steel anything you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe811 View Post
Omelet,
Quick Q on the flashpaq. Did you ever get the E-43 code and the message that the vehicle isn't stock? I've read up on a few people having issues because they need updates from the dealer? My flashpaq is basically a brand new paperweight and I'm just lookin for thoughts. Have you heard of this happening?
No I haven't had that issue. Then again I only use the thing when I need to return it to stock or feel like playing around with different settings, which is rare.

Unread 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #1585
JordanD07
2007 WK 

What did you valve your fox shocks at? I'm planning on getting some and am curious what to valve them at
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #1586
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanD07 View Post
What did you valve your fox shocks at? I'm planning on getting some and am curious what to valve them at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
If I remember correctly the valving I ended up at was 30/60, but I will have to check to make sure

here to help ya answer Omelet
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Red WK Club #31, Daystar 2" BB lift with bilstein struts. Rigid LED Dually
IowaJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #1587
JordanD07
2007 WK 

Thank you sir
'07 3.7 4x4 QT1 ll Red WK Club #27 ll OME ll Monroe LL ll Rusty's ll ProComp ll BFG ll 4xGuard ll S4XC ll VLEDS ll Infinity ll Thrush ll Riddler ll 6K HID
JordanD07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #1588
BobG97
2005 WK 

I think you should host a you tube or podcast called "Omelets WK corner" where we can all ask you questions lol!
BobG97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #1589
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg97
i think you should host a you tube or podcast called "omelets wk corner" where we can all ask you questions lol!
x2!
Unread 01-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #1590
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Shoot if only I had that kind of time!

IowaJeepNewbie like he posted I am using 30/60, but that is because I am carrying a bit of extra weight. You might want to ask a pro what they would recommend for your setup. You might find it a little stiff.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.