Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 105 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Reply
Unread 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #1561
udoxx
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TRAVIS AFB, CA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
No worries bud Any idea how.much it costs?
As soon as they email me with a quote I will share the info.

__________________
2000 TJ Sport 2in BB 33s
2009 XK Overland OME HD
2012 JKUR stock
udoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #1562
Spiegel
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 31


Whos Jeep is this? and do you have a link to his thread
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #1563
JeepCoop
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Woodland Hills, ca
Posts: 32
That would be meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Hahaha

Here's a link on JG, the one on here isnt updated at all!

http://www.**********.org/f14/coops-...ead-27588.html

Just add Jeep garage in the area w the stars haha
__________________
I've done some mods ;)
JeepCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #1564
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,221
Well here they are! I scored a set of SRT8 exhaust manifolds from a member on another forum. I thought they were a steal of a deal at $130 shipped from the east coast!








I wont be messing with these right away, but it will be sometime this spring. I will be sure to keep the thread updated as I go. As of now I plan to use the stock mid pipes and have a shop change out the collector to properly mate to the much larger SRT manifold. Living here in Cali I need the Jeep to still pass smog, so I will be messing with the different EGR options. I will explain more on that later though. In the mean time live in suspense
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #1565
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Well here they are! I scored a set of SRT8 exhaust manifolds from a member on another forum. I thought they were a steal of a deal at $130 shipped from the east coast!

I wont be messing with these right away, but it will be sometime this spring. I will be sure to keep the thread updated as I go. As of now I plan to use the stock mid pipes and have a shop change out the collector to properly mate to the much larger SRT manifold. Living here in Cali I need the Jeep to still pass smog, so I will be messing with the different EGR options. I will explain more on that later though. In the mean time live in suspense
Damn it Nathan, I need you to get on these ASAP, haha jk. I am about to replace my manifolds but with stock ones
__________________
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 03:07 AM   #1566
LilOmelet
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Well here they are! I scored a set of SRT8 exhaust manifolds from a member on another forum. I thought they were a steal of a deal at $130 shipped from the east coast!

I wont be messing with these right away, but it will be sometime this spring. I will be sure to keep the thread updated as I go. As of now I plan to use the stock mid pipes and have a shop change out the collector to properly mate to the much larger SRT manifold. Living here in Cali I need the Jeep to still pass smog, so I will be messing with the different EGR options. I will explain more on that later though. In the mean time live in suspense
Ooooh, can't wait to see how it is going to come together!
__________________
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Punisher[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Volant CAI[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]2" Rough Country[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bilstein Struts[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid[/COLOR] - [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Mopar (Borla) Exhaust[/COLOR]
LilOmelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 04:26 AM   #1567
ZF1FR
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savigny-sur-Orge, France
Posts: 95
Do you think you''l loose or gain power with those?
ZF1FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #1568
kennymo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: vacaville, ca
Posts: 53
Do the wheels you are running have a lower offset than the factory 3.7 wk wheels?
kennymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #1569
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Damn it Nathan, I need you to get on these ASAP, haha jk. I am about to replace my manifolds but with stock ones
Haha, sorry bud! What is wrong with your manifolds?


Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Ooooh, can't wait to see how it is going to come together!
Thanks bro, it should be exciting!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF1FR View Post
Do you think you''l loose or gain power with those?
Oh it will definitely be an improvement! The stock manifolds are the biggest restriction in our intake or exhaust systems. Adding a CAI and/or throttle body will help improve your throttle response, adding a cat-back exhaust system will give you a better sounding Jeep, adding a programmer will enable everything to work together to give you a little more power and efficiency, but the manifolds are still going to be a bottle neck in the system. Even the stock cats are actually high flow units. I will post a pick of what the stock Jeep 5.7L logs look like compared to these 6.1L manifolds in a sec so you can see the difference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
Do the wheels you are running have a lower offset than the factory 3.7 wk wheels?
I am running 17" JK Moabs which will stick out .25" farther than the stock WK wheels. I believe the offset is +44.45mm which is a 6" backspacing, but I could be wrong. I never remember those numbers correctly!
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #1570
ZF1FR
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savigny-sur-Orge, France
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Oh it will definitely be an improvement! The stock manifolds are the biggest restriction in our intake or exhaust systems. Adding a CAI and/or throttle body will help improve your throttle response, adding a cat-back exhaust system will give you a better sounding Jeep, adding a programmer will enable everything to work together to give you a little more power and efficiency, but the manifolds are still going to be a bottle neck in the system. Even the stock cats are actually high flow units. I will post a pick of what the stock Jeep 5.7L logs look like compared to these 6.1L manifolds in a sec so you can see the difference.
Yes, want to see the ones when you can!
ZF1FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #1571
Gm5moker
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Princeton, WV
Posts: 64
Love this wk..Nice work!
Gm5moker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #1572
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF1FR View Post
Yes, want to see the ones when you can!
Here you go! This is a WK 5.7L manifold next to a 6.1L:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm5moker View Post
Love this wk..Nice work!
Thanks a lot bud
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #1573
RagtagGuy
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deep South, Alabama
Posts: 186
Does the 6.1 bolt up to the 5.7?
RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #1574
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,221
Yes, the ports are slightly different shapes, but using a 6.1L gasket will work fine and create a good seal.
__________________
See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #1575
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Haha, sorry bud! What is wrong with your manifolds?
Well I have the dreaded leak on both sides and I got oem manifolds, gaskets, and bolts for both sides for $200 to my door.
__________________
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.