Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #1501
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

That looks PRETTY cool. I got a question for you. Did you ever do a secondary/backup battery mod. I know for a FACT you have more auxilllary lighting than me. My old man was saying that my battery was dieing after not being driven for a few days. So I'm not sure what that could be. He was saying that it's like my battery is leaking energy from somewhere. Everything is off though, and I have not seen evidence of my Jeep doing this since I got back home. Shed some light if you can (when you get a chance)

aj

Unread 12-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #1502
TangoTango
2008 WK 

That could be a sticking selinoid which would then leave power on. It's also called a parasite drain.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #1503
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nope still only one battery. Do you have relays on all your devices? I have a relay on every device and they are all triggered by a switch which only has power when there is acc power.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #1504
AnotherWK
2005 WK 

Holy smokes... 3 weeks later I finally finished your thread. Some great mods and even better info. Keep up the great work.
AnotherWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #1505
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks bud! I know its starting to become quite the long thread now

Unread 12-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #1506
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Is that a Rigid light bar? I want to pick up some Dually D2's for my rig soon. Seems like Rigid is by far the most recommended.
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #1507
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Nope not Rigid! I have their D2s in the grill and I love them. Definitely worth the extra money over the standard Dually Rigid Industries, Vision-X, and Baja Designs were the original off road LED bar manufacturers and still are at the top, but there are a lot of other companies making them these days for a lot cheaper. Granted if I was building a high dollar competition rig I would probably go with the most proven company and design, but when I can get something at half the price that is basically the same thing, then that's what I will get. Unless I am getting a killer discount or happen to be sponsored by them, I don't need to KNOW my light is bullet proof. My wallet just can't handle that So far my 42" Tough Light has been awesome and was had at a killer price! We will see how this new one works out and I might have my new favarite company

Unread 12-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #1508
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Nope not Rigid! I have their D2s in the grill and I love them. Definitely worth the extra money over the standard Dually Rigid Industries, Vision-X, and Baja Designs were the original off road LED bar manufacturers and still are at the top, but there are a lot of other companies making them these days for a lot cheaper. Granted if I was building a high dollar competition rig I would probably go with the most proven company and design, but when I can get something at half the price that is basically the same thing, then that's what I will get. Unless I am getting a killer discount or happen to be sponsored by them, I don't need to KNOW my light is bullet proof. My wallet just can't handle that So far my 42" Tough Light has been awesome and was had at a killer price! We will see how this new one works out and I might have my new favarite company
Do they make anything to compete with the d2s? I want some but they are pricey.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #1509
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Not really. They make a single LED 2" unit that puts out 1000 lumens:

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=271124921462

A dual LED 3.25" unit that puts out 1700 lumens:

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=390497558049

A 4 LED 5.5" unit that puts out 3500 lumens:

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=290804525526

A 5 LED 6.5" unit that puts out just about 5000 lumens:

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=300807860994

All but the single LED 2" units are capable of 4 way adjustable light settings with button activated strobe/flash mode. Which is pretty cool! The 5.5" or 6.5" ones would make awesome DRL/fog lights! I want to see what I can do to make that work as well as use the single ones for side lights!

Unread 12-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #1510
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well my friends I am almost finished with the wiring of the new light, but I got it mounted and ran it to a spare battery to test it. So here's some pics and info so far!

The new bar is made by Brightt USA a company I have never heard of before but started seeing them on Ebay and Amazon as I was looking for a new LED light to replace the 2 Hellas currently mounted on the rear of my Gobi. I couldn't find much of anything for reviews on them but they sounded pretty sweet and I wanted to give them a try. It has some cool features such as 4 brightness settings (DRL, Low, Medium, High) and a strobe/flash setting. It will max out a little over 14,000 lumens which is amazing for a 19" single row bar!

Night shots to follow...

Unread 12-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #1511
Valpacer

2007 WK 

Thats looks really nice there Nathan! Cant wait for the night shots!
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #1512
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Well my friends I am almost finished with the wiring of the new light, but I got it mounted and ran it to a spare battery to test it. So here's some pics and info so far!

The new bar is made by Brightt USA a company I have never heard of before but started seeing them on Ebay and Amazon as I was looking for a new LED light to replace the 2 Hellas currently mounted on the rear of my Gobi. I couldn't find much of anything for reviews on them but they sounded pretty sweet and I wanted to give them a try. It has some cool features such as 4 brightness settings (DRL, Low, Medium, High) and a strobe/flash setting. It will max out a little over 14,000 lumens which is amazing for a 19" single row bar!

Night shots to follow...
Nate, your rig looks amazing as usual. I'm glad the guy with the best WK on the planet is the moderator here. It's very fitting

I'll check out those links you posted; thanks!

Also, I like how you didn't feel the need to blurt out your plate. I don't get why everyone does that as its very hard to do anything with that info.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #1513
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

And here she is burning brightt! Haha

This is what it looks like from the side on the DRL setting:

Now these are just quick night shots using my phone which never does something like this justice, but it's better than nothing. I am parked in my driveway shooting at a hill just over 100' away.

DRL mode (basically what my 7W Cree reverse light do)

Low mode:

Medium mode:

High mode:

Standing at the end of my driveway showing my shadow:

At the bottom of the hill looking back at the Jeep (14,000 lumens is blinding!)

Standing off to the side for another perspective:

I will have some wiring pics up tomorrow...

Unread 12-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #1514
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

That thing is bright and I really like the features but how are you going to control them from upfront?
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #1515
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Nate, your rig looks amazing as usual. I'm glad the guy with the best WK on the planet is the moderator here. It's very fitting

I'll check out those links you posted; thanks!

Also, I like how you didn't feel the need to blurt out your plate. I don't get why everyone does that as its very hard to do anything with that info.
Yep no need to blur out my plate, I'm not doing anything illegal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
That thing is bright and I really like the features but how are you going to control them from upfront?
With a couple different switches. Right now I plan on just using the included switches, but I will eventually do a more permanent setup.

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.