Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 133 - JeepForum.com

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1981 of 2493 Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya they are pricey little guys, but they are worth it. I didn't know snevey's offroad sold them, I will have to send them an email and see what they can do. They mentioned an amber option in the works. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my ARB. I want to flush mount a 30" into the front right above the fairlead and I really like the idea of a pair of 5.5" or 6.5" on the sides for DRLs, but that might bet a little crazy looking with too much going on. I have thought about filling in the fog light holes and using just the 6.5" LEDs as DRLs and fogs, but if I flush mounted them they wouldn't exactly be shooting straight ahead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2493 Old 07-19-2013, 09:55 AM
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Ya they are pricey little guys, but they are worth it. I didn't know snevey's offroad sold them, I will have to send them an email and see what they can do. They mentioned an amber option in the works. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my ARB. I want to flush mount a 30" into the front right above the fairlead and I really like the idea of a pair of 5.5" or 6.5" on the sides for DRLs, but that might bet a little crazy looking with too much going on. I have thought about filling in the fog light holes and using just the 6.5" LEDs as DRLs and fogs, but if I flush mounted them they wouldn't exactly be shooting straight ahead.
You have so much light pointing straight ahead, wouldn't it be nice to have some more light off to the sides?

2000 TJ with a lot of plans, going no where on a college budget
post #1983 of 2493 Old 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
its his scorpion comp series (link to his single row ones)
http://sneveysoffroad.com/product-ca...ed-light-bars/

i bought his razor dr20, which i am going to test tonight or tomorrow night

i was thinking of putting some 18W they are 6" or 6.5" the arb slots are 5.5" by 1.5" so i may just have to extend the ends but the height would be fine. i would have to weld on a piece of angle for the light to sit on.
http://sneveysoffroad.com/shop/highl...driving-light/

_______._____. << ----Mine------____.____.
//_|__l__,\____\,___------Dads>> /l __,[____],_
l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
post #1984 of 2493 Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Ya I saw those on his site, they are the same thing as the 20" I have on the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
You have so much light pointing straight ahead, wouldn't it be nice to have some more light off to the sides?
True but if I will be using them as fogs then i don't want them throwing all of their usable light to the side. It wouldn't look as good but I could mounts them in the same spot but fab something around them like the fog lights have. That way they would piont straight ahead. It would just be more work. Plus the 42" on the roof and the 20" on the bumper are combo beams so they throw enough light to the sides.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1985 of 2493 Old 07-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

instead of having those as white lights down there why not make them amber trail lights or do you have enough of those with those duallys and the ones in the factory headlights?

post #1986 of 2493 Old 07-19-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I think i have enough between the D2s in the grill and the SRM2sthat will be in the headlamps. It would be cool if you could get the 5.5" and 6.5" in a dual color. Like have the DRL setting be white and then when you turn on full power they change to amber for fogs. That would be perfect!

post #1987 of 2493 Old 07-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
I think i have enough between the D2s in the grill and the SRM2sthat will be in the headlamps. It would be cool if you could get the 5.5" and 6.5" in a dual color. Like have the DRL setting be white and then when you turn on full power they change to amber for fogs. That would be perfect!
Steve (snevey's offroad) said that he was working with the manufacture to get something like that going. you would probably have to give him a call to get all the details on the progress.

post #1988 of 2493 Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM
ChanWK
2005 WK 

Hey Omelet just a quick question about your volant cold air intake. You mentioned you got the 1/2 inch hose to modify it to fit the 5.7L Hemi, where could I get one of these hoses? Couldn't seem to find one at my local Autozone
post #1989 of 2493 Old 07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
kllshadow
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanWK View Post
Hey Omelet just a quick question about your volant cold air intake. You mentioned you got the 1/2 inch hose to modify it to fit the 5.7L Hemi, where could I get one of these hoses? Couldn't seem to find one at my local Autozone
Did you try asking at the counter? My autozone sells hose per foot but you have to get it from the counter.

Black WK Club Member #61
post #1990 of 2493 Old 08-02-2013, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Yes what he said! You can buy it by the foot, but it's usually something you have to ask for (depending on the specific store).

post #1991 of 2493 Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM
dieseljeep07

2007 WK 

Omelet, Awesome job on your WK. It's really inspired me to start getting into it more and do my own upgrades and personal modifications. Great Job!!
post #1992 of 2493 Old 08-03-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Thanks a lot bud! I love tinkering on my Jeep and trying new things. Inspiring others is my main goal of this thread.

post #1993 of 2493 Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 PM
tfreezy
2006 WK 

Awesome build, Nate. I've been crawling the forums for the last few months preparing to start my first real build. Unfortunately, just before my OME HD kit came in a tree uprooted onto my jeep during a storm (Oklahoma for the win) and now I'm waiting to get it back from the body shop. This thread was a good one to take my mind off the wait!
post #1994 of 2493 Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 PM
giulio17

Hey omelet, are u going to sell your matrix bumper?
post #1995 of 2493 Old 08-10-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfreezy View Post
Awesome build, Nate. I've been crawling the forums for the last few months preparing to start my first real build. Unfortunately, just before my OME HD kit came in a tree uprooted onto my jeep during a storm (Oklahoma for the win) and now I'm waiting to get it back from the body shop. This thread was a good one to take my mind off the wait!
Dude that sucks! What kind of damage did it do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulio17 View Post
Hey omelet, are u going to sell your matrix bumper?
Yes the Matrix will be sold, but to my brother

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 37" , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.