Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 105 - JeepForum.com

 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1561 of 2481 Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
udoxx
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TRAVIS AFB
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
No worries bud Any idea how.much it costs?
As soon as they email me with a quote I will share the info.


2000 TJ Sport 2in BB 33s
2009 XK Overland OME HD
2012 JKUR stock
udoxx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1562 of 2481 Old 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Spiegel
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 31


Whos Jeep is this? and do you have a link to his thread
Spiegel is offline  
post #1563 of 2481 Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 PM
JeepCoop
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 32
That would be meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Hahaha

Here's a link on JG, the one on here isnt updated at all!

http://www.**********.org/f14/coops-...ead-27588.html

Just add Jeep garage in the area w the stars haha

I've done some mods ;)
JeepCoop is offline  
post #1564 of 2481 Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,363
Well here they are! I scored a set of SRT8 exhaust manifolds from a member on another forum. I thought they were a steal of a deal at $130 shipped from the east coast!








I wont be messing with these right away, but it will be sometime this spring. I will be sure to keep the thread updated as I go. As of now I plan to use the stock mid pipes and have a shop change out the collector to properly mate to the much larger SRT manifold. Living here in Cali I need the Jeep to still pass smog, so I will be messing with the different EGR options. I will explain more on that later though. In the mean time live in suspense

See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline  
post #1565 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 AM
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet
Well here they are! I scored a set of SRT8 exhaust manifolds from a member on another forum. I thought they were a steal of a deal at $130 shipped from the east coast!

I wont be messing with these right away, but it will be sometime this spring. I will be sure to keep the thread updated as I go. As of now I plan to use the stock mid pipes and have a shop change out the collector to properly mate to the much larger SRT manifold. Living here in Cali I need the Jeep to still pass smog, so I will be messing with the different EGR options. I will explain more on that later though. In the mean time live in suspense
Damn it Nathan, I need you to get on these ASAP, haha jk. I am about to replace my manifolds but with stock ones

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline  
post #1566 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 AM
LilOmelet
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Spokane
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Well here they are! I scored a set of SRT8 exhaust manifolds from a member on another forum. I thought they were a steal of a deal at $130 shipped from the east coast!

I wont be messing with these right away, but it will be sometime this spring. I will be sure to keep the thread updated as I go. As of now I plan to use the stock mid pipes and have a shop change out the collector to properly mate to the much larger SRT manifold. Living here in Cali I need the Jeep to still pass smog, so I will be messing with the different EGR options. I will explain more on that later though. In the mean time live in suspense
Ooooh, can't wait to see how it is going to come together!

The Punisher - 05 WK 5.7L HEMI Limited QDII - Volant CAI - 2" Rough Country - Bilstein Struts - 265/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers - ASFIR Suspension, front diff. Skid - Mopar Fuel Tank, T-case Skid - Mopar (Borla) Exhaust
LilOmelet is offline  
post #1567 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 AM
ZF1FR
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savigny-sur-Orge
Posts: 104
Do you think you''l loose or gain power with those?
ZF1FR is offline  
post #1568 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 07:24 AM
kennymo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: vacaville
Posts: 53
Do the wheels you are running have a lower offset than the factory 3.7 wk wheels?
kennymo is offline  
post #1569 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Damn it Nathan, I need you to get on these ASAP, haha jk. I am about to replace my manifolds but with stock ones
Haha, sorry bud! What is wrong with your manifolds?


Quote:
Originally Posted by LilOmelet View Post
Ooooh, can't wait to see how it is going to come together!
Thanks bro, it should be exciting!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF1FR View Post
Do you think you''l loose or gain power with those?
Oh it will definitely be an improvement! The stock manifolds are the biggest restriction in our intake or exhaust systems. Adding a CAI and/or throttle body will help improve your throttle response, adding a cat-back exhaust system will give you a better sounding Jeep, adding a programmer will enable everything to work together to give you a little more power and efficiency, but the manifolds are still going to be a bottle neck in the system. Even the stock cats are actually high flow units. I will post a pick of what the stock Jeep 5.7L logs look like compared to these 6.1L manifolds in a sec so you can see the difference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
Do the wheels you are running have a lower offset than the factory 3.7 wk wheels?
I am running 17" JK Moabs which will stick out .25" farther than the stock WK wheels. I believe the offset is +44.45mm which is a 6" backspacing, but I could be wrong. I never remember those numbers correctly!

See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline  
post #1570 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
ZF1FR
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savigny-sur-Orge
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Oh it will definitely be an improvement! The stock manifolds are the biggest restriction in our intake or exhaust systems. Adding a CAI and/or throttle body will help improve your throttle response, adding a cat-back exhaust system will give you a better sounding Jeep, adding a programmer will enable everything to work together to give you a little more power and efficiency, but the manifolds are still going to be a bottle neck in the system. Even the stock cats are actually high flow units. I will post a pick of what the stock Jeep 5.7L logs look like compared to these 6.1L manifolds in a sec so you can see the difference.
Yes, want to see the ones when you can!
ZF1FR is offline  
post #1571 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Gm5moker
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Princeton
Posts: 64
Love this wk..Nice work!
Gm5moker is offline  
post #1572 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZF1FR View Post
Yes, want to see the ones when you can!
Here you go! This is a WK 5.7L manifold next to a 6.1L:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm5moker View Post
Love this wk..Nice work!
Thanks a lot bud

See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline  
post #1573 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
RagtagGuy
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deep South
Posts: 181
Does the 6.1 bolt up to the 5.7?
RagtagGuy is offline  
post #1574 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Omelet
Evil Overlord!
 
Omelet's Avatar
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 5,363
Yes, the ports are slightly different shapes, but using a 6.1L gasket will work fine and create a good seal.

See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline  
post #1575 of 2481 Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet

Haha, sorry bud! What is wrong with your manifolds?
Well I have the dreaded leak on both sides and I got oem manifolds, gaskets, and bolts for both sides for $200 to my door.

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline  
Reply

Tags
295/70/17 , 35" tires , 37" , 4x4 , fox , jeep wk , lifted , ome , omelet , ort , superlift , wk

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Omelet's Hidden Winch Build Omelet WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 128 04-29-2016 07:17 AM
Omelet's LED Rock Lights Omelet WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 340 09-16-2015 05:58 PM
Omelet's Rear Fender Mod! Omelet WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 26 05-09-2015 09:39 PM
Omelet's Headlamp Project! Omelet WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 170 04-02-2014 06:27 PM
Hoax and Omelet Meet hoaxci5 WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum 24 04-25-2011 08:22 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome