OME MD, now want more! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > OME MD, now want more!

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #46
WieSeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Possibly, but installing longer bolts into the OEM plate would be cheaper and you know they would be long enough and strong enough (grade 8). But if you by the aftermarket ones let us know how long the studs are.
Omelet, do you recall what the length is of the stock stud sitting above the stock upper strut mount?

WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #47
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I'm not sure, but you could compare it to the bolts I replaced them with by the pics in my thread. Or maybe someone else can get you a measurement.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #48
WieSeL

Quote:
I'm not sure, but you could compare it to the bolts I replaced them with by the pics in my thread. Or maybe someone else can get you a measurement.
Yeah it's hard to see exactly. Thanks neways
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #49
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Well the bolts I used were 2" long and judging by the size difference in the pic I would bet the OEM studs are 1.5" (where the threads end and the cone begins). So in order to run 2 strut spacers the studs need to be at least 1.75"

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #50
WieSeL

Quote:
Well the bolts I used were 2" long and judging by the size difference in the pic I would bet the OEM studs are 1.5" (where the threads end and the cone begins). So in order to run 2 strut spacers the studs need to be at least 1.75"
Ok thanks for the info. I will let you know how it goes
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #51
WieSeL

First try resulted in a 1.25" of threads above the top of the strut plate. Going to try moog's strut plate next and if no better then going the route of aftermarket bolts or stud at 1.75" above strut plate
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #52
WieSeL

So I've been looking at the JBA rear coil spacers. They apparently are 3/8". IM guessing you stack them on top of the factory lower spring isolator or on top and bottom. Anybody using these with any success? Thinking about just going with one spacer up front instead of two as it seems more hassle than anything and these JBA spacers for rear.
What is the standard for the "Modified OME"? as in what do others run in their rigs?
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #53
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WieSeL View Post
So I've been looking at the JBA rear coil spacers. They apparently are 3/8". IM guessing you stack them on top of the factory lower spring isolator or on top and bottom. Anybody using these with any success? Thinking about just going with one spacer up front instead of two as it seems more hassle than anything and these JBA spacers for rear.
What is the standard for the "Modified OME"? as in what do others run in their rigs?
I just did....3 new JBA spacers on the drivers side and 2 spacers on the pax side....I got slight bump up in the rear...I am now over 22" from center of wheel to the bottom of the fenderwell....slight rake overall. That is what I wanted. With the HD OME I was sagging slightly in the rear.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #54
WieSeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post

I just did....3 new JBA spacers on the drivers side and 2 spacers on the pax side....I got slight bump up in the rear...I am now over 22" from center of wheel to the bottom of the fenderwell....slight rake overall. That is what I wanted. With the HD OME I was sagging slightly in the rear.
Did you do anything to the front or just the OME coils?
Unread 07-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #55
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Did you do anything to the front or just the OME coils?
Just the OME coils....if I ever put on a winch or metal bumper I would install the plates up front....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #56
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
I recently tweaked my set-up.

OME HD - 4.7

Added Rusty's spacers up front.

Rear I piece mealed with 1/2 inch poly spacers both sides; 2 spring isolators top and bottom on driver side; 2 bottom-1 top isolator pass side.

I sit at 22.75" hub to fender all around with a rake.

I also added a Rusty's adjustable rear tracbar to dial the rear axle back in.

I didn't add anything else or change anything with regards to the OME Nitro shocks/struts, sway links, or brake lines.

I'm still on 265/70s and will most likely stay that way - though 285's would be a great fit.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #57
WieSeL

What rear poly spacer did you use? IM having issues finding any besides what's in the daystar lifts etc.

Kinda wish I would of went with the HD, IM sitting low on the MD with the hemi up front but like the ride quality...
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #58
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

^^^

They were fabbed by another forum member and I got a couple he had left.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #59
WieSeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
^^^

Ah, damn
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #60
WieSeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
^^^

Do any other rear spacers work, say for a jk or a wj? Probably been asked a million times

Sitting 21.75 up front and maybe 21 out back btw, after everything settled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.