Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

OME MD, now want more!

7K views 77 replies 10 participants last post by  WieSeL 
#1 ·
Just installed an OME MD and was thinking about adding the 1/4 spacers to the front to get an extra 1/2 inch in the front. Who makes rear 1/2 inch spacers as I can't seem to find anything out there... What is everybody using to get that modified OME in the rear?

#6 ·
Ya that would bring you up to about 22.25" front and rear. You can disconnect the rear shocks, sway links, track bar, brake lines, and notch the fuel tank skid for UCA clearance. All of that will allow the axle to drop far enough to get the coils in and out easy. I use a ratchet strap to help realign the track bar.

#15 ·
Would rather do it right instead of half ***** it. Probly get it before the spacer. Is there a particular way of setting it up?
I made mine 1/2" longer than the stock bar and that got it about perfect. It really just depends how far off the axle ends up being. It's better to have the axle either perfectly centered or slightly to the passenger side. That way the drive shaft will stay off the fuel tank while wheeling.

Now are the OME shocks long enough for an extra spacer in the rear?
The stock shocks are 24" extended and the OMEs are 26". With a little more work you can run 28" extended shocks for a little more travel.

#20 ·
I wonder what the spring rate is compared to the OME. I may have to shoot Brent an email.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.