OME MD lift height and UCA ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > OME MD lift height and UCA ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip Elim07-15 jeep JK Spare Tire Carrier Delete Plate

Unread 06-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
clemsonscj
2009 WK 

OME MD lift height and UCA ?

So I have an 09 Overland 5.7 Hemi running the RC 2.5" BB lift and right now I'm sitting at 21.5" in the front any 20.5 in the back and that's totally unloaded (maybe 100lbs in the back at the very most). I'm about to switch to and OME MD lift and was wondering if I could do just the front first and then the back rather than buying it all at once. I just don't want my front sitting way higher than the rear. But I was referred to the lift height thread but so many people are running so many different things that I couldn't get a definitive answer on what my jeep should be sitting at. But from the measurements that I did see it sounds like the OME will make me sit a bit higher than the RC. Does that sounds about right?

And while I've got you here, I saw the thread about the dude whose UCA's snapped and was already thinking about upgrading my UCA's to the ones for a 2" lift. But I don't really know much about them so would replacing the UCA's for a lifted jeep affect the ride height?

Black WK Club #134
clemsonscj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
BlackPrintz
2005 WK 

I have the RC 2" budget boost and a year ago I added the 58643 Monroe Load Leveller rear shocks (for the Ford F-150). I sit at 21.50" front and just a hair higher in the rear, 21.625". Mine is always loaded with trail gear, 20 litres of extra gas, CO2 tank, tools, Hi-Lift, etc., not to mention the armour. With the weight of the Hemi and the probability of a winch in the near future, I am looking at the OME HD springs. I assume this will bring me up to around 22" F&R. As far as the front UCAs, I don't believe they impact your height, but they may give you a bit more flex.
Black WK #139
05 WK, 5.7 Hemi, 2" R.C. lift, 32s, K&N, MagnaFlow, 4xGuard Skids, Custom Rock Rails
BlackPrintz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
clemsonscj
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPrintz View Post
I have the RC 2" budget boost and a year ago I added the 58643 Monroe Load Leveller rear shocks (for the Ford F-150). I sit at 21.50" front and just a hair higher in the rear, 21.625". Mine is always loaded with trail gear, 20 litres of extra gas, CO2 tank, tools, Hi-Lift, etc., not to mention the armour. With the weight of the Hemi and the probability of a winch in the near future, I am looking at the OME HD springs. I assume this will bring me up to around 22" F&R. As far as the front UCAs, I don't believe they impact your height, but they may give you a bit more flex.

Thanks for the info and the reply man.
Black WK Club #134
clemsonscj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
JReilly

2005 WK 

OME and aftermarket UCAs are a good way to go. I would suggest going HD instead of the MD for your coils since you have the Hemi but ether way it will be a huge improvement over your BB. You mentioned UCAs for 2" lift so i'm guessing your looking at JBA. They won't add additional height to your lift just helps with clearance and angles. JBA UCAs are a solid product and a great investment. If you are going to install one side of your lift and then the other I would recommend installing the rear first and then the fronts. Your rear is already measuring lower than the front (as is the case with most BB lifts). I purchased my lift in stages spread out over several pay checks and then installed everything over a weekend (just another option for you).
UCF Diff. Cover, River Raider Custom Snorkel
285/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's
JReilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #5
bensylrm
2005 WK 

I just did my OME HD lift. Started last night for a few hours ripped out the whole front, then finished front and rear so it *can* be done alone but plan to take the time. I'd suggest Kolak for the parts. WAY cheaper than anyone else. My ball joints were toast so I went with the moog ones from rock auto. I also put the Monroe load levelers for the f150 on the rear. and I am seriously hoping that this thing does settle a bit. I'm looking like 23 inches hub to fender front and rear. Major difference from factory. I'm stressing again, talk to Kolak. Even if it is just to get a price quote, talk to him!
bensylrm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.