OME HD Tire wear fix - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > OME HD Tire wear fix

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 09-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #1
Pac Man
1996 XJ Cherokee 

OME HD Tire wear fix

So I have noticed that the outside tread of my front tires is wearing MUCH faster than the tread on the inside. I have the OME HD, and It seems like the tires may not be "flat" on the ground anymore, but instead the top of the tires may be tilted slightly outward. I attached a picture of the outside tread and the inside tread.

Would these fix the problem?
http://4xguard.com/grand-cherokee-20...ted-wk-xk.html

I am getting new tires this fall and I don't want the same thing to happen to them!

img_0004-res.jpg   img_0005-res.jpg  
Hemi - QDII - OME - S4XC Hidden Winch Mount -Talon 9.5SR - Full Matrix - 265/70/17 Duratrac's - Pintlers- Superchips - Magnaflow - Airaid - 5000k HIDs - Lightforce HID's - 4xG Front Guard - 4XG Diff Cover
Pac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Discman03
2008 WK 

Did you have an alignment done after the lift was installed? I had mine aligned right after installation because it was way off.
Discman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
colinzj
2006 WK 

Like Discman said, the fix is an alignment. Unless they weren't able to bring the alignment back in spec, no, new control arms won't fix it.
Unread 09-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
NotDamian

Speaking of alignment, I have to go to a "special" 4x4 shop to get mine aligned because I have no idea what te specs are supposed to be. Does anyone know what the specs are? (Sorry for hi-jacking)
NotDamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
skibum555
2005 WK 

About to buy new tires and would like some info also, I also have spacers and most tire shops wont mess with my Jeep because its a "safety Concern"
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum555 View Post
About to buy new tires and would like some info also, I also have spacers and most tire shops wont mess with my Jeep because its a "safety Concern"
Take the wheels/tires in and have them mounted and balanced as carry ins.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.