OME HD or MD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > OME HD or MD

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
eprovenzano
2005 WK 

OME HD or MD

I like many others have questioned which lift would better suite our needs. I researched, and researched, asked a lot of questions, and in the end I listened to those that have previously installed the kits. I also took the advice of Kolak (who I purchased the kit through) and followed his recommendations.

I have a 05 WK with a 4.7 V8 and 85,000 miles. I was still on the original shock, struts, springs etc. I liked the way the jeep rode, and was concerned the HD kit would be too harsh, too stiff, too much like an old F250... Based on all recommendations I received, I purchased the OME HD lift kit and installed it over the weekend. I've had a little chance to cruise the highways to test it out, and in case your wondering, no I haven’t had it off-road ... yet.

1st, let me put those fears to rest about the ride. With the HD kit, the ride is now firm, not harsh, and not stiff, but firm (definitely an upgrade). The body roll which I didn't really notice before is gone. It's a very smooth ride, a very comfortable ride. I'm really glad I listened to everyone, and went with the HD kit. I put a lot of highway miles on my jeep, and foresee this as a huge upgrade.

I pulled up to a stop light next to a stock WK... the look from the driver was priceless... He kept looking at my Jeep, and then back to his, and back to mine, as if to say what the hell is going on here...

If I had to this all over again, without hesitation I'd get the OME HD kit.

Before with new rims, tires and spacers installed.

Parts have arrived

After with new stance and new attitude

eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Moose25
2008 WK 

Glad you are happy with it, I cant wait to get mine on!
[CENTER][FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="Black"]OME HD : BFG MUD TERRAIN KM2's 285/70/17 : JK AEV PINTLERS 17" : K&N FIPK : MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER : AIRAID TBS: PW / RF MOD: HYPERTECH PROGRAMMED: THULE MOAB/SNOWBOARD/BIKE RACK[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][LEFT][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][I]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Black"]snowboard.dirt bike.wakeboard.backpack.hike.4x4.mountain bike.
ITS A JEEP THING[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/LEFT][CENTER][SIZE="2"][B][FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Silver"]SEMPER FIDELIS[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Moose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
bhawks28
2009 WK 

How many inches did you gain? I've heard anywhere from 1.5" - 3" and I'm curious what it really yields. I'm going to be getting the OME HD soon enough.
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
trax95008
Web Wheeler
2006 XK Commander 

I got 3" up front and 2" in the rear with HD on my HEMI XK.
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
eprovenzano
2005 WK 

The front is close to 3 inches while the rear is around 2 to 2.5 inches. The rake is reduced giving the jeep the stance it should had had from the factory.
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.