OME HD + front strut plate + rear spacer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > OME HD + front strut plate + rear spacer

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! 1976-1986 Jeep CJ7 with Adjustable Vent Windows Weatherstr50" LED CREE Light Bar Pair With Wiring Kit

Unread 03-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Lifted_up
2009 JK Wrangler 

OME HD + front strut plate + rear spacer

Ok so here's what I had in mind. I was thinking of installing the front .25 strut plate to bring up the front of my wk up .5" and installing either a .78" or 1.18" rear jdm spacer on top of the rear ome coils. I would just have to take some measurements to find the right size spacer for the rear and then order it. Anybody think I would have any problems with the rear angles with the ome and spacer. The way I see it, the coils settled after I installed them but not immediately and the WK was at that height anyway and had no problems. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Uretha...item746b142f74

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Uretha...item746ab1d478

[09 JKU Rubicon][4.5" lift][Synergy draglink flip kit][Bushwacker flat flares][18x9 Black Eagle Alloy 197 Wheels][35" Nitto Trail Grapplers][Warrior Front Stubby Bumper w/Hidden Winch Mount][Smittybilt X20 10 Comp Series Winch][Paramount Restyling Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier][Adams Front DS][SC Flashpaq][PureJeep C Gussets][Nitro Sleeves]
Lifted_up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

It will work! Do it!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Lifted_up
2009 JK Wrangler 

When I first installed my ome and had 265/70/17's I measured 37.5 from ground to fender in the front and now with 285's and settled springs I measure 37" from ground to fender. The 285's added approximately .5" in lift so does that mean the springs settled approximately 1"? Think I could add 2 strut plates to the front because that's how high it was before the springs settled and things were fine? Just thinking...
[09 JKU Rubicon][4.5" lift][Synergy draglink flip kit][Bushwacker flat flares][18x9 Black Eagle Alloy 197 Wheels][35" Nitto Trail Grapplers][Warrior Front Stubby Bumper w/Hidden Winch Mount][Smittybilt X20 10 Comp Series Winch][Paramount Restyling Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier][Adams Front DS][SC Flashpaq][PureJeep C Gussets][Nitro Sleeves]
Unread 03-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

You would have to swap out the 8 strut bolts (4 per strut) up top to do that. The stock ones only have enough extra thread for 1 plate.

Unread 03-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
Lifted_up
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah...thanks omelet. Luckily most of the strut bolts on mine are already swapped out because some snapped from me overtightening them...lol. It was fun having to take off everything again. Lesson learned! I'm thinking that would put me up to 38" in the front and a tad higher in the rear.
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Sounds like you don't know your own strength!

I have swapped all of mine out for grade 8 bolts. If you decide to do the same make sure you tack weld them to the plate. That way they wont free spin when you try to tighten them up during install or even better, so that you can get them back out!

Unread 03-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
Lifted_up
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah....not knowing my own strength happens alot...haha.
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
jager00
2005 WK 

This is what I was just talking about. That everyone said don't do

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
overboostin
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jager00 View Post
This is what I was just talking about. That everyone said don't do
Theres a big difference between .25" and a 2" budget boost. How about halfway and get the rustys .5" spacer so it raises it up 1" in the front? haha.

Don't Tread On Me
overboostin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #10
Lifted_up
2009 JK Wrangler 

It kinda makes sense to me that it would be ok with 2 strut plates on the front because that's the height I was at when I first installed the OME HD springs. I don't see a big problem with it. The rear should be ok also I am thinking because I would only add another 1" or so. The WK rode fine at the initial OME HD height and then settled so I lost some height. I don't see a problem with getting it back. Hope I am making sense.
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
overboostin
2008 WK 

Do you think those spacers will be strong enough to support to weight of the Jeep? Looks like all the cars they're listed for are small like civics.

Don't Tread On Me
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
jager00
2005 WK 

Im getting a. 25 front spacer from jba on sunday

Unread 03-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
overboostin
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jager00 View Post
Im getting a. 25 front spacer from jba on sunday
Awesome. Post pictures and everything. With the OME+spacer it'll be 3.5" of lift?

Don't Tread On Me
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
Lifted_up
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboostin View Post
Do you think those spacers will be strong enough to support to weight of the Jeep? Looks like all the cars they're listed for are small like civics.
I'm pretty sure they would be strong enough. They are urethane which is what alot of other spacers are made of. If not, I am pretty sure I can find another 1" spacer which would work fine. I'm not too worried about it.
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
jager00
2005 WK 

I have the disapointing rk lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.