Okay....... next on the list! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Okay....... next on the list!

ECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGSSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 11-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
caiati
2006 WK 

Okay....... next on the list!

Okay all... Just as an update, I have a 2006 4.7L. I have done the RC lift, tires, K&N intake and magnaflow exhaust. I have noticed that since the bigger tires, my transmission is even more confused than it was before. Meaning it searches for gears in my mountain/hills area. I've noticed that if I hit the tow/haul button, the tranny is much more solid and overall less sluggish.

i expected some power loss for the bigger tires which is okay with me, but I want a little of the power back. The magnaflow didn't make a vast improvement as I expected but does sound much better. I am not looking to spend a fortune so headers are out of the question....

I was thinking maybe a throttle body spacer and possibly a tuner. I've read all over this forum that most of the tuners are a complete waste of time. I also saw a post regarding an SCT tuner which is what I had for my diesel truck. The tuner was amazing with custom tunes but I called SCT and they do not make anything for the 4.7..... Any of you masterminds have thoughts or recommendations regarding the throttle body spacer or a tuner?? Am I just wasting my time and money by getting either? Advice please from those with actual experience with the products.... Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.