Oil Pan Removal Issues - 05 Laredo 3.7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Oil Pan Removal Issues - 05 Laredo 3.7

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
Clo

Oil Pan Removal Issues - 05 Laredo 3.7

Ok - I've been at this for quite a while. I've read all the horror stories about oil pan issues and steps to removing this. I tackled this on my wife's 05 Laredo 3.7. I followed everything as directed by the FSM. Currently the motor is lifted for clearance and I have removed all the bolts from the oil pan. There is about a .5" opening all around the oil pan but it will simply not come off. Again, motor is lifted already so there is room to drop however it is stuck. I have tugged and wiggled it but something seems to be holding it. I am tempted to pry it off but afraid I might break something.

Need some expert advice please!

- Clo

Clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Your caught on the oil pickup and may not have enough clearance to wiggle it enough to gain enough room to unbolt the pickup tube.
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Clo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Your caught on the oil pickup and may not have enough clearance to wiggle it enough to gain enough room to unbolt the pickup tube.
Oil pickup? Are you saying I need to unbolt the pickup tube the the pan to drop? What happens if I pull on the pan? I have spacing all around the pan but it seems to be stuck on something. I pull forward and backwards but it is not releasing. Can I simply pry it off??? What damage can I do?
Clo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.