Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Oil Pan Removal Issues - 05 Laredo 3.7

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Clo 
#1 ·
Ok - I've been at this for quite a while. I've read all the horror stories about oil pan issues and steps to removing this. I tackled this on my wife's 05 Laredo 3.7. I followed everything as directed by the FSM. Currently the motor is lifted for clearance and I have removed all the bolts from the oil pan. There is about a .5" opening all around the oil pan but it will simply not come off. Again, motor is lifted already so there is room to drop however it is stuck. I have tugged and wiggled it but something seems to be holding it. I am tempted to pry it off but afraid I might break something.

Need some expert advice please!

- Clo

#3 ·
Oil pickup? Are you saying I need to unbolt the pickup tube the the pan to drop? What happens if I pull on the pan? I have spacing all around the pan but it seems to be stuck on something. I pull forward and backwards but it is not releasing. Can I simply pry it off??? What damage can I do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.