2009 Engine, 4.7L / Lubrication / PAN, Oil/Removal
You didn't specify an engine so I chose directions for the 4.7. (You still have to raise the engine some, and take off the axle.) This is from the service manual.
09 - Engine, 4.7L / Lubrication / PAN, Oil/Removal
8534B - Fixture, Driveline Support
SEE FIRST PICTURE
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Install engine support fixture (1) special tool 8534B . Do not raise engine at this time.
SEE SECOND PICTURE
3. Loosen both left and right side engine mount through bolts (3). Do not remove bolts.
SEE THIRD PICTURE
4. Remove the structural dust cover.
5. Drain engine oil.
SEE FOURTH PICTURE
CAUTION: Only raise the engine enough to provide clearance for oil pan removal. Check for proper clearance at fan shroud to fan and cowl to intake manifold.
6. Raise engine using special tool (1) 8534B to provide clearance to remove oil pan.
SEE FIFTH PICTURE
7. Remove the front axle.
NOTE: Do not pry on oil pan or oil pan gasket. Gasket is integral to engine windage tray and does not come out with oil pan.
8. Remove the oil pan mounting bolts and oil pan.
9. Unbolt oil pump pickup tube and remove tube.
10. Inspect the integral windage tray and gasket and replace as needed.
Chrysler Group LLC