Oil Drain plug lacation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Oil Drain plug lacation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
hjasq

Oil Drain plug lacation

Sorry if this is a real stupid question.I have an '05 GC Limited with 5.7l engine.I always do my own oil changes(this is my 4th Cherokee) but I crawled under the car and can not find the oil drain plug(DUH). Can somebady clue me in as to its location? TIA

hjasq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
05HemiQuadII

The plug is on the passenger side of the pan, towards the rear of the pan. Easiest if you take off the plastic skid plate, loosen the front (2) 13mm bolts, and remove the rear two bolts then slide it forward and drop it down. This gives you access to the pan and filter area. Good luck getting the PITA filter off. Wix filter is 51085, and you'll need 7 qts of 5W20.
05HemiQuadII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #3
hjasq

Thanks a lot for your info.I bot the filter and oil just could not locate drain plug.See what you are talking about re PITA filter.Looks like a lot of 4 letter words will be involved.Thanks again.
hjasq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
HurriJeff
2005 WK 

Mine has the skid plate and mine is aligned with one of the access holes. Quite convinent actually! And the little flter drain lip keeps the oil from dumping onto the frame cross member.. Actually easier than my 4.0 6cyl because its all done from the bottom. I do wish it had a larger filter.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
T-Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriJeff
How can I delete duplicate posts ??
You can't. The best you can do is edit the original post and replace all the text with something like [deleted].

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L • Bells • Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks • Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails • Flowmaster 70 • 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.