Offroad LEDs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Offroad LEDs

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
toymachine456
2006 WK 

Offroad LEDs

What LEDs should I buy looking for pods specifically but there are some many companies out there. Rigid I've heard good things but they are quite expensive. I want the most bang for my buck. Another company called illumination LEDs offer what they claim to have more lumens then rigid and are quite cheapers. I'm open to all opinions!!

Silver WK Club Member #81
toymachine456 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I have Crawl Offroad LEDs they are comparable to Rigid for half the price and are made by the same manufacture as Seward and Tough Lite.

This is the 1016 (pod type on windshield mounts) and 1090 (behind the grill)
20130918_212222_resized-1-.jpg

ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine456 View Post
What LEDs should I buy looking for pods specifically but there are some many companies out there. Rigid I've heard good things but they are quite expensive. I want the most bang for my buck. Another company called illumination LEDs offer what they claim to have more lumens then rigid and are quite cheapers. I'm open to all opinions!!
Ask those cheaper LED company's about there warranty.

Then compare to the lifetime warranty offered by company's like Rigid,Vision X,and Baja Designs,not to mention the 3 company's I just mentioned are likely to be around in 10+ years and those cheap knockoff company's come and go on a yearly basis.
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post

Ask those cheaper LED company's about there warranty.

Then compare to the lifetime warranty offered by company's like Rigid,Vision X,and Baja Designs,not to mention the 3 company's I just mentioned are likely to be around in 10+ years and those cheap knockoff company's come and go on a yearly basis.
Crawl Offroad LEDs have a lifetime defect warrenty.
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Crawl Offroad LEDs have a lifetime defect warrenty.
No warranty info on there website,guess it's not that important.IP67 rating,no thermo heat protection,and glass lenses I'll pass and pay for the top tier LED chips instead of the bottom bin chips.
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:

No warranty info on there website,guess it's not that important.IP67 rating,no thermo heat protection,and glass lenses I'll pass and pay for the top tier LED chips instead of the bottom bin chips.
Bottom of the bin? I will take offense to that, because I would never sell, little less put my name on anything that was bottom of the bin. Not sure of you can't read or just don't know what polycarbonate is, but it is not glass. I've sold a lot of these lights, never had an issue nor a dissatisfied customer, I run them myself, even though I get Rigid at dealer cost. You keep paying to have the name rigid on your lights.
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk View Post
Bottom of the bin? I will take offense to that, because I would never sell, little less put my name on anything that was bottom of the bin. Not sure of you can't read or just don't know what polycarbonate is, but it is not glass. I've sold a lot of these lights, never had an issue nor a dissatisfied customer, I run them myself, even though I get Rigid at dealer cost. You keep paying to have the name rigid on your lights.
It's actually true.The company's that make the LED chips rate the chips and put them into bins.The high end ones cost more and the "barely" passes chips go into that bottom bin and sold for cheap.Company's in china that make the knockoff versions of Rigid and Vision X LED lights buy the cheap chips and subpar construction so they can sell at a much cheaper price.

Sorry your not getting the same LED chip in those cheap lights as you'd get in Rigid or Vision X.Just search on google and all those knockoff LED company's may have a few good reviews but far more bad ones when it comes to product support(and quality) and customer service.

I consider LED lightbars to be an investment which will outlast my Jeep.It's kinda like going to advance auto parts and choosing between a MOOG ball joint or there "house brand" driveworks ball joint.May look the same but the MOOG will always be better in the long run.
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
giulio17

I bought a rigid industries 20" light bar and I couldn't be happier. It's a great product and you can tell it was well constructed. It's hard to tell how bright the LEDs are until you actually install it. My next investment is going to be Seward pods. I heard some really good things about them.
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

^^x2 I've heard great things about Seward as well and plan on purchasing them, given that Rigid is just out of my price range at the moment.
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
toymachine456
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk

I haven't even checked out your lights yet! But I plan to later tonight! Still love the 4xguard rear sliders you sold me and also thank you for the deal again. I will most certainly rate your high and the customer service of crawl offroad.
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #11
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:

It's actually true.The company's that make the LED chips rate the chips and put them into bins.The high end ones cost more and the "barely" passes chips go into that bottom bin and sold for cheap.Company's in china that make the knockoff versions of Rigid and Vision X LED lights buy the cheap chips and subpar construction so they can sell at a much cheaper price.

Sorry your not getting the same LED chip in those cheap lights as you'd get in Rigid or Vision X.Just search on google and all those knockoff LED company's may have a few good reviews but far more bad ones when it comes to product support(and quality) and customer service.

I consider LED lightbars to be an investment which will outlast my Jeep.It's kinda like going to advance auto parts and choosing between a MOOG ball joint or there "house brand" driveworks ball joint.May look the same but the MOOG will always be better in the long run.
I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of companies before I picked a manufacture before I chose one, these are absolutely not bottom of the barrel, I keep the price low so people can afford them, there isn't much profit in the lights I sell. I will put my lights up against Rigid any day.
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine456 View Post

I haven't even checked out your lights yet! But I plan to later tonight! Still love the 4xguard rear sliders you sold me and also thank you for the deal again. I will most certainly rate your high and the customer service of crawl offroad.
Thank you for the kind words.
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #13
toymachine456
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca07wk
I have Crawl Offroad LEDs they are comparable to Rigid for half the price and are made by the same manufacture as Seward and Tough Lite.

This is the 1016 (pod type on windshield mounts) and 1090 (behind the grill)
Do you think the 1060's would be a good fit for the aspen creek windshield mounts? They recommend using a light that is 3" in depth maximum.
Unread 09-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #14
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

I have a set on custom mounts and they look good.
Unread 09-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #15
giulio17

If u can post the windshield light pics that would be great
giulio17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.