off roading rausch creek help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 Old 12-14-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
mattydipps
2006 WK 

If I'm going with a 265 tire does that mean I need a 265 spare or can I keep my 245 as a spare

Sold-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
If I'm going with a 265 tire does that mean I need a 265 spare or can I keep my 245 as a spare
If you want a "full size" spare running 265's you'll need a 265 spare.

~Mike~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM
post #18 of 22 Old 12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
at RC as long as you have a spare they wont say much. how many wranglers have you seen riding around with a stock 235 with 33s or bigger? youll see some of those up RC lol. a 245 should be just fine.

2007.5 WK Laredo 4.7
OEM+

post #19 of 22 Old 12-14-2011, 05:43 PM
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
at RC as long as you have a spare they wont say much. how many wranglers have you seen riding around with a stock 235 with 33s or bigger? youll see some of those up RC lol. a 245 should be just fine.
However this is where you get into the debate of whether or not our "AWD" system can handle it. The most definitive answer I've heard is that a jeep engineer said it will compensate for the size difference to a point (slow and not very far). For me I'd use it to get off the highway and that's about it, no point in putting unnecessary strain on pretty expensive components.

To be safe I'd pick up a cheap used tire and have it mounted. Ebay has them cheap shipped with 2-5/8ths tread left. I plan on getting one off there eventually. Worn down tread will also help it fit in the stock location a little better!

-Sold 3/13. Replaced by 2010 VW Jetta 2.5-
2005 WK 3.7L Laredo. RC 2", 265 70 17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2's. Class III OEM hitch added. Bilstein Struts. Monroe Load Levelers (58643).
Blue WK Club Member #32
post #20 of 22 Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Robb286
2006 WK 

Alright so ive been reading all of these. Ive been to rausch to back in oct and i still plan on going down jan 15th. Im running 265/65 nittos under a 2inch lift so you'll be fine with 265/70s. I only have stock skids and i was fine running the green and some blue trails but just know your limits and you'll be good. The last thing is recovery points are a must to go down there. Like CmmdrDan said if you get stuck your in deep sh**.
post #21 of 22 Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

2015 JK Wrangler 

I love Rausch. Possibly my favorite place to wheel. However, I've only had modified Jeeps at Rausch, never been there stock so I can't comment on the Greens specifically. I personally love the NJ Pine Barrens. I think you will as well. Check out Wharton State Park and the Batsto area. Go with someone who knows the trails. Avoid the water (deep or not), and avoid the area known as "The 1/4 Mile". Just head down there with some friends and a "guide", cruise around, have lunch out in the middle of nowhere, and enjoy yourselves. Make sure to have a full tank of gas when going in. Bring some food and drinks too. Check your oil level and make sure to have a spare quart or two - ask me why! lol.

<--- Note my avatar, that's my last TJ while we were at Rausch on the rocks at the competition course - great view!

Regarding "requirements" - at least in the Pines, but at RC too:
-Front/rear tow points.
-Full size spare is nice to have (again ask me how I know)
-A CB or FRS radio's as cell service is very limited
-Spare parts/oil/coolant/water (JUST in case)
-First aid kit (at least one in the group)
-Sway bar disconnects to keep those front tires on the ground
-Recovery strap(s) - I highly recommend the ARB snatch straps
-Lots of etc... I could go on for a while lol...

Just remember - HAVE FUN and be safe!

Rausch Rules:
Quote:
Rules and Regulations

1) Before entering the park, members are required to check in at the Office, pay admission, and pick-up a wristband and vehicle tag.

b. GROUPS SHOULD EXCHANGE CELL NUMBERS SO THEY CAN CONTACT EACH OTHER IN THE EVENT OF LATE ARRIVALS. It will be up to each group to send someone back to the office to pick up late arrivals. So please exchange cell phone numbers with each other.

2) The minimum group size is two vehicles.

3) Members shall keep their membership card with them at all times and keep their wristband on during their visit. Vehicles must have the proper vehicle tag in plain sight.

4) Members wishing to camp overnight prior to their day of wheeling must make appropriate arrangements prior to their visit. Campers who are still in the park past 10:00 a.m. the following day shall be required to pay for that additional day.

5) Seatbelt use is mandatory.

6) All vehicles should have at least one towpoint and a full-size spare.

7) All street legal vehicles must be insured. All drivers must hold a valid drivers license and be covered by an automobile insurance policy. Competition rigs are welcome.

8) No littering. Pack in and pack out everything. Designated campfire areas are for cooking and burning of firewood only. All campfires must be put out when leaving the camping area. Check at the Office for any Burn Ban advisories.

9) Quiet hours at the camping areas are 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.

10) All vehicles must be off the trails by DUSK, except for repair or recovery purposes. Nighttime wheeling is prohibited!

11) Anyone observed drinking and driving will permanently lose their membership privileges and their affiliated club will be sanctioned. No alcohol is allowed on the property except for the camping area. Alcohol may be consumed only AFTER you are done wheeling for the day and only in the camping area. Do not walk around the comp course with alcohol. Do not drive around the trails with alcohol in your vehicle, leave it at camp.

12) Stay on designated trails. Do not park vehicles where they might block a trail. Do not drive past the park's boundary markers or around gates. Cross streams only at designated stream crossings. Traffic may cross over or drive upon the Water Line only where it is part of a designated trail. Avoid bushwacking around muddy trails so we can keep our muddy trails muddy. Members should not drive through the hunt club's food plots. If you stack rocks to get through an obstacle, UNSTACK them please!!

13) Members should check the posted map at the Office for information about possible trail closures and updates on new trails.

Any person observing a violation of these rules or any unsafe or suspect behavior will report it to their club representative or a Park officer as soon as possible.

Members who disregard the rules of Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, or pose a safety threat to themselves or other Members, will be ejected from the park without a refund. Repeated violations will result in loss of membership.

Park Contact Info:
Lynn 570-640-0194
Bruce 610-842-3596

Seltzer's Towing (AAA) 570-739-0050

NEAREST HOSPITAL: Pottsville Hospital 570-621-5060. Get on 81 North. Take the St. Clair exit. Stay on Route 61 for 7 miles into Pottsville. At Dunkin Donuts make a LEFT. Go up the hill about 3 blocks and hospital is on the left.

-Rick R
-2015 JKU - 3.5" JKS JSPEC Kontrol, 315/70R17" MTZ's, 17x9" Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme's, JCR bumpers & skids, JW Speaker tails, Dirty Dog netting/screens, Quadratec Auto Mirror Movers, etc
-03 VW Golf TDI - Diesel
-

-FDNY 9/11/01 - All gave some. Some gave all.
post #22 of 22 Old 12-15-2011, 09:30 PM
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ive been to rausch a bunch of times, i wheel blacks, next time i go out ill be doing blacks and reds. You could have a lot of fun staying on greens, but with good skids, and recovery, you could run blues.

Like the others said, if youve never been offroad before, take it easy and stay on greens, once you build up some skill and confidence, try out blues.

EDIT: Careful with those duratracs in the rocks, the sidewalls slice easliy.

Waggy 44s, chromo shafts, 4.88s, spools, mid arm 3 link, 35" kevlars

2012 Cherokee of the Year

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.