Off Roading & Brush Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Off Roading & Brush Question

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 12-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
chriscalcaterra
2006 WK 

Off Roading & Brush Question

I took the old girl off road two weekends ago when I went hunting in Upstate, New York; my parents have a place up there. There are a bunch of logging trails that go up into the mountains at the end of our road, so my cousin and I figured we'd go check that out. The trails were cut and pretty wide, but there was overgrowth on the sides of the trail (Shrubs, grass, saplings). Needless to say the paint on my truck ended up getting scuffed, not scratched, but scuffed.

Is there anything on the market that can help alleviate this problem? I was looking at this option another member was talking about:

4xGUARD : Matrix Brush Guard - Modular brush guard, push guard for Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander

But I'm not sure if those "Brush Guards" really guard against anything. The scuffs I suffered really weren't on the nose of the car, it was all along the sides, doors and rear quarters. My question is, are there any solutions to help prevent this or keep the scuffs down? Or is it just the nature of the beast and I have to break out the polishing compound every time I go out wheeling and encounter this?

Thanks,

2006 GC Overland | 5.7L Hemi w/QDII | 2'' BDS Lift | 31.5'' Bridgestone Revo 2's | SuperChips (87 Octane Tune) | Bilstein Shocks | Stock Skids | Magnaflow Muffler (11226) | Stillen Pads/Rotors | Kicker System |
chriscalcaterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
CmmdrDan

you could always rhino line the sides but other then that i dont think there is anything out there
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
Mainsail
2005 WK 

On mine, the scuffs are in the wax or clearcoat. Easily fixed with another coat of wax.
Unread 12-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

I've got a ton of pinstripes from the south Texas scrub, real nasty-thorny stuff, and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it. The brush guards, which I had on my WJ, do nothing to help.

A good wax can take care of most of it.

If you want to get wild, you could possibly wrap the Jeep.
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas WJ View Post
If you want to get wild, you could possibly wrap the Jeep.
The first thing I noticed on that page was the text below the picture:
"Looks better then paint"

Sheesh.

Looking over some of the other text blocks on the page, it has all the credibility of an email I received from a Nigerian Prince who wants to share $100,000,000,000 with me.

EDIT to clarify: It should say, "Looks better than paint"
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
CmmdrDan

well duhhhh..the paint can get bubbles, and dust and other things under it and the the whole job is ruined. but with our stickers that isnt possible!!!
yes i know it is possible with both but they are selling this stuff to you..to try to put on yourself..
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
chriscalcaterra
2006 WK 

I was looking at the photo of the wrangler they have with the "Looks better then paint" blurb and was expecting to see a disclaimer under it:

*this vehicle has been painted specifically for this photo shoot and in no way represents our product and/or installation results.
2006 GC Overland | 5.7L Hemi w/QDII | 2'' BDS Lift | 31.5'' Bridgestone Revo 2's | SuperChips (87 Octane Tune) | Bilstein Shocks | Stock Skids | Magnaflow Muffler (11226) | Stillen Pads/Rotors | Kicker System |
chriscalcaterra is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.