Oducks build thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Oducks build thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #121
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/c...s-too-1505341/

| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #122
oducks12
2005 WK 

Just an update, if anyone hasn't seen the other thread: Meeting this Saturday at the Boulder Home Depot on 29th at 1:00. Heading to Left Hand. Should be a fun trip!
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #123
LincolnTyler
2007 WK 

Hey oducks12, great job with your Jeep!! It's given me much inspiration!! Thanks for sharing! Just starting out with mine and I was curious, when installing your quick fist rubber clamps in the hatch, what type of screw did you use? And did you have any concerns of puncturing anything behind the molding? Thanks in advance!!
|2007 3.7l | Light Khaki/Sandstone | 2" RC | JK take off's | 265/70/17 DuraTrac's | Expanded Sheet Metal Grill Mod | Pinch Weld | EBC Rotors | Hawk Ceramics | Bilstein 5100 rears | Khaki Club #66 | Cabin Air Filter | Stickers...
LincolnTyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #124
oducks12
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnTyler View Post
Hey oducks12, great job with your Jeep!! It's given me much inspiration!! Thanks for sharing! Just starting out with mine and I was curious, when installing your quick fist rubber clamps in the hatch, what type of screw did you use? And did you have any concerns of puncturing anything behind the molding? Thanks in advance!!
Hi Lincoln,

Thanks! I used self tapping screws, they have been holding up very well. Before I mounted the quick fists I removed the panel enough that I could see behind and be sure that I wasn't going to hit anything I didn't want to. Just something to be cautious about though, My liftgate struts were going bad, and with the added weight from the ax it wouldn't stay open anymore. New struts solved the problem though.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #125
oducks12
2005 WK 

Had a great run up Left Hand canyon on Saturday with R4TCHET. I have to say that qt1 did more than I ever thought it could. I had my tires aired down to 18 psi which I'm sure helped a lot. Here are some photos, I took some GoPro videos too but I havent had a chance to edit them yet. Also, take a look at the bad*** Ford airport van that came up the most difficult trail of them all. Unfortunately I didn't get any good photos of the most difficult parts, next time I'll try harder to remember.
imag0093.jpg   imag0097.jpg   imag0099.jpg   imag0102.jpg   imag0105.jpg  

imag0111.jpg  

Unread 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #126
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

I bet once you get those 3.73 gears you will be making it up those rocks with no problem.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #127
LincolnTyler
2007 WK 

Quote:
Hi Lincoln,

Thanks! I used self tapping screws, they have been holding up very well. Before I mounted the quick fists I removed the panel enough that I could see behind and be sure that I wasn't going to hit anything I didn't want to. Just something to be cautious about though, My liftgate struts were going bad, and with the added weight from the ax it wouldn't stay open anymore. New struts solved the problem though.
Awesome! I will take a peek before I drill to make sure I don't hit anything I don't want to. My liftgate struts seem to be in pretty good shape (compared to my WJ) but I will keep an eye on them. Thanks for the heads up!! Great pics from the weekend!!
|2007 3.7l | Light Khaki/Sandstone | 2" RC | JK take off's | 265/70/17 DuraTrac's | Expanded Sheet Metal Grill Mod | Pinch Weld | EBC Rotors | Hawk Ceramics | Bilstein 5100 rears | Khaki Club #66 | Cabin Air Filter | Stickers...
LincolnTyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #128
oducks12
2005 WK 

Well guys, it's been fun! Sold the Jeep to a guy here in town today. Got what I was asking for it and am glad it is going to a good home. Picked up a Tacoma TRD (yes, turd I know) Off Road. I'll still be on here though. I'm sad to see the WK go, but need a truck for work. Just want to say thanks to all of you that gave me such great advice and ideas, I sure do appreciate it. And who knows, maybe one day I'll be back in a WK. But a HEMI!

Unread 05-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #129
oducks12
2005 WK 

Well have been without the jeep for a week, things I miss and things I don't. I'm wondering though, has anyone compared the off road ability of a qd2 wk vs trd Tacoma? I took the Tacoma out the other day and its worlds more capable than a qt1 wk, but I don't have much experience with the qd2 rigs.

Unread 05-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #130
oducks12
2005 WK 

Also here is a pic of the jeep with the Tacoma.

forumrunner_20130507_152748.jpg

Unread 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #131
05armywk
2005 WK 

Hey oducks12 do you have any plans as far as modding the taco??
05armywk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #132
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oducks12 View Post
I took the Tacoma out the other day and its worlds more capable than a qt1 wk, but I don't have much experience with the qd2 rigs.
My buddy has a QTI WK. While its very impressive, my QDII makes stuff he struggles with (or just can't climb) look like a cake walk, especially if I throw it in 4-low and practically idle through it. I'd happily put that Tacoma to the test. Not in terms of saying "my vehicle is better", more so saying "it's always fun to get out wheeling and see if we can one-up each other on obstacles".
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #133
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

I guided a trd Tacoma up left hand (not as far as you wen in the wk) and it did a pretty good job but qdII is essentially lockers so its hard to compare anything to it. I think the taco would be more closely related to QTII which I have but I don't know. Speaking of which, we should hit LHC with your new one soon and I know of some possible flex spots that would put it to the test. Ill txt you next time I'm headed up, most likely Friday or Saturday. You plan on lifting?

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #134
WieSeL

I have a qd2 and saw a trd Tacoma at a local ohv park last week. It had a leveling kit and my wk is bone stock. Trd was able to.get up things I didn't have clearance for. If I had a lift and we had the same clearance then different story. Qd2 has front and rear lockers where as the toyo has just rear. My buddy has a lifted 4runner on 33s and stock 4.30 gears and that thing is a tank! Toyos are very capable off road for sure
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #135
paroxysym
2007 WK 

another one bites the dust...

i see tacos around here and it seems they standard set up is a set of 33s and a small lift and i think they look legit. im sure they are very capable. best of luck and keep us updated on the progress of the rig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.