Oducks build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Oducks build thread

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 07-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #31
oducks12
2005 WK 

Bummer! Glad to hear of Oregon fans across the globe!

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
oducks12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
oducks12
2005 WK 

I received my stripes and badges from rebadge design a couple of days ago and finally got a chance to put them on this morning. They look great, but I'm not sure about the factory pin striping. I removed the stripes from behind the stickers obviously but mIght end up just removing the rest.

I scored a sweet pair of Alpine type R subwoofers and a Kenwood amp from my roommate. Went to my local audio shop to ask about amp wiring kits and ended up walking out with a free install! They were shooting a new commercial and asked if they could use my Jeep in it, so of course I said yes! All I had to pay for were the wires.

Here are some crappy phone pics from this morning. One of these days I'll head out with my camera and do a real photo shoot.
image-2917574676.jpg   image-1977431673.jpg   image-2718431305.jpg  
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Silver WK Club Member #35 | 2005 WK 3.7 Laredo | Hypertech 52001 programmer | K&N Intake | Magnaflow 50 series muffler | Navigation | Rola rack | 2 Hella 500ff's behind grill | 2 KC Daylighters on roof | ARB on board air compressor | 265 70 17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's | Pinch weld and rear fender trim | Spidertrax 1.5" spacers | expanded metal grill | LED stack lights | Monroe LL shocks | Bilstein HD struts | Rough Country 2" lift | Kenwood amp w/ two Alpine type R 10" subs[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"]See How It Was Made [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/oducks-build-thread-1385731/"][B][COLOR="Black"]HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #33
Rob 99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would vote to remove the factory striping. The rebadge stuff looks cool. Is it just on the driver side or both sides?

07' WK Silver 5.7 QD2, Bilsteins & front strut plates.
Rob 99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #34
oducks12
2005 WK 

It's on both sides. I'll get around to removing the striping one of these days... Ha

Unread 07-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #35
oducks12
2005 WK 

Today was a good day; scored a Hypertech programmer off of eBay for $41 bucks, and test fit a pair of Duratracs. Pretty sure I'll head back tomorrow and pull the trigger on them. Excited for tomorrow!

Unread 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #36
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Just crawled your build - you've done some nice work here. Keep the updates coming!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #37
oducks12
2005 WK 

Got my new Goodyear Duratrac's mounted and installed today, I'm thrilled with how they look and drive. Of course I don't have time to take good photos, as I'm off to a bbq, but here are some phone pics.
photo.jpg   photo-copy.jpg   photo-copy-2.jpg  

Unread 07-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #38
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

Dude, those duratracs totally make it. Great choice!! Your on a roll, whats next? Ha
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #39
oducks12
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
Dude, those duratracs totally make it. Great choice!! Your on a roll, whats next? Ha
Next up will probably be some skid plates. I've been nervous to do anything too crazy off road yet due to the complete lack of protection underneath. I'm thinking 4xguard front, belly and t-case and then the Mopar steels. It'll take me a while to save up for all that though. lol

Unread 08-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #40
oducks12
2005 WK 

Took a trip to Seattle this last weekend to drop off a Uhaul full of my stuff in preparation for the move to Colorado (gf lives in Seattle, she's driving a bigger Uhaul with everything). The Jeep did great considering the amount of stuff in the trailer, and it being the puny v6. I averaged 11.9 mpg for 320 miles. Unfortunately my Hypertech programmer didn't show up before I left, but at least it gave me something to look forward to when I got back. After programming for the regular octane fuel I'm averaging about 15 in town and 18.5 on the highway doing 65. I also found a wood chip pile that let me test the fit of the rear wheels in the fender, I think that it fits pretty well but I'm going to do the trim mod just to be on the safe side. This Friday I move to CO, cant wait to throw some armor on and hit the trails!
photo.jpg   photo-copy-2.jpg   photo-copy-3.jpg   photo-copy.jpg  

Unread 08-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #41
Jvenrick

2007 WK 

I hear ya on the armor. Drive safe to Colorado, where you moving again?
2007 Grand Cherokee Rocky Mountain Edition: 4.7L V8- QTII- Green- Mopar Recovery Hooks Front/Rear- 2in Rough Country lift- 265/70/17 Cooper discover AT3's- 1in BORA wheel spacers- Rola roof basket with extension- F-150 Monroe load levelers- Putco window vents- plasti-dipped wheels- Stillen rotors and pads- solid diff cover- N Dure tail light guards
Jvenrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #42
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Hey oducks,
I really really love the look of your tires! Did you notice any significant drop in MPGs?
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #43
oducks12
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvenrick View Post
I hear ya on the armor. Drive safe to Colorado, where you moving again?
Im heading to Louisville, just south of Boulder!

Unread 08-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #44
oducks12
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Hey oducks,
I really really love the look of your tires! Did you notice any significant drop in MPGs?
Surprisingly enough I didn't see a huge loss in mpg's, maybe only about 2 on the highway. Grab a tuner and that number will be right back up where it should be.

Unread 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #45
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oducks12 View Post
Surprisingly enough I didn't see a huge loss in mpg's, maybe only about 2 on the highway. Grab a tuner and that number will be right back up where it should be.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm definitely considering those tires. They're just so damn expensive!
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.