o2 sensor swap. quick answer needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > o2 sensor swap. quick answer needed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 08-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
rigelbenn

o2 sensor swap. quick answer needed

Currently laying under my jeep. Phone is close to dying. I have looked all over the place and I've gone to auto shops and they refuse to give me any input without paying them to do the swap... Or they look at me like I have 2 heads. I see all 4 o2 sensors. I just need to know which one is bank 1 sensor 2(1/2). I have the 07 5.7hemi and the only diagram I can find is for the v6.

basing it off the v6 diagram its the downstream and the exhaust that bends towards the drivers side. I dont want to base my judgment off a different engine block.

quick response would be awesome!!

rigelbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
magneticred
2008 WK 

From the FSM:

"Federal Emission Packages : Two sensors are used: upstream (referred to as 1/1) and downstream (referred to as 1/2). With this emission package, the upstream sensor (1/1) is located just before the main catalytic convertor. The downstream sensor (1/2) is located just after the main catalytic convertor.

California Emission Packages: On this emissions package, 4 sensors are used: 2 upstream (referred to as 1/1 and 2/1) and 2 downstream (referred to as 1/2 and 2/2). With this emission package, the right upstream sensor (2/1) is located in the right exhaust downpipe just before the mini-catalytic convertor. The left upstream sensor (1/1) is located in the left exhaust downpipe just before the mini-catalytic convertor. The right downstream sensor (2/2) is located in the right exhaust downpipe just after the mini-catalytic convertor, and before the main catalytic convertor. The left downstream sensor (1/2) is located in the left exhaust downpipe just after the mini-catalytic convertor, and before the main catalytic convertor."

Left is drivers side.

Last edited by magneticred; 08-13-2013 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: style
magneticred is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.