JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   o2 sensor on a CRD (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/o2-sensor-crd-1361249/)

K5_Guy 04-25-2012 03:59 PM

o2 sensor on a CRD
 
I have a 2008 WK CRD and I am throwing 3 codes:

P2243 o2 sensor reference voltage circuit open bank 1 sensor 1,
P0131 o2 sensor circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 1,
P0135 o2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1

Questions are:

A) didn't know diesels had o2 sensors
B) Replaced plenty of o2 sensors before but cant seem to find this one
c) what is the correct part number as I am getting mixed results on parts searches.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

suzieque 04-25-2012 05:09 PM

Yup definitely a sensor there

My dashhawk shows the afr, the parts catalog i have does not show a part for the o2 sensor though. You should be able to find the sensor behind the cat perhaps the wires are damaged.

fatfreddy 04-25-2012 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by K5_Guy (Post 13468439)
I have a 2008 WK CRD and I am throwing 3 codes:

P2243 o2 sensor reference voltage circuit open bank 1 sensor 1,
P0131 o2 sensor circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 1,
P0135 o2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1

Questions are:

A) didn't know diesels had o2 sensors
B) Replaced plenty of o2 sensors before but cant seem to find this one
c) what is the correct part number as I am getting mixed results on parts searches.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

The O2 sensor is on the top side of the CAT.You can see it if you look down at the rear of the engine bay passenger side.It is kinda hiding behind the 2 steel lines the come up from the DPF.

suzieque 04-26-2012 04:34 PM

Good photo, that would be it.
I would've expected 2 O2 sensors, 1 before the CAT and 1 after the CAT.

tnadanzig 04-26-2012 08:11 PM

You are correct. See picture of exhaust components.
http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/x...l_7c034c61.jpg

fatfreddy 04-26-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzieque (Post 13474608)
Good photo, that would be it.
I would've expected 2 O2 sensors, 1 before the CAT and 1 after the CAT.

There isn't a down-stream O2 on my 2008.There is only 1 on mine on the top side of the cat.

K5_Guy 04-27-2012 09:33 AM

Thanks for the info! That looks fun to get too!

suzieque 04-27-2012 05:35 PM

now I'm curious, I need to have a closer look at my 2008 setup.

denniscdunbar 05-13-2013 10:55 AM

Did you fix this??
 
I have the exact same issue for my 2008 3.0L Grand Cherokee. What did you do to resolve this?

K5_Guy 05-13-2013 12:49 PM

I had the sensor replaced. I ordered the sensor from mopar and was going to replace it myself, but it looked like I couldn't do it without dropping part of the exhaust and I didn't have that sort of time as i needed an inspection so I just let my local off-road shop do it.

sorry i wasn't more helpful, but it is now throwing the same codes so looks like I get to do it again!

Yay!

denniscdunbar 12-09-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfreddy (Post 13470875)
The O2 sensor is on the top side of the CAT.You can see it if you look down at the rear of the engine bay passenger side.It is kinda hiding behind the 2 steel lines the come up from the DPF.


Was it difficult to remove the Oxygen sensor. I have the same error codes and would like to do it myself. Looks like I can get the sensor for $112.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/SENSOR-Oxygen--[Upstream]/4303711/05149012AA.html


Dennis

caddydaddy 12-10-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denniscdunbar (Post 27064113)

It's on RockAuto.com for $100.79 and thier shipping charges are most likely less as well. :thumbsup:

ggrassmid 12-10-2014 07:19 PM

68 Attachment(s)
I was getting similar codes this summer. Unplugged, cleaned the connectors, and plugged back in. No codes since.

TangoTango 12-13-2014 08:28 PM

you may want to check your air filter first (for too little), and the air system for too much or too little air (leaks).

brew1 02-18-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggrassmid (Post 27080849)
I was getting similar codes this summer. Unplugged, cleaned the connectors, and plugged back in. No codes since.

I now have the O2 Sensor code(s). I'm curious about your procedure. Did you simply disconnect each O2 sensor (assuming 1 pre-cat and 1 post-cat per the diagram) hose down the electrical connectors with electronic contact cleaner spray, lube up each connector with dielectric grease, reconnect and clear codes? Did the codes stay cleared for more than a week?

Does anyone know if the pre and post cat O2 sensors are identical?

Another question a bit off-topic but I'm curious if the cat was replaced by a bypass pipe, is there still a need for the O2 sensors. I previously contacted GDE and they acknowledged they could adjust my programming if I eliminated the cat.

Thanks,

Mark


The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.